Customer Engineering Services TSR Reviews | Glassdoor

Jim Fox

"TSR"

Former Employee - TSR in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. The technical support team is knowledgeable and always willing to help. The technical resources are bast and updated The sky is the limit if you want to aquire technical knowledge and certifications. In my brief time with CES I was able to get the sufficient knowledge to get a position with other companies. I regretted that my personal issues were sufficient enough... to be dismissed. If I had the opportunity I would work for CES anytime and anywhere.

Cons

I can't find any from my particular point of view though there was a lot of traveling and long hours, I really loved the time that I worked for CES.

Advice to Management

You guys have been in business for decades and, though some people disagree, you have succed where others had failed and CES is a successful business. Sometimes you must do what you had to succeed but who doesn't. Sometimes you must apply the rules no matter the output. Whit out rules is only chaos.

Customer Engineering Services2015-07-16

Customer Engineering Services Response

October 26, 2015HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. At CES, we take pride in providing high quality training for our employees, along with the tools and resources they need to deliver excellent service. It’s great to hear that the training and technical resources made available to you met your expectations. ...

2. "Company No raises for 3 years"

Current Employee - TSR

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent opportunity to learn new equipment nearly as much work as you would like.

Cons

No raises for 3 years

Advice to Management

Take care of employees those are the guys that make the money for the company.

Customer Engineering Services2019-08-24
  3. "Poor management"

Former Employee - TSR

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company vehicle, laptop, phone, tool kit. The company used to be a great place to work if you’re a hard worker. I was employed there for over 8 years and learned allot while there. Not much other pros to mention...sadly.

Cons

Management makes promises but they are empty. No raises allowed even if cost of living is high or you work yourself to death. Working yourself to death is literally expected. 1 of every 3 people end up contracting health problems due to high stress levels and very poor field logistics planning such as employees having to lift heavy equipment in areas without help even when help was asked for by the technician.... Management pretends to care only to get the employee to perform the work but no reward in the end. Hard working individuals are more less punished while the least hardworking carry on without any repercussions. Protocols change on a weekly basis or even daily! The most dedicated tenure employees are leaving. Management does not respect their most dedicated people or any of the employees for that matter. CES used to be a great and exciting place to work and I loved it at one point. But, management is extremely horrible and the last few years working there was excruciating. A place I once loved to work turned into my everyday hell. I’m blessed to have been able to leave.

Advice to Management

Get your attitude together and start respecting your people ( the ones you have left) and treat them like they are human beings. There is no life work balance- fix that. Encourage people. Don’t belittle them. Trust them. Respect them. Pay people what they are worth. Stop being greedy. More and more people will leave.

Customer Engineering Services2019-08-15

"Poor compensation/Bad choices of management personnel"

Former Employee - TSR in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the culture of employees providing actual WORK is very good.

Cons

Unfortunately, many in upper management are not qualified to hold their positions. Bottom line is more important than the needs of employees. Human Resources is uninterested in pursuing complaints of harassment.

Advice to Management

Review the roles of certain positions and eliminate those positions that are not productive to the current needs of customers and employees.

Customer Engineering Services2019-08-17
  5. "Nice Company - Sometimes"

Current Employee - TSR in Washington, DC

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everything they do and ask is manageable. Anyone who says it isn't is lying. They do pay overtime. Those who can't handle this job are people who have washed out of other places and shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Cons

Money. Your not getting a raise. Probably for 2 to 4 years. Honestly that's why there are horrible reviews here. You get what you pay for.

Advice to Management

Its time to get the money flowing. Seriously. Everyone is looking for new jobs. This is not a bad job but were lucky if we keep up with inflation. It used to be a 3% at 18 month raise was the best you could hope for and now that has gone away. You have lost a lot of good people, techs and managers.

Customer Engineering Services2019-06-18
  6. "Great place to start"

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time

Pros

Great place to start out but don't stay long

Cons

You will never get a raise.

Advice to Management

Please learn how to manage. People are your most important asset. Treat them better.

Customer Engineering Services2019-07-09
  7. "Executives getting paid"

Current Employee - TSR in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Other employees are nice to work with.

Cons

Thee is too much travel and they will only pay you for 40 hours even if you work over. The excuse from my manager is this the people above Hume won’t allow overtime.

Advice to Management

Pay overtime or stop making people travel far out of their area. I’m pretty sure that executives are salary, but I’m sure you get paid for travel and overtime.

Customer Engineering Services2019-05-27
  8. "Not exciting"

Former Employee - TSR in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They did have done good perks and awards at one time, but that has all gone away.

Cons

The company has lost its edge and its competitor spirit as now they are just waiting for the ship to sink.

Advice to Management

Remember roots.

Customer Engineering Services2019-04-09
  9. "TSR"

Current Employee - TSR

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Diversity of tasks keeps things interesting

Cons

Benefits leave much to be desired

Advice to Management

none

Customer Engineering Services2018-09-08

Customer Engineering Services Response

February 12, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

What could be a suggestion as to enhance these Benefits to make them more attractive?

"Too much for too little"

Current Employee - TSR

Pros

A company car that you can use as your personal vehicle

Cons

Looking over the list of equipment everyone is expected to work on with expertise I found well over 60 machines in varying fields. The sales team sells a contract without them analyzing the whole picture. A lot of training is now just videos for an hour then go work on this machine like you've been doing it all you life even though you aren't even sure where to turn it on. Lots of people setting at the office or at... home on a computer looking at what the people out there are doing.Then everyone sending emails to do this and do that and why did it take so long we told the customer you would be there yesterday. Walk a mile in my shoes. Working on a machine I've never seen before takes prep time. Then they have a stupid meeting every year where the number crunchers party and pat each other on the back. Your reward for working hard and getting the job done is more work and greater expectations but no more money.

Advice to Management

Service Excellence is a joke. Take the money you spend and distribute it to the people that make the numbers instead of the ones sucking up.

Customer Engineering Services2017-04-22