Crunch Fitness Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Keith Worts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Nice people to work with, free gym membership, positive environment, above average pay (in 30 reviews)

• free gym membership, Management is organized and works around your schedule (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay small breaks and can get very demanding at times also not being to socialize with coworkers no opportunity to grow (in 10 reviews)

• The personal trainer competition was too much of the wrong stuff (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Truly enjoy being part of this no judgment inclusive, and fun Fitness Community."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Crunch Fitness is a close knit, supportive environment that encourages unity and kindness from the CEO to the front desk. We work as a team towards the common goal of creating a top notch member experience.

Cons

When our members have to cancel their membership because of a significant move , it feels like we have a lost a member of our family.
    We are always sad to see them go.

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture and support all employees and to encourage both personal and professional growth

2. "Membership Advisor"

Current Employee - Membership Advisor in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Membership Advisor in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in. High pace with lots of energy. It's a great place to develop your communications skills as you meet tons of new people each day. You build close relations with member/clients and they bring you referrals:)

Cons

High goals:( It's expected with every sales job. Slower months is nearly impossible to hit. But what can I say, nothing is impossible. You have to go out and get it!

Advice to Management

Great management. They treat you very well! Mentorship is a plus. They will teach you the ropes and you have to go out and get it. If you don't have the right mindset, expect to interview somewhere else.

3. "Crunch empowers you to be an individual"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The mission statement and care from the CEO to all the leaders of the organization.
    My opinion matters. I am allowed to be me. I get to be the leader that I want to be.
    Plus the job is super fun and always changing

Cons

I work alot because I want to be my best

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing
    Love to hear even more from the Top leaders.
    We have the best CEO on the fitness industry....passionate, inspiring and kind.
    All of us can benefit from following that lead every day

4. "Great Place To Work"

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time

Pros

Crunch offers so many opportunities for all skill levels. It has a great environment where everyone loves coming to work everyday. Plus- awesome members that are more than members- they are like family

Cons

Can require some long hours depending on your role or position.

Advice to Management

Stay positive and support your teams through leading by example and investing time with them

5. "Awesome place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Group Fitness Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Group Fitness Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Super Fun Company filled with Amazing People. Love all of the opportunities to learn and grow. Crunch is always training us to be better at what we do. I am inspired everyday I go to work. Very Grateful to work at a company that takes care of its people. =)

Cons

None cons I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

6. "Crunch Review"

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's an inspiring industry to be in, even more so, to be working for a company that is deeply rooted in its No Judgments philosophy. Recently, Crunch has experienced a brand refresh and has applied this fresh perspective into reenergizing their employees and members, alike. Crunch is as fun as it is innovative, always looking to push the envelope, try something new in an inclusive, supportive and energetic environment. The work / life balance is a valued aspect of the corporate culture and is rare in comparison to places I've worked at spanning across a handful of industries. To wake up and head to the office in athleisure, only to be met by coworkers who are not only dedicated to the brand but passionate about improving lives thru fitness and fun is a big pro for me.

Cons

While Crunch has been making a conscious effort to improve the culture from the clubs to the headquarters, I think it would be opportune to revisit the employee benefits package to stay up to speed with the norm.

Advice to Management

Compensation to be competitive with industry standards. Benefits and vacation policy to reflect the norm. Ideal to meet or exceed that would prove beneficial in retaining great talent.

"Passionate Team that Embraces Quirkiness"

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's great to be a part of a company where you get excited to come to work every day. Each person is treated the way they want to be treated. It is refreshing to see a company with people-centric leaders. Every day is different but has the same fun environment with great people.

Cons

I would like to see more annual reviews.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace SOUL.

"Crunch is my Family"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Crunch provides a sense of inclusiveness, ownership and shows they care about their employees. On a personal note, I've worked for Crunch for 13 yrs and very fortunate that I have a job that offers me variety, challenges me, and has provided tremendous learning and development. I work and have been mentored by a boss that I enjoy working hard for. He is dedicated to his Team. I appreciate the leadership roles Crunch (and my Boss) has bestowed upon me and take pride in supporting the development of my colleagues and co-workers. I look forward to mday is extremely fun & satisfying! any more years and many many more successes with & for Crunch.

Cons

Personally, I'd like to see a higher growth ceiling sooner and separately, over the years, I've seen turnover in other departments that I believe could've been avoided if there were more one on one T&D, and in others more organized direction, execution & accountability.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the being the best thing that's ever happened and I look forward to being a part of such an awesome organization.
    Let's keep growing, striving for excellence, selling, making lots of people happy and healthy in a No Judgments atmosphere!

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun, encouraging atmosphere, with lots of opportunity for growth

Cons

no negative feedback to give here

"My favorite place to work!"

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time

Pros

The pros are endless here. The people are awesome, the comp plan is fantastic, the atmosphere is outstanding. The way this company does business is unlike any I've ever worked for. There is a system and a process for everything so there is no guess work. It's simple, engaging, and most important, it's fun!

Cons

I would say that there aren't any cons to working here however we all know there are cons with everything in life. Crunch, just like any organization that wants to remain a key player in its industry is constantly evolving and changing over time. We aren't changing what we stand for but rather how we do business and what initiatives we apply ourselves to. So know that coming in. We're a company that's at the literal tip of the spear when it comes to fitness, so sometimes we have to adapt to changing themes quickly.

Advice to Management

Let's keep it rolling. Things are going well!