Culver Capital Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Michael Thomas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Investment Banking Analyst"

Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst

I worked at Culver Capital Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Boutique investment bank so you are able to have exposure to full deal process

Cons

Required to work long hours with little guidance

Advice to Management

Ethics are better for business in long run

2. "Entry-level sales with young boiler-room feel"

Former Employee - Sales Associate Or Something That Sounds Better On A Resume in Culver City, CA

I worked at Culver Capital Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you stay past the salary break probationary period and are consistently bringing in capital loan agreements for management to 'close' for you, then you may break past a traditional entry-level salary. With luck.

Cons

The top-down structure regarding leads and sales pipeline means that management is always luckier than you.

Advice to Management

Stop simply farming 20-something grads to clean your lead sheets for reselling.

3. "Junior Account Executive"

Pros

Teaches you a lot about financial

Cons

Make lots of phone calls

4. "Truth"

I worked at Culver Capital Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can't really think of any I had while working there

Cons

Every single negative thing you are reading here is absolute truth. I experienced a lot of it while there

Advice to Management

Let go of your Holier than thou attitudes

5. "I'd recommend passing on working here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Culver Capital Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll work with smart people, and there is a lot you can learn.

Cons

The requirements for the job are just not worth it. The pay is incredibly low, and at the end of the day, it is highly unlikely that you'll be rewarded for any of your work. All the negative reviews are absolutely true. I'm actually not sure how there are some reviews that are 4 or 5 stars. Truthfully they don't value their employees, and they are pretty cut-throat with their clients as well.

Advice to Management

Don't just hire and fire. Spend the time to find good people, and invest in their success.

Oct 27, 2015 – VP of Operations

Culver Capital management is committed to uphold the highest standards of professionalism for all Culver team members and customers. Our firm fosters a positive and transparent work environment and... More

"Good working environment. Great learning experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Culver Capital Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company and management really want everyone to be success.
    There's a lot of opportunity where you put he work in.

What you can learn about business and finance isnt available almost anywhere else besides a NYC investment bank.

Cons

There is pressure to work hard. You have to enjoy working on the phones

Advice to Management

I would still be at Culver if not for a very unique opportunity to work in Private Equity. The skills I learned at Culver allowed me to get here though. So thanks again!

7. "Account Exec"

I worked at Culver Capital Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot about different industries which is beneficial when you move on.

Cons

This is literally the worst company to work for. No matter what you do it will never be good enough. If you work here be prepared to cold call at least 160 people a day. They tell you the hours are 7-4 but they prefer you to be in the office from 6-5. This place has higher turnover than anywhere I’ve ever seen. There is just no value with the employees. They see everyone has expendable. There is little vision on keeping people here long term.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people. Be more realistic about expectations. Don't micromanage. Also, don’t berate people for taking a sick or vacation day.

8. "Junior Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

There were none that I can think of.

Cons

This was my first job out of college, and was I in for a surprise. I worked here for about 8-9 months, and it was the worse job I have ever had. It's kind of unbelievable to see that they are still around. It is a very poor working environment, and I would not recommend it for anyone. They give you a great presentation to hire you on, and then the entire time you are there you feel like it could be your last day. It's very boiler room. There are certain individuals that are completely demeaning to the staff, and they are not very helpful. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.

9. "Recently Left Culver"

Former Employee - Junior Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Culver Capital Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have good sales training that will help you learn how to talk on the phone. The training was good. It teaches you how to read a script very well.

Cons

They overwork and underpay you, and treat you like you don't matter when you're an account executive. You will be expected to make 160+ calls a day, and will be expected to "do whatever is necessary to get leads and apps." Management has a tendency to listen in on your calls and berates you for no reason. On blitz day, the reward for making 100 calls by 10AM is that you "can take your tie off" and that's just demoralizing. They expect you to work excessively hard for very little pay, and only a handful of people there make a good living (namely, management makes all the money). They post everyone's call times and call number as a way of shaming people into competing against one another (if you're in red, management ridicules you). This is the worst job I've ever had.

Advice to Management

They need to respect their employees and not treat them like slave labor. Management needs to be less arrogant and rude. They give employees cheap incentives like gift cards and mugs to incentivize them, but it's really just demoralizing. They need to focus on retaining employees instead of continually flipping them out for new ones. I was the third person fired in my class of 8. Leaving Culver was the best thing to ever happen to me.

Jun 22, 2015 – VP of Operations

Once again, this (as well as others posted by the same person ) appears to have been created for the sole purpose of disparaging our firm. We pride ourselves on fostering a positive and... More

"Great Opportunity to Learn Financial Sales"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

Pros

Culver offers the best in industry training; mentoring, coaching, and encouragement to learn and become a professional in the industry.

Cons

You work hard the first 3-6 months as you develop your book of business and need to be serious that this is a career opportunity, not a job that you don't apply yourself to.

Advice to Management

Continue to mentor and train those of us that are serious and want to excel; also continue to weed out those that are negative and not applying themselves.

Mar 31, 2015 – VP of Operations

Thank you for your review, we strive to develop best in class professionals.