Customer Engineering Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Jim Fox

"Bench tech"

Bench Tech in Edison, NJ

I worked at Customer Engineering Services for more than a year

Pros

Gain some printer experience. That's it.

Cons

Dead end. I was a temp for over a year.

Advice to Management

Pay to keep your good employees.

Customer Engineering Services2017-11-07

Customer Engineering Services Response

November 14, 2017HR Generalist

CES was informed that its previous responses to former employee postings were lost by glassdoor and should be re-entered by CES. CES has decided to not re-enter them and to not respond to future postings. We have numerous avenues for employees to provide feedback to CES, including ...

"Technical support in a call center environment of multiple accounts"

Former Employee - Phone Support Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, casual dress, team support, good location, friendly coworkers, paid lunches on occasion, the pay is good here. Enough independence in the job to excel. Potential move into field technician (car provided). A great job to gain experience in this field and move on.

Cons

This place had some very serious issues. Bad management who is/was favoring certain employees and giving them special treatment. Some management was trying to get people fired by altering their work. Management was replaced, but some issues remain. No raises in years, benefits are ok, but could be better, you will work on holidays, eveining shifts and weekends, some employees are still favored, training is... terrible and makes starting this job stressful. Upper management is focused on the bottom line and very little on staff. Hard to have a family life and plan sometimes.

Advice to Management

Give raises, better benefits, more vacation/sick time to compensate for lacking health care benefits, better training and new call center software.

Customer Engineering Services2017-09-08

"Value Service Rep"

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time

Pros

They provide you with the tools you need for your job

Cons

Not enough training. Constantly change due to the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. The pay is not enough for what you do. It's 100% travel but a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle

Advice to Management

Be more open with your employees Pay more Don't talk about them to other employees

Customer Engineering Services2017-08-15

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time

Pros

Nothing I can think of.

Cons

Toxic environment. Benefit is terrible and it does not take effect until you work there for three months. Run away as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees.

Customer Engineering Services2017-05-05

"I see CES still sucks"

Regional Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Customer Engineering Services for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked for several good managers and it was great, then I worked for a real tyrant who manages through intimidation.

Cons

There are some managers who do not deserve to hold their positions. Very unprofessional and they are protected by HR. HR will not help you.

Advice to Management

Start job hunting because CES will not last at the rate they go through employees. CES also has a bad reputation in the service industry, they are the Yugos of the industry.

Customer Engineering Services2017-04-24

"Too much for too little"

Current Employee - TSR

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A company car that you can use as your personal vehicle

Cons

Looking over the list of equipment everyone is expected to work on with expertise I found well over 60 machines in varying fields. The sales team sells a contract without them analyzing the whole picture. A lot of training is now just videos for an hour then go work on this machine like you've been doing it all you life even though you aren't even sure where to turn it on. Lots of people setting at the office or at... home on a computer looking at what the people out there are doing.Then everyone sending emails to do this and do that and why did it take so long we told the customer you would be there yesterday. Walk a mile in my shoes. Working on a machine I've never seen before takes prep time. Then they have a stupid meeting every year where the number crunchers party and pat each other on the back. Your reward for working hard and getting the job done is more work and greater expectations but no more money.

Advice to Management

Service Excellence is a joke. Take the money you spend and distribute it to the people that make the numbers instead of the ones sucking up.

Customer Engineering Services2017-04-22

"Review"

Current Employee - Quality Service Technician

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are many pros to working for CES 1) Control of your scheduling, and ability to schedule in advance (for the position I hold) 2) Many associates willing to help you acclimate 3) A deep pool of knowledge available, with co-workers eager to assist you

Cons

1)If you don't like working in a retail environment, this isn't the job for you, many of the accounts / clients are big box stores, and malls, and you need to be comfortable working in public, and be the face of CES . 2) If you aren't flexible, this won't be the job for you. You need to be able to set your schedule, and then be willing to change it.

Advice to Management

I haven't had really any problems working with CES, in fact I have felt well received, and always felt as if my voice was recognized, and opinions were acknowledged.

Customer Engineering Services2017-02-19
  8. "Virtual worker"

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

CES has great company culture. There are Career opportunities. Managers and colleagues are supportive.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Customer Engineering Services2017-01-31
  9. "VASR"

Current Employee - vasr in Winter Park, CO

Pros

Management is pretty decent with getting things corrected.

Cons

Needs better position offers. Decent pay

Customer Engineering Services2017-01-28

"Depot"

Current Employee - Depot in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time

Pros

Thanks CES for hiring me

Cons

CES structure is awful . You will have a limit career, because mgrs rules your career.If they feel you good at 1 position you will stay there . Mgrs want you to feel you have no where to go and stride to have all control to your career . Also their merits policy for paid increase is complex and awful(16 months) and mgrs do not understand it . Getting a merit increase is almost impossible and CES approve this.Anytime... it take 16 month or more(2yr+) to get a merit increase tell you to find another job .

Advice to Management

improve merit increase to 12 month.Mgrs must pass a mgrs course approve by empoyees. Promote all employee's to excel to a better positions in CES .

Customer Engineering Services2017-02-05

Customer Engineering Services Response

February 28, 2017HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your concern regarding advancement within the depot department. It is a very specialized function. Our managers do not dictate career growth for employees, but they do help employees prepare for opportunities. Additionally, we have developmental ...

Found 79 reviews