CulverCareers Reviews | Glassdoor

CulverCareers Reviews

Updated Sep 20, 2019

4.7
CulverCareers CEO Tim Culver (no image)
Tim Culver
Pros
  • "Culver offers UNLIMITED earning potential which also opens doors for each employee personally(in 10 reviews)

• "Recognition: Gift cards, raffle draws, and monthly company-wide videos acknowledging top performers(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "base salary turns into a draw if you want to make commission(in 4 reviews)

• "there are no cons I can think of(in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great team Great work"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always a fun day at the office. Help people find incredible jobs. Always learning.

Cons

The office is always positive!

CulverCareers2019-03-29
  2. "Great Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Whitefish, MT

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team environment that celebrates success and collaborates

Cons

It's been good so far!

CulverCareers2019-09-20

"Great experience. But..."

I worked at CulverCareers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn a lot. They offer great team building retreats that are fully paid for. Good place to start out if you want sales or recruiting experience. Very supportive in helping you do close deals.

Cons

The diversity is severely lacking, a good male to female balance but I think there is only one black person in the entire company, they play favorites, and they say they are open-minded but it seems to be pretty one sided. I did not feel comfortable being myself in this company because I feared that it would severely impact how I was perceived by my manager and co-workers. They seemed to be very judgmental with the... slightest clue that you have a different viewpoint than theirs. Also there is no real HR its just a guy who has been with the company for a very long time and that is not helpful since he has a close bond with all of the senior employees and VPs. I never felt comfortable going to “HR” when my manager displayed inappropriate or disrespectful behavior.

Advice to Management

If you want to have a company built truly on your values you should probably be judgment free and have a good balance of different races working there. Also get a real unbiased HR team who employees can actually go to for representation when there is an issue with their onsite management.

CulverCareers2019-03-26

"great"

I have been working at CulverCareers part-time

Pros

everything was great about the job

Cons

there are no cons I can think of

CulverCareers2019-02-21

"Huge Opportunity"

Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We have the ability to change someone's life with their next career move and help companies find the best people to hire! Uncapped earning potential Supportive upper management Recognition - Monthly, Annual Awards, Rookie of the Year, Pinnacle Club Trips, Annual Award Meeting etc. Family atmosphere Great people and collaborative culture Fast-paced and rewarding work

Cons

There are a lot of things you cannot control when dealing with human element (candidates and clients). If you are a control freak this is not the position for you.

CulverCareers2019-02-13

"Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Vice President in Orange, CA

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Management cares about their employees. Offers a great collaborative environment to learn. A chance to help companies build out their teams and grow. A place to help candidates find a better career fit. A career that offers challenges and rewards you with all your successes.

Cons

If you are looking for a career that is reactive and not proactive, this is not it. This is a sales position and there will be challenges. But your successes are rewarded and celebrated.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

CulverCareers2019-02-19

"Incredible Opportunity!"

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time

Pros

It's great to be a part of a company where you are truly making a difference. We help build companies, and we change the lives of the candidates we place through the process, all while enjoying a collaborative and close-knit culture. I look forward to coming to work every day--we work hard, but we have a lot of fun at the same time. There are some awesome incentives (trips, gift cards), events at great venues, and... team-building activities which keep things exciting! There is so much opportunity here--what you put in, you definitely get out.

Cons

No cons that stand out to me. Just expect the unexpected at times when it comes to recruiting for companies, but that also makes things interesting/ exciting too.

Advice to Management

Thank you for continually showing appreciation to your employees in creative, unique ways. It means a lot to know that we are valued. Also, thank you for being so approachable with your open-door policy.

CulverCareers2019-02-12

"You will learn more here than any MBA program!!!"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time for more than a year

Pros

- You will learn so much in this career. So much about companies, businesses, the job market, sales, recruiting, etc. - The teams are so fun and the company has a great culture! - They do fun things like trips to Palm Springs, Mexico, Montana and Vegas - They only promote from within so you have somewhere to go within the company - You have a voice and they actually listen.

Cons

- It's long hours the first few years. The "40 hour" work week is a thing of the past. If you are someone that watches the clock, this role is not for you. - We are in the people business and there's so much that is out of our control. You have to be able to let that stuff go if you want to be successful at Culver. - It takes some time to build your skill set, account base, etc so you have to be patient. Stick... with it, be positive and you will go far with this company!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

CulverCareers2019-01-28

"Company Builder"

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time

Pros

-INCREDIBLE culture -Huge earning potential -Company trips to fun places -Career development -Happy hours, gift cards, bonuses, free lunch -Company that really cares about their employees

Cons

-NONE. I wouldn't change a thing! Keep doing what you are doing. I LOVE my job

CulverCareers2019-01-11

"Fantastic Opportunity, Fantastic Culture"

Current Employee - Leadership Development Executive in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at CulverCareers full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Amazing, tight-knit family dynamic that is unparalleled to any other company. Every year there is a Palm Springs trip and Company Annual Celebration. Additionally, local offices are encouraged to meet up for fun-filled bonding days! *Recognition: Gift cards, raffle draws, and monthly company-wide videos acknowledging top performers! *President's Club that gives rookies and senior reps a chance to celebrate a... strong year!

Cons

*The base salary is a little low compared to other recruiting firms but the commission is uncapped!

Advice to Management

*Keep up company-wide events--great bonding experience between managers, rookies, and all offices!

CulverCareers2018-07-26