Cumming Reviews | Glassdoor

Finlay Cumming

"Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer/Art Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer/Art Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cumming (Less than a year)

Pros

Terrific personalities. Willingness to assist at any time to get needed answers. Great opportunity to work offsite

Cons

None. I enjoyed working with my marketing contact and would do so again, no question about it.

Nov 4, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition & Development

Thank you for your contribution! We appreciate it!

2. "Good Company, Just Stay Busy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cumming part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, good pay, lots of perks. They will challenge you.

Cons

Don;t expect to last long if you are between projects. Not enough support for dealing with difficult clients. Upper Management cares, but seems too busy to really do anything.

Advice to Management

Get some support so you can focus.

Nov 4, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition & Development

Thank you for your contribution!

"QS"

Current Employee - Cost Estimator/Quantity Surveyor in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Cost Estimator/Quantity Surveyor in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Cumming (More than a year)

Pros

Good company, good for career

Cons

Nothing to mention. Its ok

Nov 4, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition & Development

Thank you for your contribution!

"Cumming Corp USA is Sized-Right and Growing"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Cumming full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cumming is honest and professional, and not too big, or too small. They are growing and can provide job opportunities from Hawaii and North America to Europe and the Middle East.

Cons

They are not quite big enough to have a lot of job slots on offer at any given time, and the fee-based CM industry's clients require their hired consultants to keep them happy and that means never leaving a project mid-stream.

Advice to Management

Open a Salt Lake City office so I could work with them again.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director, Business Development in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Business Development in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cumming full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When first approached with the opportunity to join Cumming, I had been with the same employer for over 8 years, quite happy, and not looking for a change. However, as I learned more about Cumming’s internal management, culture, and growth projections for 2020…I found myself eager for a new challenge. Now having been at Cumming for over 4 years…I can look back with confidence to say that I made a great move. Some of the “Pros” of working at Cumming include: A work hard / play hard atmosphere, advancement opportunities for entrepreneurial & motivated employees, rewarding, fun, energetic, challenging, and the ability to collaborate with the best and the brightest talent in the business.

Cons

Cumming continues to grow at a rapid pace. In order to maintain their company culture while also achieving revenue goals, change is necessary. If you are an employee who fears change…then Cumming is not a fit for you.

Advice to Management

Stick to the 2020 vision…and continue to invest in your greatest asset…your employees.

"Started Here and Staying Here"

Current Employee - Director, Cost Management in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Cost Management in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cumming full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

With a college-bred construction management degree in hand I was poised to get to work for a top notch general contractor until I heard about Cumming Construction Management. Nearly 8 years later (some in my generation would consider that a lifetime with a single employer) I am still here and thanks to great co-workers, an entrepreneurial spirit, interesting projects, competitive salary and a professional yet flexible environment, I don't plan on going anywhere.

Cons

Everyone wants cheaper and better benefits. Cumming works to be as competitive as they can given the company's size.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing to continue the growth of a relatively young company, in very old industry, at an admirable pace. Keep focus on the people (clients and employees).

"I'm not going anywhere (unless my boss thinks otherwise)!"

Current Employee - Administration in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Administration in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cumming full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have fully enjoyed the 8 years working here at Cumming Construction Management, Inc. There is a great balance of professionalism and fun team building events. We obviously get the job done with the number of happy repeat clients and strive for the best. This company has been a big part of my life so far and am excited for what it brings in the future!

Cons

Paid holidays, PTO (flex days) are slim and benefits are a bit pricey if claiming more than yourself.
    Not everyone participates in team building events, which can come off as not wanting to be a "team member."

Advice to Management

Remember to treat others the way you want to be treated.
    Get more people to participate in office activities, especially the higher-ups! They are leaders and are missing out!

"Fulfilling, challenging, great environment and a fun company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cumming full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Relaxed, fun and friendly environment - work hard / play hard mentality.
    - Good fellow-employees - Everyone works well together and is truly part of a Team.
    - C-Level Management is down to earth and easily approachable (no big egos).
    - Fruit, coffee, monthly birthday lunches, Social Fridays, summer and holiday parties, giving back and volunteer events throughout the year!

Cons

Some offices have different working environments and personalities than others. It would be nice to have everyone on the same page and to really encourage the TEAM environment across the board.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within and reward your employees! We really enjoy and appreciate the fun social perks you provide.

"College life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

I have been working at Cumming full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Above average pay. Beer in the office. There can be some fun and generous and fun events. You get to work on exciting projects.

Cons

Where do I begin? Senior management with no formal training or even a Bachelors degree. Unethical practices are the only thing that is consistent. The compensation and bonus program is unfair with no real parameters. All of the bonuses, vacation time allotment, salary and benefits are not transparent. There is no consistency and each person is basically given what their hiring manager believes that specific person should get. Employees from the UK are favored over the other employees. Billable time is more important than everything else. No flex time - at all. You are looked down upon if you are a few minutes late even when you worked late the day before. Benefits are expensive.

Advice to Management

Hire managers with the education and qualifications necessary to lead a company. Have set standards with minimal exceptions.

Feb 20, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition & Development

Thank you for your review. I’m truly sorry and saddened to hear that you feel this way. As a 10 year tenured Team Member, you have likely been a catalyst to our success, culture, and growth over the ... More

"You must be ambitious"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cumming full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want challenge and ask for it, they will give you a shot. They are not afraid to let young people take on big roles.

Cons

If you don't fight for your compensation and position, you won't get ahead. They will reward ambition, but if you are a doer and not a seller, you will be stuck until you sell yourself higher.

Advice to Management

A clearer org structure would be great.