Cunningham Agency Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2020

4.3
Cunningham Agency State General Agent James Cunningham (no image)
James Cunningham
Pros
Cons
  • "People with no work ethic or who don’t want more from life or who have low expectations for themselves will have a hard time finding their way here(in 5 reviews)

• "You can work long hours sometimes(in 5 reviews)

1. "Very grateful to be apart of the Cunningham Agency!"

I have been working at Cunningham Agency

Pros

Financial freedom Autonomy Ability to serve the underserved

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "Decent Place if you have young kids"

4.0
    Current Employee - ACCOUNT MANAGER/Customer Service Representative in Goshen, NY

I have been working at Cunningham Agency full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, Friendly Staff, Feels like Family

Cons

Overworked, Poor Salary, Father/daughter Team Argue a lot, no advancement

"Opportunity Unlimited"

4.0
    Current Employee - General Agent

I have been working at Cunningham Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing opportunity for professional growth and significant financial reward. Fun atmosphere and great people.

Cons

Occasional lack of professionalism by some employees.

"GREAT CAREER SWITCH!"

Current Employee - Regional Director

I have been working at Cunningham Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid based on your work ethic and performance. Have made more money than any degree position I have held. You don't even need a HSD to work here. Leadership, Coaching and great culture of mentors in the office.

Cons

Not recommended for someone who don't have a good work ethic and that want to be paid for not putting in the work. If you have a hard time leading yourself then you will have a hard time leading others.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Cunningham Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

My manager brings great energy to our team. We have tons of support and there is lots of room for growth. Amazing pay!

Cons

Can work late sometimes but you ultimately make your own schedule.

6. "Amazing environment to grow both career wise and personally"

I have been working at Cunningham Agency

Pros

It’s a very inspiring place to work at. People will notice when you’re nervous or feeling discouraged and they will go out of their way to help you feel better. The weekly agency huddles are filled with valuable information to give everyone an equal opportunity to 100% succeed and grow.

Cons

A lot of competition (but kinda a good thing)

"I recommend this job if you want to go on a wild goose chase for breadcrumbs."

1.0
    Former Employee - Benefits Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Cunningham Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

-A select few can make it work -Monthly agency fun days were exciting -Charitable work was great

Cons

-Atrocious turnover rate, even for the insurance industry. They have gone so far as to put a bell for people who quit to ring as they walk out of the door. - They have you use a bait and switch method and scare tactics to sell insurance - You have to harass the leads are given in order to reach the quotas they require - you will be yelled and cursed at. -The "leads" provided are often 1-2 years old, but I even had some that were 4 years old - Hire people as an "Independent Contractor" yet you are expected to work as if you are an employee receiving a salary and benefits. (i.e. mandatory call nights, meetings, etc.) -Held weekly "mental health" and motivation meetings as a team because this job was so challenging. I fully endorse having a focus on the mental health of the people you're managing. However, there is probably a bigger underlying issue at hand if its necessary to constantly have to motivate and encourage employees and check in on their mental state.

Cunningham Agency Response

December 18, 2019CEO

Did you know the %E2%80%9Cbell%E2%80%9D you referenced is a replica of the same bell Navy seals ring when they quit. We try to give individuals such as yourself an opportunity to approach life with the mentality that before you start something to make up in your mind you will do what you need to do to succeed. Maybe if you would have taken the approach to serve our members and not attempt to use scare tactics your results would have turned out better. We%E2%80%99re confident your experience with us will allow you to be better in your future endeavors. Btw it%E2%80%99s a privilege to service the members we are partnered to work with as well as our policy holders. We don%E2%80%99t think you should make fun of people who struggle with mental health problems as it%E2%80%99s a serious issue in our world and we unlike many employers do care about our people which is why we try to help them in this area as well as other things you will never get a chance to experience. We appreciate your opinion and wish you all the best. God bless you!

8. "If you have the opportunity to work here, take it!!"

Current Employee - Career Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Cunningham Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great compensation, great culture, exceptional training, awesome/exemplary leadership, promotion opportunities

Cons

This job is not for everyone

"Go getter job"

Current Employee - Benefits Representative

I have been working at Cunningham Agency full-time

Pros

No cap on Income. Positive work atmosphere. Competitive. Promotions galore! Great leadership.

Cons

Can be discouraging if you dont put in the work because you wont see results.

"Not for the average"

Current Employee - Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Cunningham Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great support system Great compensation and bonus structure Room for advancement

Cons

Long days, a lot of driving but compensation is great!

Found 73 reviews