KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cultural Care Au Pair

Engaged Employer

Cultural Care Au Pair

Add a Review

Cultural Care Au Pair Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Feb 3, 2021

Found 20 of over 217 reviews

3.9
Pros
  • "helping host families and au pairs enjoy their year together(in 31 reviews)

• "The main pro is the ability to work from home(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very low pay for a high expectancy of time commitment(in 16 reviews)

• "Sometimes the LCCs aren’t the best(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,873

959 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cultural Care Au Pair and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Company to work for!!!

Jan 29, 2021 - Customer Relations Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

work from home, company travel opportunities, competitive salary for entry-level positions, fostering international relationships, excellent benefits package

Cons

promotions and raises aren't as frequent, the caseload for CRM's can be heavy. There is a need for more staff.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Solid work from home job

Feb 3, 2021 - Program Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work from home, somewhat flexible schedule, great benefits (401k, medical, dental, nice vacation package, unlimited sick days), travel opportunities

Cons

Not as many opportunities for advancement, bureaucratic

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It never gets better.

Feb 9, 2020 - Program Director in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Peers are equally hard working

Cons

Management is awful There is no professional development Promotions in the field are rare and based on popularity more than merit Feedback is requested but not well received or acknowledged

Cultural Care Au Pair Response

Director of Recruitment & Employee Development

Hello, Thank you for sharing your perspective and experience regarding the Customer Relations Manager/Program Director role. Please know that our management team is very focused on figuring out what needs to change in order to empower our regional support team to provide the best possible customer experience in addition to thriving in their own roles. Our first monumental change was to restructure the department, narrowing the scope of expectations and responsibilities. We are still in the midst of making adjustments to these newly defined roles, and your feedback is instrumental in this process. I encourage you to reach out directly to your regional Vice President for a one-on one conversation. We are making critical changes now and know that this is done best when informed by team members facing day-to-day opportunities and challenges. Like with any change, finding the right balance and chemistry takes time. We appreciate your openness and encourage you to continue to share your feedback.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Negativity surrounds this job. The feedback is not addressed or received well.

Oct 10, 2019 - Program Director in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Talented peers

Cons

I’m not popular, and that is what it takes to succeed here. Do not express your opinions to try to better their “business”. They value opinions that match their own. More work than you can imagine or complete in a day. No value placed on your contribution to a team. Favoritism is their core value although they will desperately try to share other values. The more you give, the more they take. Look elsewhere and save yourself the headache. I wish I had.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Low pay, terrible management

Sep 5, 2019 - Program Director in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

work-from-home. Sometimes travel for work (which was a pro for me)

Cons

Pay was awful, advancement opportunities came to the most popular people. The popular LCCs (the most profitable ones) have management in their pocket and can make/break your career.

6. 4.0
      Current Contractor, more than 5 years

Local childcare consultant (more than 5 years)

Jun 23, 2017 - Local Childcare Consultant in Derwood, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

The main pro is the ability to work from home. They also offer good support from the main office, flexibility and ability to connect with different cultures.

Cons

This really is a 24/7 job since you are "on call" and the families and Au pairs call you for help diring the most unexpected hours. The company offers extremely low pay and no benefits for local childcare consultants. Other companies in the same industry offer benefits and higher salaries for the same role.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

A company with global opportunities and a small, start-up like environment

Jan 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great people -Lots of responsibility and opportunity for growth -Non-linear development path, so you can start in sales, then move to operations, finance, marketing, etc. -Awesome perks for employees like travel discounts, free in-office fitness classes, great vacation time, 401K matching, great health insurance - fully covered medical and dental on day one -Professional development classes, language classes, and tuition reimbursement -Ability to work from home -Mission driven company with our own non-profit foundation, Kids First, which helps children in need around the world -Great location with views of the Charles river and downtown Boston skyline.

Cons

-No more free coffee and hot chocolate! -Salaries are not as high as other industries, but the work/life balance and other benefits are great.

8. 4.0
      Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Pretty Amazing !!

Feb 8, 2018 - Local Childcare Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I get to work from home, set my hours, set my income, meet people from all over the globe and learning about different cultures. I would say my colleagues are a pretty amazing group of people. Cultural Care sets the standard for how a company should be ran. Positive, Transparent, Supportive.

Cons

My only con would be the the pay for the work we, Lccs put in. Especially housing Au pair's in times of need.

9. 1.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Wolves in Sheep's Clothing

Nov 17, 2017 - Local Childcare Coordinator - LCC in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, creative freedom in event planning

Cons

Extremely low pay, $25/month per family and on call 24/7/365 - Duties include hosting a monthly meeting and three continuing education courses for the year, none of which carry any additional compensation. The only additional compensation is in the form of sales bonuses for new and repeat families. No mileage reimbursement until over 60 miles from your home location - which is the radius of your territory. $100 flat rate for completing training, which is lengthy and involved 1099 employee - no benefits Nice to your face, cutthroat behind your back 'Paid' travel for seminars and conferences is limited to $250 round trip - good luck finding that. You'll also need to pay for your own hotel room if you don't want a roomie, whom you have no choice in the selection of. Management will flat out lie to you, at both the regional and national levels.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Local Childcare Consultant

May 25, 2016 - Local Childcare Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for! Rewarding job working with Host Families and Au Pairs from around the world. Great was to work from home and make some extra cash.

Cons

I don't have any cons except that I wish that I could work for them full-time!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews