Crystal Equation Reviews | Glassdoor

Christine Terman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "No BS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Long time family owned company with impressive client roster. Team oriented. Recruiters have on-going training and access to everyone in the company. Fast paced. Will teach new people how to recruit and not just let them drown. Great earning potential for those who thrive. Performance based bonuses. Stable and open-minded management team. Promotes within. Free lunch. Happy hours. Food and drinks in the office. Modern office environment with big screen TVs.

Cons

Performance matters and there will be pressure. There are a few unique personalities.

2. "Employer Review"

Former Employee - Technical Architect in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Architect in Dallas, TX

I worked at Crystal Equation (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, from contractor perspective, Crystal Equation's HR/payroll services has been good and well managed. Response to emails for questions or issues/discussions is excellent. Company provides reasonable important benefits (Health, FSA and 401k). Company listens when you have something to say even if they may not be able to do much. They try to help.

Cons

Would like to see some annual pay raise for 3 year contracts. Currently it is what you start with which is a tad lower than I expected for the experience. Need to be more in line with individual's experience where justified.

Advice to Management

Know your best contract employees and show some appreciation with some raises. Offer at least year-end national holidays (Thx-giving, Xmas and NY) with pay.

"Unique company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Crystal Equation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Free lunch every day
    - Lots of training
    - Open environment
    - Can say what is on your mind
    - Learn a lot of about technology
    - Global company - kind of cool!

Cons

- Open environment (also a positive)
    - Loud at times
    - Lots of phone calls

Advice to Management

Continue doing more team building events outside of work. CrystOlympics is a great event and allows everyone to get to know each other in a different setting. Maybe do a summer and winter CrystOlympics?

4. "Process/Project Manager"

Former Employee - Process/Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Process/Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Crystal Equations is a Contracting Company that places you with other Companies. They are very concerned how the Client treats you and if you are satisfied working there.

Cons

Does not provide vacation days.

Advice to Management

Should try to place you permanently with companies.

"Out of control work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Pros

Compensation package good ....free lunch
    The concept is good but the managers are way to unprofessional to roll out what owners want.

Cons

Small work space with lots of loud rap music, very unprofessional . Also several of the recruiters chewed tobacoo at their desks and spit in cups all day long..soooo gross. Lots of swearing and yelling all day long.

Advice to Management

Train you managers better - try and have a more professional office.

"HIRED AS A CONTRACTOR"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

It was easy to work for Crystal because they are located in Chicago, IL. and I was able to understand the recruiter. Starting pay was fair. My recruiter worked quickly to secure my position with a telecom provider. I was able to work remotely.

Cons

I never heard from my recruiter after I got the job. Only person I ever talked with was the admin person. I was told I could request a pay increase after 1 year of work and that was a lie. My request was denied and the only person I ever had contact with regarding a pay increase was the Admin Support person. I wasn't able to present my case for an increase in pay. As it was I was working OT without getting compensated because the client did not allow OT, yet the job required it frequently.
    They provide no holiday pay. They provide no paid vacation days, even after I'd been with them for a year. They do have a health plan and a 401k but don't offer any match on the 401k, so basically no paid benefits.

Let me just say that I worked for TEK Systems in the past. TEK stayed in contact with their contractors on a monthly basis. I could call and talk to my recruiter whenever I needed. The recruiter got together with his contractors every other month and took us out for lunch and asked for feedback... how things were going.... any complaints, concerns etc.

At Christmas we went out to lunch, received a card thanking us for all our work and a small present.
    I got paid holidays and vacation after a year of working for them. I got time and a half for overtime. TEK appreciated their contractors.

I never got the feeling that Crystal Equation appreciated anything. When my contract was terminated by the client, they never even thanked me for all the work I did for them.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your contractors. Treat them better and appreciate all their efforts.
    You make money because of us and start offering them some real benefits.. like paid holidays and vacation.

"Strictly sales"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Crystal Equation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a free lunch and you can wear whatever you choose.

Cons

Basically if you are into sales and technology go for it. If you are a recruiter then run far away. You sign a offer letter to work 8-5 but if you leave at 5 and don't make calls on the weekend they pretty much have a heart attack. You are one of 40ppl working on the same position and calling through the same ppl. You receive a hour lunch but realistically you only take about 20mins. The worst of it all there is a 6month evaluation period and not 90days. Even if u get a offer u work like a slave and only get $250 for a hire throughout those entire 6months and you probably won't get a hire until your 6th month.

Advice to Management

Be honest when hiring. Tell future employees real expectations and what they will be doing daily. That this a sales position and not recruiting.

8. "Wonderful company"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at Crystal Equation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- The company culture here is the best I have ever been apart of
    - Open door policy- if you have a suggestion- they listen
    - team oriented- everyone wants to help and you can ask anyone for help
    - can make a lot of money
    - tons of room for growth

Cons

- things change a lot- its a growing company and has to continue to change with it
    - not conventional- if you get offended easily- dont work in sales
    - long hours

Advice to Management

- Keep asking the recruiters how things are going, and what you could do to make the process easier and more efficient

9. "Excellent and challenging sales environment"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Crystal Equation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working here for a while and I think this is the type of sales environment I can be proud to call my home. I learned more about life and business than I learned in books in classes...that's for sure. I feel like I can joke around with people, but at the same time, we have no problem huddling up and taking on really challenging projects. Sometimes, clients call us and want a lot of skilled people very fast, and I was taught to be a champion salesperson here. I know I can lean on a team of really knowledgeable managers but they've helped me grow more than anywhere else I've been. I see Crystal Equation as a place I will keep growing and I can see myself developing my career with Executives that actually ask me what my goals are.

Cons

There are a lot of people who complain under their breath about doing work and blame other people. Guys, it's sales...if you don't like it don't take a sales job. The only other issue I see is that we need healthier lunches working in Chicago.

Advice to Management

I would say to have more bonding events where we can meet everyone on the company. Those are actually very helpful and made me feel like I could put faces to the names.

10. "Evolving company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Crystal Equation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are interested in technology, Crystal Equation is a great staffing firm to work for. I enjoy talking about technology, and I get to do it everyday. The office culture is very friendly; you can say what's on your mind, and you are heard! If you're looking for a 'corporate company', Crystal Equation is not the place. It's considered 'boutique' for a reason!

Cons

The hours are long. If you want a set schedule, this may not be good for you. C'mon it's sales!

Advice to Management

Continue to evolve. Recent changes have been great and I look forward to the future!