Cover image for Custom Ink

Custom Ink Chairman, President, CEO, and Co-Founder Marc Katz
Marc Katz

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Custom Ink and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great Company!

Jan 18, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, pay, and breaks

Cons

There really aren't any downsides to this job. Overall has been a great experience.

Recruiter

You just made our day! We strive to be a great place to work, and it really helps keep us going when we learn that we did something that had a positive impact. Please don’t hesitate to share more of your thoughts if you have them!

2. 5.0

Great Company!

Nov 9, 2022 - Key Account Manager (KAM)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very healthy work/life balance Competitive pay Great benefits Remote

Cons

I do not have any cons

Recruiter

We’re so glad to hear your thoughts. It’s very important to us that Inkers have a great experience when working with Custom Ink. We know that everyone is busy, and it takes effort to stop by and write a nice comment. We appreciate that you did!

3. Join the Custom Ink team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall, a great place to work

Nov 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I would recommend this company to others. The working conditions are great and they were successful in managing the pandemic and are flexible, helping balance your personal life with your work life. Managers have the ability to run their team and manage their people effectively. They have a good work environment and inclusivity, full of positivity and good communication with whole company goings-on and business plans.

Cons

Underwhelming pay bump for a promotion, and confusing pay structure (annual raises connected with reviews don't always result in a pay increase if you've recently been promoted or moved departments). The employee discount is also underwhelming and, this being a product-based industry, you're expected to reach production goals consistently. That's not necessarily a con, but might be stressful for some people.

Employer Brand Manager

We appreciate your taking the time to write this review. Strong communication is one of our favorite things about Custom Ink too! We’re so happy that you had a positive time working with us. We take each review to heart and will share your feedback with the team, so thank you for the constructive feedback as well. Please let us know if you have thoughts to share on anything else: employerbrand@customink.com.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not perfect, but pretty good all things considered.

Nov 14, 2022 - Satisfaction Assurance Associate in Fairfax, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively simple job Good health benefits Good people for the most part Work from home

Cons

Unclear and ever-changing expectations Productivity stressed over accuracy Clique-ish vibes Dissenting opinions not tolerated

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Atmosphere

Oct 11, 2022 - Fundraising Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Custom Ink was built on the principles of community and therefore places a ton of value on its customers and employees; treating all like family. Senior leadership is intentional about gathering feedback from everyone and then letting that guide its decisions. This was prevalent during and now post-pandemic as they reevaluate its work environment and processes; embracing a work from home culture and methodology. I've never been a part of a company that embraces diversity and celebrates individuality like Custom Ink. They allow for mistakes, feedback, growth, ownership, and development both personally and as a team. Great benefits, relaxed dress code, a lot of personal time off.

Cons

With the new work from home structure, there are now more opportunities for career advancement beyond your local office. However, since we are a larger company, it is difficult to know / visualize those direct career paths sometimes.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Totally awesome

Nov 16, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Tysons Corner, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people, and they care about the service they provide. Very technologically innovative as well.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are a little different than normal office hours.

Recruiter

This is wonderful to hear! Thanks for sharing!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture Until Covid Hit

Oct 11, 2022 - Lead Satisfaction Assurance Associate in Fairfax, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are incredible. The people are amazing. The CEO is awesome. The HR team was extremely supportive during different seasons of health issues that I went through.

Cons

There always seemed to be a moving target as far as expectations go. A lot of people ended up in middle level management that didn't really have the soft skills of people management. There tended to be a lot of toxic positivity with no space for employee concerns to feel validated. I had 8 managers in my 4.5 years there, so if you build repour with one manager then they leave, you have to prove yourself to someone new like every 6 months. Oh. also, the more "inclusive" Custom Ink became the more it was not okay to be moderate or conservative.

Recruiter

We are sorry to hear that you had a challenging experience working with us. We are constantly working to improve our Inker experience, and feedback like this truly helps us get better.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Nov 8, 2022 - Key Account Manager (KAM) in Charlottesville, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team is usually very supportive. It's a great place to work

Cons

Toxic positivity is a problem

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Prepare to be pushed

Oct 12, 2022 - Logistics Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great diversity and WFH options

Cons

Working under hourly with the promise of great bonuses but bonus structure makes it almost impossible to consistently receive. Very poor management. Has talkspace for free but more than half the people I knew including myself never got to use it due to "technical issues" that were never able to be resolved. Company is also actively looking to mainly source threw thrid party companies now.

Recruiter

We truly value the fact that you took the time to share your thoughts with us. We are always striving to improve and feedback like yours helps us immensely.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Can be a career or just a job

Sep 3, 2022 - Production Associate in Charlottesville, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits as of now are pretty generous which was an incentive in the first place (401k, dental, medical, vision etc.), catered food on Thursdays, first dibs on failed or returned merchandise from clothes to wireless chargers. The weekends are always off, Saturdays can be voluntary overtime, but it's rare to take place. If you want responsibility and experience in leadership-climbing roles, just ask. If you like overtime checks, they hand it out like candy. There are problems, but there are good people truly trying to make it a better working environment. The company is young (about 20 years old), I wrote a lot in the cons section, but I'm thankful for this competitively paying job, and the type of people that see this as their career.

Cons

Mandatory overtime gets old really fast, some people are for it $$ but it wrecks any attempts at a work-life balance (if you've normally been able to get things done during the week) and plays a role in the high turnover rate. I've had three different managers in almost six months, making for conflicting plans for job growth trajectories amounting to setbacks in pay-increase opportunities (since as a warehouse, they care about numbers). While it's great that management approves time off requests with little reason to say no when you have the hours, they sabotage team deployments constantly, for some people can be flexed in certain positions, while others cannot, so the burden falls on the same people to the point of frustration/exhaustion. They still use outdated electronics and software making for constant disruptions (we still have printers waiting on parts going on four months currently). The Golden Rule is in their motto, but there is weak synergy between day and night shift. If you have a series of skill sets, you will be moved around a lot, great for people who like to diversify their day, frustrating for those that one to stay in one place for the day.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 462 Reviews
</>Embed

Custom Ink Reviews FAQs

Custom Ink has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 482 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Custom Ink to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Custom Ink employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Custom Ink. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

74% of Custom Ink employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Custom Ink 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Custom Ink to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Custom Ink Job Seekers