CubeSmart Reviews

• Part-time
2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Christopher P. Marr

Pros
  • PTO and Health Benefits are among best offered anywhere (in 6 reviews)

• Benefits, Small Company, Small work environment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is not helpful, but probably because they are overworked & underpaid like us in the trenches (in 9 reviews)

• There is no room for growth in the company (in 5 reviews)

1. "It was a decent job."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Jamaica, NY

I worked at CubeSmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of downtime, Friendly Customers, Got a long with management.

Cons

No room for advancement, I was transferred 3 times without warning, the hours were horrible.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your recruits.

2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at CubeSmart (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is about their internal and external Customers and what can be done to make it the best experience for them.

Cons

Not to many cons that I can think of.

"Store Manager on a Mission"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule is the same every week. Not too many surprises. You either get to work by yourself or with a General Manager. Full Benefits and Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

CubeSmart expects a lot of work for just one and/or two managers that run the store. I wish the pay would compensate the amount of work done. If one small thing is overlooked, the DM's and everyone else at hCube freak out. I do not like the fact that we have to maintain the office AND maintain the property. It is a crazy work load. They do have meetings twice a year that can be fun and you get to meet more people from the company that you work with.

Advice to Management

As much money as storage has been bringing in and CubeSmart being a multi million (if not billion) dollar company, a pay raise would be fantastic. Under paid and over worked is not the best combination.

"General Manager"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The CEO lets you know what he is thinking through online video's that they do each week. They have a "facebook" also known as "instawow" where you can get to know your employers and what they look like. The culture they really allow you to assist the customers and they leave it to you. you have some freedom

Cons

Not enough compensation for the work that you do. They aren't exactly welcome only because when you are first hired on you work 1 location so you really don't get to know your coworkers. and the balance between work and regular life is terrible. If you have a day off they kind of expect you to stay around just incase something happens. (they wont say that to you but they do) If you have a coworker who is suppose to show up but doesn't then you have to come in because its usually a "general manager" a "manager" and if your lucky you have a second "manager"

6. "Con"

Former Employee - Field Training Specialist in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Field Training Specialist in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at CubeSmart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

BUsy work, not enough help for major projects.

Cons

Do not pay high enough for all the work you do. People hired in make more than people there for years.

Advice to Management

Pay to to employees than keep giving management raises.

"Happy at the Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company does a lot of positive things – provides good resources and benefits for employees, does charitable work, supports personal growth, and recognizes employee accomplishments. Fun events happen regularly, and new ideas are given a fair shot. Everyone is enjoyable to work with. The company culture is taken fairly seriously, with "fit" playing a large part in evaluating potential hires, and it shows. There is very little of the typical corporate politicking and backbiting that seems to be prevalent in other similar structures.

Cons

Sometimes decisions are made without fully vetting all the potential effects. Cross-departmental (and even inter-departmental) communication can get muddled and lost. Resources become thin and strained at times when initiatives are understaffed. There is sometimes a lowkey vibe of "us vs them" when discussing "lower ranks" such as store managers and sales center employees. A few other reviews bring up problems with blatant sexism or racism within the upper echelons; I have never seen anything of the sort. It can be safely said, though, that the headquarters could stand more diversity among the staff, and that there are not many women in higher positions.

"Store Manager-Looking For New Job"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

you get to work by yourself, and have the freedom to set plannograms by yourself

Cons

there has been 4 dms since i got hired 10 months ago, and each one is worst then the last. There is a lot of gossip in the distirict and there is a lot of shady people working there that should not have jobs.

Advice to Management

I think you should actually take into consideration how each employee feels. Do not just take what the gm says as right. Especially when they are the ones trying to cover there own butts. I feel unappreciated and taken advantage of.

9. "Property Manager"

I worked at CubeSmart (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice People to work with

Cons

hourly pay was just to low

"Stay away"

Current Employee - General Manager in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - General Manager in Bronx, NY

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy work environment & great hours. On average your teammates will be a great group that will all chip in to help out.

Cons

Upper management is not helpful, but probably because they are overworked & underpaid like us in the trenches. Stop running the stores with a skeleton crew. Always having to leave the office unattended while we go show rooms, or do maintenance work in the building is bad. Customers hate it and yell at us non-stop because of this. But I guess corporate is trying to save as much $ as they can.

Advice to Management

Stop lining your pockets with $ and spread the wealth. We are the ones that make you the money. And stop making us BEG for good online reviews. It's not organic and people can smell the phoniness in the reviews.

"Former Cubesmart Corporate Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Pros

Good colleagues to work with in an interesting business

Cons

Terrible Senior Management who care little for their employees and only enriching themselves.

RSS Feed </> Embed