Cunningham Lindsey UK Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Phil McNeilage

Pros
  • Good Benefits, good comp if you are willing to work for it (in 5 reviews)

• Overall, the shared services office is a good place to work (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • If your a yes man you will succeed, as upper management doesn't want to hear your opinion (in 7 reviews)

• Direction from senior management needed (in 5 reviews)

1. "Learned a lot"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, good comp if you are willing to work for it

Cons

Political. Very VERY political

Advice to Management

Be kinder to the people who are hustling.

2. "Claims Adjuster"

Former Employee - Property Claims Adjuster in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Property Claims Adjuster in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provided a $500 monthly stipend for my personal vehicle

Cons

poor training leaving the rep unprepared, inconsistent workload, antiquated garbage operating system, wouldn't pay for cougar paws or internet, lied about the territory and types of claims to be handled in the job posting.

Advice to Management

hire a trainer, don't lie on the job posting

3. "Could be so much better."

Pros

Great work/life balance, laid back environment and the staff is friendly and great to work with.

Cons

There is no transparency and a lot of changes are always happening. Lack of bonus and raises over the last few years. No room to advance in the company.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people who have been through thick and thin with the company and be transparent with your employees.

5. "Company is a mess and revolving door attitude"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There aren't many pros except for the everyday people that do all the work. A really good group of people for the most part, except for the few individuals who are yes men. You know who you are, as everyone else knows who you are.

Cons

This was probably the worst company I have ever worked for and I'm not saying this as I no longer work there. If your a yes man you will succeed, as upper management doesn't want to hear your opinion.

Advice to Management

Try listening to the experts in their field/department and maybe you will succeed, but I doubt that will happen. There is more than 1 PERSON that works there.

6. "This company is the absolute worst"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey UK full-time

Pros

average pay, benefits. Opportunities for overtime

Cons

this company is just dysfunctional as a whole. No set of policies and procedures and terrible management. Major office politics. Tons of arguing, lying, back stabbing, manipulating etc. HR team is awful. Basically relies on temp agencies to do their job(s) for them. Turnover at this company is still very high and no one seems to want to do anything about it

Advice to Management

fix the management and make better attempts to treat your employees right....all employees!

Cunningham Lindsey UK Response

Feb 15, 2016 – Recruitment Manager

I am so sorry to read you feel this way. There isn't an indication as to what country your are located in, but if it is the UK then please have no hesitation in contacting me confidentially as I'd ... More

7. "Great temporary learning experience but not a long term option"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With such a dynamic change in the operations from siloed multinational operations to a global operation with shared services, opportunities to expand your skills are everywhere.

Cons

Senior management is split between those that are legacy and those that were hired after 2013. The new blood has global management background, excited about changes, promote teamwork, believe in managing people not managing process. Legacy managers are secretive, tyrannical, and resistant to change especially if it means transferring authority to the global operation.

Advice to Management

Stop operating under the threat of senior leaders leaving for the competition if you don't cater to them. The company and its employees only suffer under managers that think they own the company.

8. "Good experience but not a career company"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Tampa, FL

I worked at Cunningham Lindsey UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, the shared services office is a good place to work. Large staff so plenty of interaction and opportunities to make friends and feel comfortable. They try to organize and promote a lot of employee activities and events. Tons of free food and beverages and the office is beautiful. It can be a fun place to work if you are outgoing and like to drink with your coworkers after hours.

Specific to my department, I had a great boss and a flexible schedule. My position was low stress and overpaid for the difficulty and volume of work I was responsible for. The technology available is advanced and efficient.

Cons

Turnover in all departments is incredibly high. The company would rather bring in a group of temps who will leave before their 90 days is up instead of promote from within. Upper management does not respect, value, or communicate with the support staff. Office politics are rampant here - constant gossiping, backstabbing, lying, and playing favorites play a huge role in destroying company morale. Out dated and impractical policies and procedures will keep you from being promoted or from adding any value to the organization. They are stuck in the "that's how we've always done it" system.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees - listen to them, communicate with them, take them seriously. Stop playing favorites and stop letting your department managers manipulate each other and you.

9. "Good company if you have a good work ethic"

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with CL for over 6 years and seen a lot of changes. What I notice most is that those employees who have a strong work ethic vs a victim-mentality, tend to thrive and do just fine. Management leaves me alone as long as I do my job. Pay is great, benefits are good, I work and set my own hours which leaves me plenty of free time.

Cons

I work out of my house so miss the daily interactions with coworkers, sometimes long hours but honestly, as any adjuster knows, that is the nature of the business. Sometimes you are covered up and other times business is slow.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to put the right people in the right places. When an employee doesn't perform,despite repeated counseling/assistance, they should let them go versus keeping them on for years upon years. Hire the right people at the right pay vs hiring warm bodies or no one at all.

10. "Not bad..."

Current Employee - Property Adjuster in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Property Adjuster in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Cunningham Lindsey UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there are benefits, heath, life, dental, vision and 401k plus auto allowance or company car.

Cons

as a property adjuster the hours can be very long.

11. "awful"

Former Employee - FLORIDA in Lauderdale Lakes, FL
    Former Employee - FLORIDA in Lauderdale Lakes, FL

Pros

Created my own schedule, decent benefits.

Cons

No support from management and no room to grow in the industry.