Customer Lobby Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ted Paff

Pros
  • Perks, parties, ping-pong, and popcorn (in 10 reviews)

• Great place to begin a sales career (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They don't offer full time, benefits, or anything else that an employee can actually use (in 3 reviews)

• There's no one to do your job if you don't (in 2 reviews)

1. "Growing company with passionate people!"

Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Offices in Berkeley, CA and Tempe, AZ - both are great places to work and made up of passionate people who care about the company's future, the customers and the people they work with. Management is very transparent and fair. Majority of managers are promoted internally. Senior leaders are very open to ideas that would improve the product and the workplace. Both offices are growing and successful. Sales teams interact a lot via google hangouts and joint trainings between the offices which is nice for everyone to get to know co-workers across state lines. Great hours, benefits, pay. Fun employee events and holiday parties.

Cons

No real cons. Benefits can get better but are still really good. The company is small and provides really nice perks given the current size.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and open to ideas from employees!

2. "Solid Company and Product Offer"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very clear job expectations. Management has experience that you can rely on. Everyone has high expectations of each other, so help easily accessible. Weekly one-on-one meetings from managers make it clear they're in it to better they're employees. Extremely little micromanaging if you're hitting your quota. Snacks make the workday a lot easier!

Cons

Work starts bright and early at 7AM :)

3. "The reviewer reviews..."

Current Employee - Call Agent in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Call Agent in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Perks, parties, ping-pong, and popcorn!! Talking to established customers. BERKELEY! Relaxed atmosphere. Casual and comfy.

Cons

Reviewers are below the totem pole and overlooked. quantity over quantity. Clique-esque at times and some managers are snobbish and outright ignore reviewers. Unappreciated at times

Advice to Management

Really take a look at talent, ability, and skill as well as effort vs that will do... Quality reviews over quantity. There's a lot of corners cut by veteran call agents and some should be a concern but are ignored or excused. Sad situation for production labor/ cost and quality control. Can't make people care about their job but you can reward those that try. Bonus maybe for being chosen on a postcard?? Bonus for something geez - reviews are important.

"Promoted within 5 months- Exciting time to be at Customer Lobby!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, very supportive senior sales team, great training for entry level sales people. I was promoted from the business development rep role to Account Executive within 5 months of hire date (I've now been with the company for almost 1 year). Currently earning quite a lot in monthly commission... and it's only getting better! Growing rapidly, opening a second office, and becoming more and more ingrained in the primary industries that we sell to!

Cons

Not much... small improvements can be made on office aesthetic and snacks, but I hear these improvements are already in the works.

Advice to Management

It would be hard to find ways that they can improve, as they are doing such a great job of nurturing, supporting, and motivating the whole sales staff!

"Great work environment and introduction to software sales"

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture here is fun, competitive, friendly, and educational. If you have no experience with startups or sales in the tech industry (like me when I started here), this is a great place to garner sales experience and learn useful skill sets. Commission is uncapped, so ample opportunity to make your paycheck bigger and bigger through hard work. Weekly 1-on-1's with management and sometimes twice-weekly trainings help to add to sales skills, product knowledge, and industry insights, which is extremely helpful and can be interesting as well. The downtown Berkeley location is great, as there is a plethora of restaurants for lunch and bars for after-work drinks with co-workers. As far as the product goes, the tech you're selling is very smart and one-of-a-kind, so you're even more motivated to get it front of the right people. Lastly, the company is currently seeing growth, so there's no time like the present to come aboard.

Cons

Not quite salary-based pay; if you have to miss work, you'll have to take the dock in pay for that time unless using accrued vacation time. Hardly a big deal...just make sure you're showing up for work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with hands-on training and insights, it's a huge help. Great job keeping the culture fun while still driving awesome results and keeping employees motivated.

"Wholesome. Thankful for the opportunity."

Former Employee - BDR in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - BDR in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The crew here is the most diverse set of folks you'll meet in the tech industry. True start up culture. The sales team is filled with Type A personalities. Sales goals are realistic. You could make a lot of money if you make things fall your way.

Cons

Product is in a very saturated market. Hard to differentiate from tools that other companies offer. People here complain of cliques but any work place with longstanding coworkers is going to feel that way. Grow up.

Advice to Management

Mike and Wayne are leading the sales team in the right direction. The benefits could improve. Keep handling any of the issues with the team with the same professionalism I witnessed.

-MP

"Why Customer Lobby was a great place for me"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Customer Lobby full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People:

Customer Lobby attracts and hires fun professionals. They're responsible and they do their jobs without losing the fun. They are friendly and I had the good fortune of establishing both good friendships outside of work and also good professional contacts.

Challenging work:

The work is challenging and provides the necessity of learning new skills and sharpening your existing skills. There are lots of different types of work so if you have an interest in a particular skill set you can often find something important to do with that skill set. It faces challenges similar to other companies of its size so things you learn here transfer well to other jobs.

Leadership Team:

This was the most valuable part for me. I learned a lot from the my VP and the CEO about how to think about operating in a business of this size. I learned a lot about myself. Working with the leadership team helped me make progress professionally and personally. They are proactive in helping their team be the best they can be.

Leadership Values:

The leadership is exceptionally honest and open about the operations of the company. Quarterly "no questions barred" all hands company meetings are a testament to leadership's willingness to communicate the vision of the company and to answer sometimes uncomfortable questions. The company has the feel of a college, in that you become an alum and are welcomed back provided you've conducted yourself professionally.

Market Space / Growth:

The market they are working in has large potential and they've improved their sales techniques leading to great success.

Cons

Customer Lobby has all the challenges you would normally associate with working at a start-up:

Conservative spending on perks and compensation.

You are responsible. There's no one to do your job if you don't. You need to have a can-do spirit. That means you have to prepared to fix it if you make a mistake.

Advice to Management

Mostly my advice is to keep doing what you are doing.

Give people more opportunity to earn autonomy.

"I would steer clear"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed dress code ping pong.

Cons

This is a very sad place to work. CEO is so full of it - as is the Head ofSales. They create a toxic work environment and literally could not care less about the people in the seats. The pay is horrible and the goals are constantly changing so that you never have a chance to make any real commission.

"Phenomenal Job"

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, incredible energy, a unique synergy that most places could only dream of having, and a very competitive comp plan.

You only want to work here if you want to make great money, develop incredible friendships, and be excited about waking up in the morning to come to work.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a Con of working here. Honestly, the only way it could really get better would be to own the place. You will love working here and growing here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You guys have developed a special environment to achieve and take our sales ability to the next level. Your coaching style has proven to be highly effective and that's why we are so on the grow right now.

"I love these people"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Customer Lobby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was at Customer Lobby for about a little over a year. I was the youngest sales rep for the company. Working my way up from a LDR all the way up to an account executive. Customer Lobby has an amazing environment, and the people alone make you want to work here. The CEO Ted is an extremely cool guy, and looks for feedback constantly from the employees. In a nutshell Customer Lobby is a start up in a sense, but the environment gives you that Bay Area "Techy" feel. I was let go from the company due to personal issues I had in my life, but would definitely recommend this a place for any hunter to want to work. Because its such a new company and you have such available access to the CEO it does give room for shining stars to be recognized and receive all necessary accolades. Definitely interested to see how far these guys go!

Cons

tedious work that can become very boring at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! I wish you all the best!