Cover image for Curriculum Associates

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,937

976 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Curriculum Associates and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Can not imagine working elsewhere

Oct 19, 2022 - Educational Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is great. Teams are high-functioning and trustworthy. Unlimited vacation (with manager approval)

Cons

No real downsides. Great efforts are put into making all feel valued and that they belong here.

Curriculum Associates Response

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We are so grateful for your endorsement!

2. 5.0

Great job

Nov 15, 2022 - Pd Specialist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are fantastic and the work is interesting and inspiring.

Cons

Work load is very heavy during Back to School

3. Join the Curriculum Associates team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Appreciative, blessed and thankful!

Sep 22, 2022 - Educational Consultant in Lakeland, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Appreciative, blessed and thankful are three words that come to mind when describing how I feel about working at Curriculum Associates for the past 6 years. Blessed to have a job that I love that lets me meet and work with some of the most dynamic, talented, and passionate educators around. I appreciate being able to work for a company that respects and values my work as an educator while encouraging and trusting me to do what’s in the best interest of teachers and students. Thankful that I am able to support educators with their implementation of a product that I truly believe in that focuses on data-driven instruction, student growth, and celebrating student success! I am also thankful to have a career that allows me the opportunity to thank and CELEBRATE educators for their service and let them know how much I appreciate their hard work and dedication to their students and our profession.

Cons

Busy times are VERY busy, but that is to be expected during Back to School season.

Curriculum Associates Response

Thanks for your review! At CA, we are dedicated to the needs of educators and employees alike. Thanks for being part of our team as we continue to grow.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome Experience!

Nov 2, 2022 - Product Management Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved my time with Curriculum Associates working as an intern over the summer. I was able to meet and network with various people as well as gain more insight on what it's like working at an Edtech company! Everyone is super welcoming to questions and you feel like your work is valued.

Cons

Sometimes there will be days that work can be repetitive.

6. 5.0

Supportive Environment for Women in the Industry

Jul 13, 2022 - Associate Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

My direct manager has proven to be an incredible mentor, who makes me feel supported and who's always looking for opportunities to help me grow. I have been given the opportunity to work on projects that interest me and that also put my skills to use. At the same time, I have been given the opportunity to develop my digital skills. I have been assigned projects that my manager knows I can handle, while, at the same time, I have been able to learn new ways of doing things along the way. In these instances, my manager has not micromanaged my learning journey, and I’m very appreciative of that. As a mother, I feel that my manager supports and trusts me if I need to take time during the day to take care of my son. My requests for time off or to excuse myself from my desk during business hours have always been met with understanding and kindness.

Cons

I honestly feel that I’m working in the right company for me. However, given the nature of my role and the ways in which we communicate, I wish we would further streamline the number of meetings we have as a team. Achieving this “sweet spot” is a work in progress.

Curriculum Associates Response

We’re so glad you feel supported and empowered in your role here! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here.

7. 4.0

Great Benefits; Stressful Work Environment

Sep 29, 2022 - Associate Research Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company does a wonderful job of supporting employees in terms of benefits. Being able to work remotely paired with the newly implemented unlimited vacation policy is incredible. Additionally, I received a 20% salary increase my first year after the company took it upon themselves to do a salary review of similar positions across the country. Lastly, in terms of upward mobility, they are very attentive. In all of my annual and mid-year reviews, the conversation is always centered around how to set me up for promotion.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and communication can sometimes be an issue. Additionally, on my team in particular, we have more work than we can handle. As such, I never have enough attention to give to important projects and it often it feels like I must sacrifice quality for speed. This creates a lot of stress.

Curriculum Associates Response

We are glad to hear that you feel supported and valued as an employee at CA. As CA grows, our employee experience remains a top priority.

