CulverCareers Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tim Culver

1. Featured Review

"Managing Director"

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time

Pros

- Results oriented, VERY aggressive commission plan
    - Fun culture, tons of events outside of the office
    - Great hands-on training
    - Growth - multiple promotions year after year
    - Fun!
    - Tons of autonomy, they don't micro-manage

Cons

- If you are afraid of hard work, do not apply. The first 1-2 years is a learning curve but eventually it can be the easiest $100K+ you ever make.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Great Gig"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Whitefish, MT
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Whitefish, MT

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fun work environment (ping pong in office)
    -Run my own desk
    -Help build out some incredible companies
    -Earnings potential

Cons

Not really. Pretty unique opportunity

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - RVP in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - RVP in Orange, CA

Pros

Great company culture. Employees are some of the best to work with. Very supportive and willing to always help and offer advice in a fast, fun paced environment. "What we do MATTERS" you get to help people find their new career and path to success.

Cons

This is a sales career. You are on the phone most of the day and hear a lot of no's "not interested". You have to have the ego drive to pick up the phone again, call the next person, make the sale and then make $.

Advice to Management

Keep on what you're doing: listening and caring about your team.

"I'm so happy I found this company"

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best decision I have ever made was to join an organization like Culver Careers. My only regret is that I didn't find it sooner. Where do I begin? CC gives you all the tools and training to be successful you can possibly imagine to be successful. It is a great work environment and we have a unique culture that allows you to be yourself. Your coworkers and supportive and will help you through anything that you need. Management listens, and has even created training programs that weren't previously in place in response to employees.

Cons

With growth in a sales driven organization, there will naturally be attrition. It's a sales job, so it has its ups and downs
    If you're looking for a lot of hand-holding, this job is not for you, if you want a job where you can surf the internet all day, and want to fly under the radar, this job is not for you

Advice to Management

My only recommendation is for CC to be more selective on hiring, continue to hire good people who are smart and motivated
    This place is a gem and should be treated as such. Besides that, please don't change a thing.

"Amazing entry-level recruiting gig!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at CulverCareers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands on management, a lot of training, opportunity to learn how to recruit and bring in new business from the ground up!

Cons

Since it is entry level there tends to be a lot of drama...but that seems to be anywhere that hires fresh out of college employees...

"Loved it!"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at CulverCareers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've moved away or I would still be there. I worked in the San Diego office for 2+years. My 2nd year I made over $100K. There is no other recruiting firm (or sales job) that I know of where you can make that kind of money in your mid-20's with <5 years of professional B2B experience.
    Tons and tons of food, beer on thursday/friday afternoons, 24 days of PTO your 1st year.
    100% paid health insurance after 60 days, 401K with match
    I had all the support, training and leadership I could have asked for, it was up to me to be successful and I was.
    I read some of the other reviews and I'm not sure they worked at the same company that I did, either that or they were too timid for the job and just bitter.

Cons

Sometimes they hire people they probably shouldn't. I saw 3-4 people come and go who were too timid for the job. You have to be assertive and work hard or you won't make it.

Advice to Management

Be a little more careful of hiring.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I never thought about recruiting until I interviewed at Culver! I'm so glad I did. I get to work with happy, excited, and motivated people everyday. No day is ever boring here - and I am engaged and learning on a daily basis. The management team is great at providing training and encouragement - you can't learn everything about recruiting in one day! Overall, I'm extremely grateful I found a company like Culver to invest in me. Recruiting is not for everyone - you need to be entrepreneurial and self motivated to be successful. But if you are, this is a wonderful place to work!

Cons

More happy hours can always be good! But can't really think of anything else now.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job listening to everyone!

9. "Great Entry Level Role"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at CulverCareers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A LOT of hands on training, you have to learn to deal with uncomfortable situations, quick ramp up, easy to be successful

Cons

HORRIBLE internal systems, lots of in-office drama/politics, tends to have a lot of drama, and the forced work schedule (7-5pm).

Advice to Management

STOP THE DRAMA.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Client/Talent Development Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Client/Talent Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ping Pong Table and monthly team outings.

Cons

Low starting salary. base salary turns into a draw if you want to make commission. A LOT of micromanagement. No room for advancement, you'll basically always be just a recruiter.

Advice to Management

the micromanagement become too much to handle, especially consider the fact that you're in the office for 9.5 hours everyday

11. "Great Experience Working with Culver"

Current Employee - New Job! in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - New Job! in San Jose, CA

Pros

I recently worked with Culver to find the next step in my career. Working with Omar and Eric was great! Not only did they keep me up to date through out the entire process, they would also prep me before every interview. Overall, I had the best experience working with Culver and highly recommend them to anyone looking to further their career.

Cons

There were no cons working with Culver!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!