Customer Engineering Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Jim Fox

"Recruiter (Part time)"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Customer Engineering Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a great company to work for. Management was always available when needed and very helpful. I was very proactive in attracting/sourcing great people from social media. It was an amazing experience working here.

Cons

Very old outdated recruiting systems (Zoho)

Advice to Management

Increase the salaries of the positions

Customer Engineering Services2018-12-12
  2. "Virtual worker"

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

CES has great company culture. There are Career opportunities. Managers and colleagues are supportive.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Customer Engineering Services2017-01-31

"TSR"

Former Employee - TSR in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. The technical support team is knowledgeable and always willing to help. The technical resources are bast and updated The sky is the limit if you want to aquire technical knowledge and certifications. In my brief time with CES I was able to get the sufficient knowledge to get a position with other companies. I regretted that my personal issues were sufficient enough... to be dismissed. If I had the opportunity I would work for CES anytime and anywhere.

Cons

I can't find any from my particular point of view though there was a lot of traveling and long hours, I really loved the time that I worked for CES.

Advice to Management

You guys have been in business for decades and, though some people disagree, you have succed where others had failed and CES is a successful business. Sometimes you must do what you had to succeed but who doesn't. Sometimes you must apply the rules no matter the output. Whit out rules is only chaos.

Customer Engineering Services2015-07-16

October 26, 2015HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. At CES, we take pride in providing high quality training for our employees, along with the tools and resources they need to deliver excellent service. It’s great to hear that the training and technical resources made available to you met your expectations. You are correct in that the field service position does require travel however, our call management and service delivery systems assist us in our effort to ensure operational efficiency and work-life balance for our employees. It is unfortunate that you were not able to maintain your employment with CES. We invest in our employees with a long term relationship in mind. We encourage our employees to discuss personal issues with the appropriate people to learn more about the resources available to them. Our “Ask HR” program, Financial Advice Program and Employee Assistance Program are just a few of the support tools provided to our employees at no cost.

4. "Fast paced, problem solving required, think on your feet job"

Product Technical Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services

Pros

I was responsible for all of my own projects, I was able to service machine parts in my designated area along. I also was able to lead training sessions to sales managers, which I enjoyed because I was allowed to teach others about my technical work.

Cons

Tight timelines made it hard to complete servicing deadlines as well as keep marketing and sales training on schedule. This resulted in lots of rescheduling.

Advice to Management

Bring on a team of managers not just one manager responsible for technical serving, training and marketing. It would lead to a more balanced workforce.

Customer Engineering Services2015-04-10

June 15, 2015VP Human Resources

We appreciate your comments. We are always looking for ways to improve our business and how we operate. We encourage you to share your thoughts and suggestions with your manager.

5. "I have been with the company for 8 years. There is plenty of opportunity if you are willing to learn new things."

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services

Pros

Significant growth in a short period of time. Lots of promotions to management and other opportunities.

Cons

Virtual organization. Must be independent and willing to learn new ways of communicating and getting things done.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring in new business and grow.

Customer Engineering Services2015-03-20

June 15, 2015VP Human Resources

We appreciate your comments. We have made significant progress in developing our career path and career development programs for our people. This effort has resulted in many internal promotions over the past year. We encourage all of our employees to work with their manager to build a development plan so that they are prepared and qualified to step into new roles when they become available.

"Great Company that has grown over the last 10 years."

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The growth of the company over the past 10 years has lead to the opportunity of applying for new positions within the organization. Since joining the CES in 2008 I have held the positions of Quality Service Technician, Technical Service Representative and recently promoted to Field Manager. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid holidays. A positive on the medical is the company has managed to keep... our cost flat over the past three years. Also they provide a company vehicle. Remote work environment working on a wide range of products. Continuous learning programs provided the employer.

Cons

Dealing with the shipping companies such as FedEx, UPS, etc. on getting parts or equipment to the sites on time primarily in remote locations.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on internal communications between the executive team and field staff.

Customer Engineering Services2014-08-11
  7. "Nice Company - Sometimes"

Current Employee - TSR in Washington, DC

Pros

Everything they do and ask is manageable. Anyone who says it isn't is lying. They do pay overtime. Those who can't handle this job are people who have washed out of other places and shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Cons

Money. Your not getting a raise. Probably for 2 to 4 years. Honestly that's why there are horrible reviews here. You get what you pay for.

Advice to Management

Its time to get the money flowing. Seriously. Everyone is looking for new jobs. This is not a bad job but were lucky if we keep up with inflation. It used to be a 3% at 18 month raise was the best you could hope for and now that has gone away. You have lost a lot of good people, techs and managers.

Customer Engineering Services2019-06-18
  8. "Care about employees"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They care about their employee development and concerns.

Cons

Pay could be better and also offer yearly bonuses

Customer Engineering Services2019-01-30

"Review"

Current Employee - Quality Service Technician

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are many pros to working for CES 1) Control of your scheduling, and ability to schedule in advance (for the position I hold) 2) Many associates willing to help you acclimate 3) A deep pool of knowledge available, with co-workers eager to assist you

Cons

1)If you don't like working in a retail environment, this isn't the job for you, many of the accounts / clients are big box stores, and malls, and you need to be comfortable working in public, and be the face of CES . 2) If you aren't flexible, this won't be the job for you. You need to be able to set your schedule, and then be willing to change it.

Advice to Management

I haven't had really any problems working with CES, in fact I have felt well received, and always felt as if my voice was recognized, and opinions were acknowledged.

Customer Engineering Services2017-02-19
  10. "VASR"

Current Employee - vasr in Winter Park, CO

Pros

Management is pretty decent with getting things corrected.

Cons

Needs better position offers. Decent pay

Customer Engineering Services2017-01-28