Customer Engineering Services Vasr Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 79 reviews

2.1
Customer Engineering Services CEO Jim Fox
Jim Fox
  1. "Recruiter (Part time)"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Customer Engineering Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a great company to work for. Management was always available when needed and very helpful. I was very proactive in attracting/sourcing great people from social media. It was an amazing experience working here.

Cons

Very old outdated recruiting systems (Zoho)

Advice to Management

Increase the salaries of the positions

Customer Engineering Services2018-12-12
  2. "Company No raises for 3 years"

Current Employee - TSR

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent opportunity to learn new equipment nearly as much work as you would like.

Cons

No raises for 3 years

Advice to Management

Take care of employees those are the guys that make the money for the company.

Customer Engineering Services2019-08-24
  3. "Poor management"

Former Employee - TSR

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company vehicle, laptop, phone, tool kit. The company used to be a great place to work if you’re a hard worker. I was employed there for over 8 years and learned allot while there. Not much other pros to mention...sadly.

Cons

Management makes promises but they are empty. No raises allowed even if cost of living is high or you work yourself to death. Working yourself to death is literally expected. 1 of every 3 people end up contracting health problems due to high stress levels and very poor field logistics planning such as employees having to lift heavy equipment in areas without help even when help was asked for by the technician.... Management pretends to care only to get the employee to perform the work but no reward in the end. Hard working individuals are more less punished while the least hardworking carry on without any repercussions. Protocols change on a weekly basis or even daily! The most dedicated tenure employees are leaving. Management does not respect their most dedicated people or any of the employees for that matter. CES used to be a great and exciting place to work and I loved it at one point. But, management is extremely horrible and the last few years working there was excruciating. A place I once loved to work turned into my everyday hell. I’m blessed to have been able to leave.

Advice to Management

Get your attitude together and start respecting your people ( the ones you have left) and treat them like they are human beings. There is no life work balance- fix that. Encourage people. Don’t belittle them. Trust them. Respect them. Pay people what they are worth. Stop being greedy. More and more people will leave.

Customer Engineering Services2019-08-15

"Poor compensation/Bad choices of management personnel"

Former Employee - TSR in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the culture of employees providing actual WORK is very good.

Cons

Unfortunately, many in upper management are not qualified to hold their positions. Bottom line is more important than the needs of employees. Human Resources is uninterested in pursuing complaints of harassment.

Advice to Management

Review the roles of certain positions and eliminate those positions that are not productive to the current needs of customers and employees.

Customer Engineering Services2019-08-17
  5. "Customer Engineering Services"

Former Employee - Technician in Edison, NJ

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The good thing about this company poor management they lost a major account and everyone is out of a job.

Cons

Favoritism management hired their family and friends giving high positions no real cons pay is sorry poor management.

Advice to Management

Too late they mess up!

Customer Engineering Services2019-08-16

"Worse company I’ve ever worked for. Beware"

Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Driving our own vehicles.

Cons

No support for employees. Overzealous management.

Advice to Management

Give your people time to learn new products. Stop micromanaging. Long hours for small rate of pay. Company doesn’t appreciate workers sacrifice. Leaving was the best thing for me and my family. Low pay rate and couldn’t survive off what they pay me. No pay increases in years. Always question my overtime. Wish I could give zero stars.

Customer Engineering Services2019-07-24
  7. "Nice Company - Sometimes"

Current Employee - TSR in Washington, DC

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everything they do and ask is manageable. Anyone who says it isn't is lying. They do pay overtime. Those who can't handle this job are people who have washed out of other places and shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Cons

Money. Your not getting a raise. Probably for 2 to 4 years. Honestly that's why there are horrible reviews here. You get what you pay for.

Advice to Management

Its time to get the money flowing. Seriously. Everyone is looking for new jobs. This is not a bad job but were lucky if we keep up with inflation. It used to be a 3% at 18 month raise was the best you could hope for and now that has gone away. You have lost a lot of good people, techs and managers.

Customer Engineering Services2019-06-18
  8. "Great place to start"

Current Employee - TSR

I have been working at Customer Engineering Services full-time

Pros

Great place to start out but don't stay long

Cons

You will never get a raise.

Advice to Management

Please learn how to manage. People are your most important asset. Treat them better.

Customer Engineering Services2019-07-09
  9. "Awful"

Former Employee - QST in Dallas, TX

I worked at Customer Engineering Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The freedom of the position.

Cons

Pay and the lying game!

Customer Engineering Services2019-05-21
  10. "Executives getting paid"

Current Employee - TSR in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Other employees are nice to work with.

Cons

Thee is too much travel and they will only pay you for 40 hours even if you work over. The excuse from my manager is this the people above Hume won’t allow overtime.

Advice to Management

Pay overtime or stop making people travel far out of their area. I’m pretty sure that executives are salary, but I’m sure you get paid for travel and overtime.

Customer Engineering Services2019-05-27