Cumberland Therapy Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Anthony Rintala

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Love this Company!"

I have been working at Cumberland Therapy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the best company to work for as a recruiter! Completely believe in work life balance and caring for our therapist.

Cons

I have nothing negative.

Advice to Management

Couldn't be happier with the leadership team!

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist

I have been working at Cumberland Therapy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cumberland has been a supportive and considerate company to work for since the day I was hired. They have always been more concerned about me as a person rather than just what I have to offer them. I have found them to be very supportive with continuing education and benefits, as well as responding fairly promptly to emails regarding any concerns, reimbursements or questions I have. I do not live close to where the company is located, but that hasn't made them seem any more distant or less involved. The have even gone out of their way to meet with us and spend time getting to know their employees and our school district. I am very happy working for them and I am grateful to be a part of their team.

Cons

Sometimes I don't know who to contact about a specific question, but if I send an email to a supervisor or recruiter they always put me in touch with who I need to speak with promptly.

3. "Speech-Language Pathologist"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Cumberland Therapy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Benefits (health, dental, vision), Sundry Bonus for exempting insurance, Money for Materials/Licencing, Wellness Bonus, Loan repayment options, Membership to SLP.com, Wireless Provider Discount (AT&T), Paid through the summer. My rep. was awesome and was always available - working to make sure I got answers I needed.

Cons

From what I have seen, it seems that the pay is lower than average for contract companies in the area. Not willing to negotiate on salary.

Advice to Management

Raise pay for employees to be more competitive with other contract companies. Otherwise all of the other benefits are wonderful!

4. "Personable Communication"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

Pros

Attentive, personable recruiter/ manager who makes regular effort to stay in touch with me and listen to my concerns. Lots of personal touches like regular cards, gifts sent to my home for holidays, anniversaries, welcome etc.

Cons

Wish that there would be more effort on the part of company to negotiate with my school district to get me the very few more hours I need to qualify for health benefits.

5. "Great growing company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiter, Associate Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter, Associate Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cumberland Therapy Services full-time

Pros

Open culture and environment -- everyone is very helpful and approachable to assist and ask questions. Training was very helpful and hands on. All the employees are very experienced and knowledgeable of their expertise!

Cons

None I've experienced so far!

6. "Great Place To Work"

I have been working at Cumberland Therapy Services full-time

Pros

Great culture and management. Great people to work with. Recruiters and AE's know their territories and are very experienced.

Cons

Growing pains. But growth is good. Restructuring. Looking for good talent. Putting new processes in place.

7. "Great company with lots of support!"

Pros

Very positive people with whom to work and full of people who are willing to listen to your needs as a therapist. I love that they offer a salary option, and great compensation benefits for licensure and certification!

Cons

No cons of which to note

8. "Would not return"

Current Employee - School Psychologist
    Current Employee - School Psychologist

I have been working at Cumberland Therapy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You don't have to go through the evaluation process. Good for someone with a lot of experience, wouldn't recommend for a newer employee due to lack of support.

Cons

Expected to come in early and leave later like a regular employee, not compensated as well as other disciplines, no educational or work experiences factored into salary.

Advice to Management

Be aware of what situations your employees may be getting into and provide support.

9. "Good working environment"

Pros

Job independence and availablilty of administration.

Cons

Below average salary discourages retention. high workload,

Advice to Management

None at this time

10. "this is a great company to work for!"

Pros

there was good compensation
    recruiters are very helpful and i did not feel that they were trying to trick or deceive me

Cons

i got little time off
    i did not get any money reimbursed for therapy materials; it all came out of my own pocket.