Curaspan Reviews | Glassdoor

Thomas Ferry

1. Featured Review

"I Love My Job"

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that work here are amazing! Curaspan really values work/life balance. We have team outings, company lunches, game room competitions and more. No matter what department you are in, all teams collaborate in a positive, effective way which really makes working together fun.

As the company grows, it is nice to see the management team still putting in the effort to get involved on every level. Employees are encouraged to jump outside of the box and try new things. It makes sense that one of Curaspan's core values is "We're not afraid to fail - or have fun."

Cons

Learning new products, services and regulations is difficult for new employees, however Curaspan puts together great "Curaspan University" classes to help with this transition.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

2. "Excellent Company"

Pros

They really value their employees.

Cons

None that I can think of.

3. "great company, interesting stuff, recently acquired"

Pros

interesting product; core Curaspan culture great

Cons

recently acquired; still in transition

5. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is full of very nice and very skilled employees. It is great working on a team of people that I would hang out with outside of work and that really know their stuff. The company also has great benefits and treats their employees better than most companies I have been with. Work/life balance is a real priority for management.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list. Everything has been great.

Advice to Management

Keep the company culture going. It is impressive that the company culture has been maintained as it has grown to this size.

6. "So far so great"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Newton, MA

Pros

The company has a great culture. All of the employees understand the values and seem to be working towards making them a reality. Most companies I have been a part of draft some values and then frame them and stick them on the wall and that is the last you ever hear of them. This company talks about them often and really seeks to align what we are doing on a day to day basis around them.

Cons

Lot of meetings. Curaspan is experiencing explosive growth and with any company going through that there is a transition period. I think Curaspan is just starting to enter that period. They like to keep everyone informed about what is going on, but sometimes the result of that is everyone has a ton of meetings on their calendars.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep focusing on culture, culture, culture. During this time of growth if we take our eye off it for a minute the company can transform into something we didn't want.

7. "Good company -- middle management need some training"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits
    Good work environment and work- life balance

Cons

Some middle managers treat the employees as Personal Secretary. Understand , that all are working for the company , not for you

8. "I really love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The ability to wok from home, especially from another state.
    Great people to collaborate with, including other departments.
    Even while working remotely, the people in the company do feel like a family.

Cons

Working from home can be difficult sometimes. I live multiple hours away, and it can sometimes be hard to feel part of a culture or team, but Curaspan works very hard at making sure that all employees feel part of the company

9. "Great company!"

I have been working at Curaspan full-time

Pros

Everyone is dedicated to excelling in their job and helping each other. There is an excellent work-life balance and Curaspan goes above and beyond to make employees feel appreciated.

Cons

As the care transition market changes, it seems like Curaspan is struggling to decide what direction they want to go in this market. The main product needs upgrades to make it more competitive in the market place, which they are currently doing through research, betas, and pilot programs.

10. "The best place to grow"

I have been working at Curaspan full-time

Pros

The people are amazing. No matter what group you're in, there's a sense of pride in what people do. It's very contagious. The leadership is truly interested in what you think, and want input on how to make things better. No way to have an episode of "undercover boss" here. We all know and love the CEO and COO of the company. Because the company is still small enough that your impact is known, but growing- there's plenty of room to grow with them and they encourage it.

Cons

As always, with any growing company there can be growing pains. If you make it through one phase, you come out happy with the result.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep listening to your workers, as making sure they're happy is the most important part.

11. "Work hard to play hard with a very talented team!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Newton, MA

I have been working at Curaspan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was the best I ever had as I had the chance to meet the entire team. They worked with my schedule to come in to the office and even offered to grab some coffee closer to me to better accommodate me.

Great team and leadership environment. Everyone imemdiately comes up to introduce themselves and chat with new employees. It's a tremendously fun hard-working office that offers a flexible and supportive work/life balance and versatile culture. The office rings of laughter and positivity on a daily basis and employees are empowered to contribute to the company overall.

There is no great divide from upper management to the rest of the team. For example, CEO Tom Ferry engages with all of us on a daily basis, whether it's chatting about our lunch options, upcoming marketing events, or even the latest recap of the Bachelor.

We are currently constructing a pretty cool second floor in the office with updated tech features, team hubs and meeting spaces, and wellness perks such as treadmill desks. We all can't wait to see the new space as we continue to grow.

Cons

As business here is bustling with its fair share of dedicated teams and updates, getting up to speed on products, services, and offerings is an inherently demanding task for new employees, but Curaspan offers extensive training and "Curaspan University" programs to properly onboard and better integrate new and current employees.

Advice to Management

Continue engaging the team and remain involved in the day-to-day