KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cultural Care Au Pair

Engaged Employer

Cultural Care Au Pair

Add a Review

Cultural Care Au Pair Employee Reviews about "host families"

Updated Sep 26, 2021

Found 9 of over 215 reviews

3.9
Pros
  • "helping host families and au pairs enjoy their year together(in 31 reviews)

• "The main pro is the ability to work from home(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very low pay for a high expectancy of time commitment(in 16 reviews)

• "Sometimes the LCCs aren’t the best(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,873

959 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cultural Care Au Pair and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "host families"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Local Childcare Consultant

May 25, 2016 - Local Childcare Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for! Rewarding job working with Host Families and Au Pairs from around the world. Great was to work from home and make some extra cash.

Cons

I don't have any cons except that I wish that I could work for them full-time!

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Contractor, more than 10 years

Fun part-time job but don't expect to earn much

Sep 26, 2021 - Local Childcare Consultant (LCC)
      Business Outlook

Pros

great company culture - nice employees contributing to cross-cultural understanding helping host families and au pairs enjoy their year together

Cons

hours can be unpredictable if there is a problem housing au pairs over holidays at the last moment very little pay for the time spent if you care

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Current Contractor, more than 5 years

Good work atmosphere and well supported by the headquarter office.

Oct 7, 2020 - Local Childcare Consultant (LCC)
      Business Outlook

Pros

CCAP is a good company to work at. The headquarter office is supportive and all core employees are friendly and respectful. Although the position does not pay much, I enjoy the feeling that I am helping these young au pairs who are experiencing living abroad and their host families.

Cons

The position does not pay well.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 3.0

Enjoyable, flexible work

Nov 8, 2016 - Local Childcare Consultant in East Longmeadow, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is enjoyable to be a mentor to the au pairs. Planning activities and meetings with them is fun. Working with the host families can be enjoyable, or not so much. It depends on your ability to build strong relationships.

Cons

The compensation is very low for what you provide. Even the sales commissions are not high enough.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good company with flexibility

Apr 1, 2016 - Community Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I only worked for them for a few months, but only have positive things to say. They provide all the online training you need to get to know their company and how to become an ambassador for the clients and au pairs. You even get to create your own blog. Being a good mediator to act as a liason between host families and au pairs is a must. There are many laws around this industry, so it is imperative that you comply and engage all the training that is mandated. Since it is online, you can complete the training to fit your schedule. You do need to be involved in your community to find sales leads, families in need of this type of service. Also, if you have any international expat experience, it will help you "put yourself in the au pair shoes".

Cons

Housing displaced au pairs in emergency situations. Although this never happened to me, you need to be prepared to help if this should happen.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

Director

Jun 23, 2015 - Director in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite part of working here is the awesome, smart, hardworking people. My 2nd favorite thing about working here is all the different parts of me I get to utilize. Sometimes I get to be a social extrovert, and sometimes an analytical introvert. Sometimes I get to run around, do public speaking, make gift bags, lead a training, interview candidates, and have fun at work. I help support a staff that provides amazing experiences for au pairs and host families. There are indeed long-term career opportunities for the Best & Brightest.

Cons

A lot of the cons here seem to be from actual au pairs who didn't have the best situation, or from independent contractors (LCCs) who contract part-time with us. It is unfortunate when anyone affiliated with the company has a bad experience, but it's worth noting that full-time staff in the office (like me), or in the field, have a very different experience than those who are au pairs or independent contractors with us.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The very definition of a thankless job...

Apr 30, 2015 - Local Childcare Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being exposed to a variety of cultures and building relationships with au pairs and host families that actually are interested in cultural exchange. In terms of management, the only ray of sunshine there is the Local Development Director who is very passionate, committed, competent, and positive.

Cons

The pay is absolutely horrid. You are paid $25 PER MONTH PER HOST FAMILY. Yes, only $25. So IF you have the part-time max of 15 families in your area, then you will make $375 per month (oh yeah, and that's before taxes are taken out since you're paid as an independent contractor). Every once in awhile you will get extra bits of pay for things like conducting an interview or having a family actually bring on an au pair, but these "bonuses" are also nominal. The organization tries to convince you that you can make so much money if you get involved in the sales side of things, but it's not worth it. I put a lot of effort into sales, and the $600 you receive for getting a new host family "sale" doesn't even come close to making up for the hundreds of leads you have to sift through before getting there. It's a big waste of time. The lack of consistency in the organization is frustrating. So many of the management seem brain-washed into this culture of it being ok to get very little compensation for a lot of work. I think it's easy for them to get away with it since so many of the staff members, especially the field employees, are stay-at-home moms that are looking for something to fill their time and don't actually need the money they are making. I am expected to answer calls and emails pretty much anywhere between 8am and 10pm, even though it is a part-time job and it's not uncommon for an LCC to have another job in addition to this one. If you don't get back to people immediately, they get stern with you and talk down to you as if you are an incompetent child. I have so many frustrations with this organization that it would take hours to write them all. The takeaway from this is that it is a terrible organization to work for and you should run away if you are even considering working for them. Don't do it. Not worth it. I can't wait to be out from underneath this place - it cannot come soon enough.

17 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee

Incredibly disappointing experience. Little training and mentorship. Management does not value people on the ground.

Mar 9, 2015 - Local Childcare Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

LCCs work with wonderful au pairs, host families and fellow LCCs.

Cons

Pay is poultry - this is more of a volunteer position than a job. Concerns are not heard by management. Rules are bent ALL THE TIME.

7 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for, especially if you like sales!

Mar 1, 2014 - Local Childcare Consultant in Mill Valley, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company matches au pairs with host families who are looking for affordable childcare. If you work on the ground level as a Local Childcare Consultant, you don't make a lot of money unless you bring in more business. But the company does support you with a really great computer system to use to track your compliance and families, and which has a wealth of information to use in the job. The company does not make you do sales if it is not your cup of tea.

Cons

If you are only interested in the customer service part of the job, then you won't make much money, but it sure is fun! The company does not make you sell the program, but if you do, then you can make good money. Otherwise I like to call it my "volunteer job."

1 person found this review helpful