Customer Lobby Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Ted Paff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Perks, parties, ping-pong, and popcorn (in 10 reviews)

• Great place to begin a sales career (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They don't offer full time, benefits, or anything else that an employee can actually use (in 3 reviews)

• The base pay is not competitive, but the commission structure is (in 2 reviews)

"Great people and culture"

Former Employee - Vice President Marketing in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President Marketing in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Customer Lobby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice bright people, not a lot of ego or BS. Good sense of humor around the office, from the top on down. Most people work hard, but there’s generally a reasonable work/life balance. Solid product that has been proven to help SMBs, and potential to soon expand the addressable market. Top sales reps are making good money. Supportive managers that treat people well. Smooth transition when the company was acquired in July. Nice location in downtown Berkeley.

Cons

As with many fast-growing companies, they’re still searching for that magic formula to scale to the next level. New partnerships and imminent expansion of the product should help.

"The office - California version"

Pros

You should work here atleast once to experience what a "Bad" work environment is like.

Cons

It feels like a headless chicken.

The direction and orientation keep changing every few months.

The founders think they have been endowed with special powers to do whatever they want and get away with whatever they say.

Nasty jokes
    mean and rude statements
    No respect for employees

Advice to Management

Senior Management - Take a sabbatical and work at other companies to learn what it takes to become a good manager

Oh wait! Maybe that's too much to ask for

3. "10/10 culture, people, and daily work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free catered lunch every Friday
    Fully stocked kitchen
    The day off on your birthday
    Great benefits
    Solid leadership
    Fun atmosphere (music always playing, monthly happy hour/outings)
    Friendly people
    Great work load (not worked to the bone)
    Work life balance

Cons

I haven't discovered anything I don't like yet, it's truly a wonderful place!

4. "Creative, Collaborative, Competitive, Caring!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture! It's an environment where you can succeed and management wants you to do so. Sales isn't for everyone. But if you have the drive, the ambition, and like people, this is a sweet job. We are growing and expanding. Pretty solid benefits. Catered lunches on Friday. It's in Berkeley, so great food everywhere. And the people! We work hard, play hard, learn from our failures, and celebrate our victories. And great opportunity to make great money. You need to be willing to be to do the work and be coachable. Promotions are attainable. 4 months after BDR, I was promoted. One of the most fun, coolest jobs I've had.

Cons

If sales isn't for you, then this may not be the right fit. The base pay is a little low. But it's a base. The commission is where it's at!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Nov 8, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for feedback. We are always looking for ways to grow. That is why we offer uncapped commission with opportunity to advance into an AE role in an average of 6 months.

5. "Get promoted or get fired"

Current Employee - BDR
    Current Employee - BDR

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty straight forward, if you can not meet their requirements after 2-3 months, you will be placed on a performance plan and evaluated on a week by week basis. That being said, it can be a pro and a con. Marketing automation is definitely the up and coming technology in the industry and while we service mainly 3 verticals, we are expanding our product to a broader spectrum. We will be able to support all industries through a vanilla product rather than a specific 3 industry only program. If you can get a hold of a business owner and clearly/concisely explain what we do, they will be interested. It's not a hard program to sell, but it is extremely hard to get a hold of owners due to the nature of the industry.
    Very little micro management, managers are great at providing materials both in metrics and leads to help you succeed. They want you to do well. I get the notion they do not want long term BDR's that they're really looking for AE's and that's why the turn over rate is so high. Being here for over 3 months makes you a "veteran."
    While BDR compensation is not the greatest, AE's definitely have a much better compensation program.
    Great company culture, very friendly people. The basics of a SaaS company: healthcare, 401k no match, lunch on fridays, and the occasional happy hour after work. Stable hours from either 7am or 8am to 4pm or 5pm.
    Managers are very sympathetic to personal problems: Sickness, general life, etc...
    Overall a good company to wok for, but if you aren't self disciplined, I don't recommend this job for you.

Cons

High turn over rate
    Limited snacks etc...
    Hit quota or don't see commission bonus for your work all month.

Advice to Management

Base salary is low, hard to make a living off just base salary.

Nov 8, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and we will continue to foster opportunities for the Customer Lobby team.

6. "amazing company!!"

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the recruiter and management are the most down to earth, understanding, and easy to talk to people i have come across at any of the companies i have worked at. flexible schedule, always excited to go to work nice startup (environment) free snacks and drinks, company catered lunch every friday. full benefits and management actually cares about you and will work with you to make sure you are happy and successful

Cons

no negatives i love everything about this place!

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing. don't change how you interact with employees as we continue to grow bigger.

7. "Wouldn't recommend for sales reps who like making many contacts and selling"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Customer Lobby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is fair, full benefits package, snacks are provided, lunch is provided on a weekly basis, good location, the product works but is useful for a small number of businesses.

Cons

Saturated market, many competitors in their space. According to the bls and census bureau there's less than 100,000 Plumbing and HVAC companies in the US and divided among 50 reps that's less than 2,000 prospects per rep, 95% of them have been called, burned, and restarted. For a tech company, The CRM they use is terrible for sales reps who know it's a numbers game and want to get a lot of connections and the company is still using antiquated phones you must hand dial each and every number. There's little ongoing training on pitch practices. Spiffs aren't motivating.

Advice to Management

Open up new markets quicker, better training, upgrade internal systems.

Nov 8, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your comment. Our product continues to evolve, and with that comes a lot of opportunity for our team.

8. "Unhealthy Environment"

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Hours and good snacks

Cons

Micro managed, unrealistic goals only a few people make it. They really do not care about their employees. Very stressful work environment. CEO very full of himself and does not care about employees either.

Advice to Management

Keep it real

9. "Business Development Rep"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed workspace, morale boosting activities. Full benefits after 60 days

Cons

Tough sales goals, but doable.

10. "BDR"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is really involved and there if you need them.
    No micromanaging unless you're behind.
    Work hard play hard environment.

Cons

Snacks need work, internet crashes for the entire office on a consistent basis, compensation might not be enough for the amount of work you put in.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!