Culver Capital Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Culver Capital Group Reviews

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.5
Culver Capital Group CEO  Michael Thomas (no image)
Michael Thomas

"Like living in the south in 1809 and you aren't white!!!"

I have been working at Culver Capital Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent training program for someone new to industry. my minimal checks have cleared thus far. You will learn a lot about your self and how hard you are actually capable of working.

Cons

Management is condiscending and does not appreciate everyones hard work. Almost everyone hates their job. you are required to make 160 connected phone calls per day which equals about 220 dials. I am making less and working harder than I ever had in my life by far.

Advice to Management

Just show your employees a little more respect and appreciation. Most of them are busting their ass for you. Money is one thing but when someone is trying their hardest and feels unapreciated it is demotivating.

Culver Capital Group2014-02-07

Culver Capital Group Response

March 27, 2015VP of Operations

We take these comments very seriously, and find no accuracy in any of your statements. This (as well as others posted by the same person ) appears to have been created for the sole purpose of disparaging our firm.

"Ex-Employee"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Culver Capital Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unregulated Industry. You can earn a good living but at what cost? I recommend working for a bank or other financial institution that will teach entry level employees the right way to do things in this industry.

Cons

Business Ethics are non-existent. Most upper management including the CEO have had a run-in with the law regarding ill-practices in the financial industry. Shady business practices that will not build the right foundation for those who want to join the industry. Lacking in Morals all together

Advice to Management

Disperse and find new careers

Culver Capital Group2014-02-03

Culver Capital Group Response

March 27, 2015VP of Operations

"Excellent training, coaching and encouragement; upward mobility opportunities"

I have been working at Culver Capital Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

1-year training program (with base pay plus bonus/commissions) while you become a financial sales professional.

Cons

Fast-paced and educational; slackers or people w/out a strong work ethic or desire to succeed will not do well.

Advice to Management

Keep coaching, it is very appreciated.

Culver Capital Group2013-12-09

"Excellent exposure to commercial finance industry"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Culver Capital Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team and strong culture environment to work in where everyone around you want you to also be successful and will help you to get their. I really enjoyed the opportunity to learn about commercial finance and the business of my clients. It was very interested and rewarding to help them get the capital they needed to grow their business. Excellent earning opportunity not available in almost any other careers.... Strong integrity at all levels.

Cons

To be successful must work hard (not a walk in the park) and manage various transactions at the same time.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate to be an industry leader

Culver Capital Group2012-09-25

"Great learning environment. Ask and you will learn!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Culver Capital Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The mentorship program allows you to review your deals on a daily basis with Senior Management. You have the opportunity to shadow transactions while learning the business and essentially be coached. You gain a ton of knowledge on various industries and learn what it takes for a business to operate and be successful. The training program is broken up into stages promoting and increasing your earnings as you... advance. Great motivation.

Cons

Not sure if this is a necessarily a con, but you have to be hard working and a go getter to work there. The intellect in the office is definetly something to be harnessed, but you can't slack off.

Advice to Management

Continue to evolve the great training and guidance.

Culver Capital Group2012-07-27

"Excellent opportunity to advance your career and financial gain"

I worked at Culver Capital Group

Pros

Great team. very sophisticated approach with great market opportunity there are few jobs where you can earn six figures in 1-2 years. I was very successful and very much appreciated the opportunity to work here.

Cons

Need to work hard and be focused. You get what you put in. But if you expect anything else you are prob lazy.

Advice to Management

Continue to build your model of adding value one client at a time. Hire reps that really do want to work hard and build a career for themselves.

Culver Capital Group2012-02-25
  7. "Not really a great place to work"

Junior Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Culver Capital Group

Pros

Base pay - instead of paying strictly commission, this really helps in the early stages.

Cons

Strictly telemarketing company and they sell it as something else You get a couple of deals, you probably get fired because they dont want to pay you your fair earnings. Small cubicle work place Management's ability to effective manage the group really sucks and practices are not fair.

Advice to Management

Get involved in the group.

Culver Capital Group2012-04-02

"You must have a knack for the industry"

I worked at Culver Capital Group

Pros

Definitely experienced personal growth and professional growth while working at Culver Capital.

Cons

They say they have a good training program but after a week they just basically let you go on your own. Industry is cut throat and aggressive.

Advice to Management

Provide better training and support to your employees. Do not belittle them or make them feel incompetent, then maybe there would be less turn-over.

Culver Capital Group2012-01-31
  9. "This is not a place you want to work!"

I worked at Culver Capital Group

Pros

They have a base pay, where many positions like this do not.

Cons

-Telemarketing position sold as something different -Leads are horrible...really bad! -Many frustrated and broke people working around me -Work enviornment is a field of cubicles -Weak leadership ability! -Very high turnover

Advice to Management

I would say that the management needs to lower the ego and realize that maybe there is a reason few people want to stay here.

Culver Capital Group2012-02-16

"Very Interesting Place To Work"

I worked at Culver Capital Group

Pros

I can honestly say I learned a lot my self, and that the equipment industry is very cut throat

Cons

I would definitely say that this was very challenging place to work. Management was very disconnected from their employees, and was a, to say the least, volatile work environment.

Advice to Management

Be nicer to your employees especially since they are making you money.

Culver Capital Group2011-10-23