CulverCareers Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Tim Culver

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Culver offers UNLIMITED earning potential which also opens doors for each employee personally" (in 9 reviews)

• "From gift cards, to TVs, to happy hours, to P-Club trips, there's always something new and fun to win" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "base salary turns into a draw if you want to make commission" (in 4 reviews)

• "Being that this is a sales position, you get out what you put in" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company"

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom and flexibility
    Culture
    Growth opportunity
    Earning potential
    company trips
    competition awards
    CC swag

Cons

None.. you get what you put in... love it!

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

"Fantastic Opportunity, Fantastic Culture"

Current Employee - Leadership Development Executive in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Executive in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Amazing, tight-knit family dynamic that is unparalleled to any other company. Every year there is a Palm Springs trip and Company Annual Celebration. Additionally, local offices are encouraged to meet up for fun-filled bonding days!
    *Recognition: Gift cards, raffle draws, and monthly company-wide videos acknowledging top performers!

*President's Club that gives rookies and senior reps a chance to celebrate a strong year!

Cons

*The base salary is a little low compared to other recruiting firms but the commission is uncapped!

Advice to Management

*Keep up company-wide events--great bonding experience between managers, rookies, and all offices!

"Talent Acquisition Specialist"

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Unlimited training- they really set you up for success and want you to do well.
    -Earning potential- you get out what you put in
    -Amazing company culture- you really feel like you are working with a group of great friends.
    -Perks that keep you motivated to make the next sale.

Cons

-None that I can think of!

"VP of Client Development"

Current Employee - Vice President of Client Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Client Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Uncapped commissions and earning potential (especially once you've built a strong client base)
    -Lots of flexibility (the company values work/life balance. If you are focused, work hard and sell - you have a lot of time to enjoy important things outside of work like family, friends, travel, hobbies, etc.)
    -We change people's lives. Making good $$ is a great perk, but we also get to feel good while doing it.
    -Access to leadership. We're a small company and we don't have to deal with unnecessary layers and bureaucracy. Everyone has a voice. You have the opportunity to be involved in some high-level decision making, early on in your career.

Cons

It's important to put in the time and effort, especially in the beginning. If you're looking to get rich quick, this isn't the place for you. But if you're willing to roll up your sleeves and work hard for your first couple of years - you can really build a lucrative career for yourself.

"Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great management
    - Work hard play hard mentality
    - Great work-life balance
    - Promising future $$$
    - Overall great family-like company

Cons

It's a definite grind, so make sure you're able to keep up with the lifestyle of being sales and recruiting!

"The BEST work experience I've ever had"

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time

Pros

Company culture, coworkers, office location, growth potential, CEO, benefits, making a difference in the lives of others

Cons

There are no cons to working here, seriously.

"Management"

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

• Fun company culture that includes free trips to Vegas, Palm Springs, Mexico, etc.
    • An annual awards party every year to celebrate everyone and their sales. This party has been in Long Beach, San Diego, Orange County and Montana
    • Tons of contests where the prizes can be anything form a free trip to an Apple Watch
    • Very in depth, hands-on training that never stops! I’ve been here for over 10+ years and I still learn something new every day
    • We are small enough to have relationships with the executive team. A 3 month recruiter can call our President, CEO or CFO whenever they want and get them on the phone. We’re also not so large that you feel like you are just a number. You have a voice and can make an impact
    • UNLIMITED earning potential. We have two different compensation plans to offer employees. One is to help you ramp up and support you while you build your book of business and the other is once you are ramped up and selling at a high level.
    • Full benefits as well as a 401K with matching program
    • The people! I’ve made life-long friends at Culver and I’m appreciative of a company that fosters strong relationships between its employees
    • Balance is one of our values. From encouraging a healthy lifestyle to extra time off over a 3-day weekend, Culver knows the importance of having a balanced lifestyle
    • We’ve been around for almost 40 years! Not many recruiting firms can say that. Especially, after the last recession.
    • You can walk into any Culver office and most likely see brightly colored walls, music playing and a buzz in the air. Our energy is truly magnetic.
    • We support and push each other for greatness. We raise each other up and celebrate any and all accomplishments.

Cons

None that I can think of!

"Fun Fun Fun!"

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time

Pros

I've been with Culver for 3years now and it's been a fun & exciting 3 years! Family-oriented company culture, fun company outings, exciting sales contests, autonomy to work your own projects or collaborate with team members--the list goes on. Extremely rewarding tasks of helping change candidates living situations and growing companies. No one day is the same--new challenges every day.

Cons

none that I can think of!

Advice to Management

idea: incentivize more for placements made in own accounts to help promote the business development aspect of recruiting.

"Executive Recruiter"

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training. The COO gives a lot of individual attention to you. The management trainer of the branch is very informative.

Cons

Calls = Making money so you have to do a lot of calling. Which for me is fine but if you are not prepared to work hard while you are in the office don't bother. You have to be a go getter.

Advice to Management

None. The position is training heavy so take what they give you and take it to the next level.

"AMAZING Company!"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Orange, CA

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been fortunate enough to work for Culver Careers for over 3 years. Professionally, it's been the most rewarding and fulfilling time of my career! We get to positively impact people's lives on a daily basis, and we get paid (well!) to do so! The company gives you endless support (if you want it), and the rewards for success are plentiful! From gift cards, to TVs, to happy hours, to P-Club trips, there's always something new and fun to win!

Cons

It's hard to think of any cons! Being that this is a sales position, you get out what you put in. If you're one that doesn't work hard on a consistent basis, you'll probably struggle out of the gate in this role.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great people! Keep the atmosphere upbeat and positive!