Curriculum Associates Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2020

4.8
Curriculum Associates CEO Rob Waldron (no image)
Rob Waldron
Pros
Cons
  • "Rapid growth is tough to manage, but company has been very responsive both in hiring and restructuring to meet the needs of their client base(in 7 reviews)

• "Like at any company, it's on you to create your work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best in Class"

Current Employee - Editor

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been in the industry for nearly 20 years, and CA, by far, provides the best work environment with the smartest people. No place is perfect, but at CA, you are encouraged to speak up and say it like it is. You are encouraged to be yourself with your colleagues, managers, and all the way up to the CEO. The work is interesting, meaningful, and above all, high-quality. No one is peeking over your shoulder timing how long it takes you to edit an item. You are treated with respect, professionalism, and compassion. I feel like I hit the jackpot by landing this job.

Cons

More of a pet peeve - Meetings tend to run over.

2. COVID-19

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Pd Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

You work for a company where everyone actually cares about serving students and schools, and they care about their employees. They have been incredible during this Covid-19 crisis, and I have been incredibly thankful for the communication and support.

Cons

It really is a great place to work, but the interview and hiring process takes a long time and can be a little frustrating at times. Be patient, it is worth it!

3. "So far so good! I love it here"

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people: kind, educated, open minded Great company: their values are simple yet great. Although it is a for profit organization, and of course we gotta make money to survive; everyone's focus is on helping educators and service schools. Great perks: amazing benefits like paid holidays, paid vacas, great health insurance, gym, snacks, $5 lunches, work from home flexibility

Cons

I'm not going to lie, there will be some very long and stressful days but it's never not worth it. At the end of the day you will know you helped teachers and students around the country have a better classroom experience. Everyone here is passionate, smart, and a hard worker. You will be pushed to be the best you. This is not really a con though.

4. "LOVE these people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Curriculum Associates part-time

Pros

The employees are driven, kind, always willing to help.

Cons

There really aren't any cons at this point.

5. COVID-19

"Mission driven leadership, healthy and rewarding work environment"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Yardley, PA

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined CA 90 days ago right before the office and most schools closed due to COVID19. My on-boarding and 1st 90 days are different than I imagined but I am so proud to be working at an organization truly committed to their values and creating a culture of always doing the right thing for those we are serving. From our CEO down, I have found everyone to be honest and up to the challenge of doing hard work, even when difficult conversations are needed to accomplish the goals. I hope to spend the rest of my career at CA and feel truly blessed to have been hired at a time where there are so many uncertainties in our world. CA provides the stability of an environment where you can make a positive difference and where you know you are valued by leaders at the company.

Cons

The only downside I have is not being able to travel due to COVID19. I believe I will be more valuable in my role when we can come together in-person.

June 12, 2020Senior Director of Talent

Wow! We are overjoyed to know that your onboarding experience was a positive one, despite complications that came out of COVID-19 (and are still coming). Our teams are working tirelessly to ensure that our newest team members get as much a sense of togetherness as possible, even while we are physically apart. Here at CA, we see every employee as an asset, regardless of current travel capacities. Thank you for all your hard work during these unprecedented times. Welcome to the team. Continue to take care of yourself and let us know how else we can support you as your year unfolds. - Shrina

6. "CA really is an amazing place to work"

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Your work has a positive impact for millions of students and their teachers. Seriously, CA offers an opportunity to do work that matters. - Individual contributors are trusted and empowered. - Management at all levels are transparent and honest. - The culture is the best I’ve experienced.

Cons

There really aren’t any. It feels like CA has figured out the magic formula for how to treat employees.

July 8, 2020Senior Director of Talent

We are thrilled to read that your experience as a CA employee has been a positive one so far. The CA community aims to meet expectations set through our values, and then exceed them. CA is constantly evolving and improving as a company; we’re glad you feel empowered, trusted, and valued as a result. We appreciate all your contributions to our mission and work. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us! - Shrina

7. "Great office environment"

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive salaries, excellent benefits and flexible working hours.

Cons

Limited career growth and career development opportunities.

June 12, 2020Senior Director of Talent

Thanks so much for your feedback! We’re delighted to hear that you appreciate CA’s competitive compensation, benefits, and flexible work schedule opportunities. CA takes pride in supporting its employees. We recommend bringing career growth and development concerns to your managers. Additionally, we hope that you’ll survey our resources through LinkedIn Learning. There are so many ways to grow at CA. Keep letting us know how else we can support your professional development journey. - Shrina

8. "Sales Development"

Current Employee - Sales Develolmetn

I have been working at Curriculum Associates part-time

Pros

great work enviornoment, good pay

Cons

could be boring at times

June 12, 2020Senior Director of Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience as a part-time employee at CA! We are happy to learn that the CA work environment is supporting you. As you know, the work in serving students and teachers nation-wide is never done! We encourage you to reach out to your manager with feedback – there is always a way to spice up your day at CA. - Shrina

"Love it here!"

Current Employee - Digital Program Manager in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Corporate culture, benefits, work for a good cause

Cons

The office is in a weird place

June 12, 2020Senior Director of Talent

We’re glad to hear that your experience as a CA employee has been a positive one CA works hard to align its mission with its culture. To promote the best possible execution of its mission, CA serves its employees with a competitive benefits package and opportunities for professional growth. Thanks for being part of what makes CA so great! - Shrina

10. "Amazing place!"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in North Billerica, MA

I have been working at Curriculum Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture that values honesty and transparency. Leadership is highly engaged at all levels. Our product actually improves people's lives. Excellent pay, competitive with companies in the city. Fast hiring process. 10% annual bonus! Awesome benefits - CA covers 100% of the health insurance deductible. Great health and dental plans. Job security. Diverse and accommodating workforce.

Cons

The environment is complex and there's a steep learning curve but things are always improving.

April 16, 2020Senior Director of Talent

Thank you for noting your experience as a CA employee. We are thrilled to know that it’s been a positive one so far. CA prides itself on providing employees access to competitive compensation and benefits. As well, we’re working every day to build and sustain a community that embraces all. It’s true: we are ever evolving our processes to better suit our growing needs. We are so glad you’re a part of it!

Found 139 reviews