8. 5.0

Current Employee- Business Analyst

Aug 12, 2022 - Business Analyst - Integration in Hampton, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Curriculum Associates provides great quality products and services to teachers and students and I believe in what we do. I think we make a difference in their lives for the better daily. Company growth has been great and it seems like new hires are joining the team weekly. Compensation IMO has been above par and I think this is to retain and attract talent. Work life balance is terrific I never have issues requesting time off or if I have an appointment during work hours its very flexible.

Cons

The only con is there was a decent amount of turnover with management. A handful of managers left within a couple month window and morale was down in the department. That said, the new hires to replace those who left have been great and we are back on track with morale on the rise.

9. 5.0

CA Make My Life Better

Jan 26, 2022 - Senior Editor in Islip, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thanks to working at CA, I was able to buy a house shortly after getting married. Previously, it had been a difficult thing to figure out where to buy because my husband and I commuted in opposite directions. Since CA treats employees like responsible adults and lets us work remotely, we found a house within our budget, closer to my husband’s office, and close enough to our families to see them every weekend. We couldn’t have done that without CA. Without a commute, I have more time to prepare healthy meals and exercise. We are also in the process of becoming foster parents, which CA has shown a lot of support for. My immediate team is very excited for us and will work with any scheduling conflicts. CA at large has updated the parental leave policies to specify fostering. I also appreciate the DEIB work the company is doing. Practice makes progress. Hopefully we will slowly but surely make the products and be the company we aspire to be.

Cons

I know this is new, but a clearer policy for fostering would be helpful. With all of the unknowns in the foster care system, additional clarity from CA would be comforting. Also, I have been an editor for a long time. When I consider trying something new, I'm afraid of losing the security and benefits at CA to try. This is not a position I've ever found myself in before. There was some over-promising around DEIB. I think the company has been transparent about shifts and am still hopeful, though this is not how everyone feels.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Director of Talent

We are thrilled to hear how CA's flexible work environment has impacted your life for the best! Our compensation team works hard to ensure that compensation is competitive- candidates should feel free to speak openly about salary needs when speaking with a recruiter.

10. 5.0

Wonderful place to work.

Jun 16, 2022 - Senior Manager in Malden, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've found Curriculum Associates to be a wonderful place to work. I am inspired by the people I work with for their compassion, talents, and work ethic and I believe in our leadership—both in their ability to drive our success over the years to come as well as the moral compass with which major decisions are made. They are humble and honest where they've fallen short. I recently had an experience in my personal life that was disruptive of my work. My direct supervisor expressed concern only for my wellbeing and advocated on my behalf to our departmental leadership, who in turn also expressed concern and even sent me a care package. No one questioned my production or output. I felt cared for on a very human level.

Cons

We are going through a lot of change as an organization and with that comes inevitable growing pains. But I've loved working here and it is important to me that it remains a place I love to work, so I put in the work to ensure we maintain a culture that I love.

AVP of Talent & DEIB Programs

We are so grateful for your endorsement. We work hard to ensure our employees feel supported in these ways. Thanks for being here!

11. 5.0

Fantastic Mission Driven Curriculum Company

Aug 27, 2022 - Senior Professional Development Specialist in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong leadership and values. Meaningful work, and major investments into Product and Development. A company that really does make every effort to take care of us, because we set the bar high for ourselves. Making every effort to put DEIB work front and center in a very challenging political climate.

Cons

Hectic periods during Back to School especially. Lots of travel, and an inconsistent schedule. Level of services we provide is exceptional. A hard bar to meet when travel and responsibilities are so spread out.

Curriculum Associates Response

Thank you for your review. We encourage and appreciate your feedback. We do recognize that back to school season can be quite busy – be sure to touch base with your manager if/when you need extra support.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 373 Reviews
</>Embed

Curriculum Associates Reviews FAQs

Curriculum Associates has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 404 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Curriculum Associates to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Curriculum Associates employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Curriculum Associates. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

96% of Curriculum Associates employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Curriculum Associates 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Curriculum Associates to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Curriculum Associates Job Seekers