Cupertino Electric Reviews

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Cupertino Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Cupertino works on some of the most challenging and skyline changing projects in the areas they serve. There are so many opportunities in different locations, different divisions, and with different managers. If something isn't working for you, there is another place within the company you can go before leaving altogether. Cupertino really cares about it's people and often rewards it's employees with bonuses, profit sharing, unique Christmas presents, Employee appreciation parties, etc. Tom Schott is a great CEO and really knows everyone that works here.

Cons

Some internal departments feel like they are working against you. The business system change was extremely disruptive.

January 2, 2020People Team

Thank you for your positive, honest feedback. It’s wonderful hearing that you appreciate our robust benefits, employee rewards, and the diverse and challenging projects CEI is involved with. We aim to place employees in roles where they continually learn something new and challenge themselves, so thank you for recognizing the many growth opportunities available. We’ll take your business systems comments into consideration to minimize any future discomfort as we continue to grow. Thanks again for taking time to share your experience with us!

2. "Solid Foundation"

Current Employee - CAD Designer

I have been working at Cupertino Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Uh... Everything? So far I have not disliked the way business or work has developed.

Cons

I'll have to get back to you on that when I find any.

June 29, 2020Sr Staffing Coordinator

Thank you for the positive comments. We’re glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience with Cupertino Electric and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel. Keep it coming!

3. "Hired to complete training packets"

2.0
    Former Employee - CAD Detailer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cupertino Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

Occasional free meals. Company events happen often.

Cons

Inappropriate comments are tolerated by management. It has been said to me that the BIM Department is seen as less-important by some members/departments of the company.

July 24, 2020The People Team

Thanks for providing feedback on your experience. We plan to take your suggestions into consideration as we continue to improve our management and training effort across the company. Feedback like this is important to give us visibility into areas where we can make changes that improve the employment experience for everyone. Thanks again for taking time to submit your comments.

4. "Great Opportunity --- As long as you fit"

Former Employee - Project Scheduler in Benicia, CA

I worked at Cupertino Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good money, flexible as long as you go-along

Cons

Management Lacked Experience and was spread too thin

June 29, 2020Sr Staffing Coordinator

Thanks for your honest feedback. We will take your suggestions into consideration as we continue to improve our management training and development efforts. It’s feedback like yours that gives us the visibility to make important changes that benefit everyone. Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments.

5. "Fast Growth if you put in the time!"

Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Cupertino Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are willing to work the extra hours and ask the hard questions, you dont go un-noticed. Senior level management takes input from all tiers of employees very seriously. VERY good perks!

Cons

Project team is under-staffed. Its easy to have a lot of work on your plate that is unrealistic at times. But, thats the world of construction.

June 29, 2020Sr Staffing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. Because our business has specific staffing needs, we take into account the right resources needed for the right task and project. We’re always looking for experienced project engineers and assistant project managers, which are in high demand. If you know of someone with the right focus and experience, we’d love to hear from them. We encourage employees to spread the word about working at CEI and to take advantage of our employee referral program. Thanks again for your comments.

6. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager

I have been working at Cupertino Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Team, Benefits, and Pay

Cons

Some dysfunctionality but every company experiences

January 8, 2020People Team

Thanks for the positive feedback about CEI’s culture, benefits and compensation. Because our people are our most important asset, we strive to create an exciting, supportive culture for each and every employee. We’re sorry to hear you experienced dysfunctionality, and do hope that you can bring your concerns to your manager. Thanks again for your comments.

7. "Working at Cupertino"

Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician

I worked at Cupertino Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

Highly organized Many resources Safety conscious

Cons

Management without experience Culture of fear

December 18, 2019People Team

Thank you for your candid feedback. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience with your manager. Our recruiting is done with the intent of providing a long-term career path at CEI. While many of our employees have been here for years (and sometimes decades), we also welcome new ideas and people to challenge our beliefs in a positive way. With your feedback in mind, we will continue to evaluate how to best reward and recognize those who are loyal to CEI and who perform year after year.

8. "Safe"

4.0
    Current Employee - Foreman in Eagle Mountain, UT

I have been working at Cupertino Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company with safety a priority

Cons

Occasionally hard to get tools

December 18, 2019People Team

Thank you! Safety is of utmost importance to us at CEI and is one of our core values. We’re always working hard to improve safety performance and encourage employees to take responsibility for working safely. Very sorry to hear that you had difficulties obtaining the necessary tools on occasion and hope that you’ll bring this to your supervisor’s attention so that we can provide you what you need to be successful.

9. "Good experience."

4.0
    Former Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cupertino Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Many opportunities to learn new skills and add to my resume.

Cons

Management and field teams had a few challenges at times.

December 18, 2019People Team

Thank you for the positive feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed your time here as a CEI employee.

10. "It's okay"

I worked at Cupertino Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are great and hr is helpful

Cons

Management turns a blind eye on drama and protecting it's employees.

December 19, 2019People Team

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our Benefits and HR team. People are one of our most important assets and we believe in fostering an environment where our employees are excited to show up and do their best work. We will take your candid feedback into consideration as we continue to improve our practices and create an award-winning culture.

Found 67 reviews