Cutera Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Cutera President, CEO, and Director Kevin P. Connors
Kevin P. Connors

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "R&D Engineering Manager"

I worked at Cutera full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere. People believe in products. Good work pace: not overly relaxed, but also not too stressful. Skilled co-workers. Good pay. Very promising business outlook.

Cons

Brisbane location not ideal. Not the greatest of benefits.

Advice to Management

Make sure to continue investing in R&D.

2. "Individuals Stand Out"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at Cutera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

First, being a smaller company, employees receive a lot of visibility from peers which allows hard workers to rise ranks rather quickly. Secondly, Cutera's new management helmed by James Reinstein (new CEO) has breathed new life and vision into this previously stagnant company. The combination of these two points and the future upside make it particularly difficult to ever want to leave Cutera.

Cons

- PTO and sick days are combined
    - No bonuses (apart from profit sharing)

Advice to Management

This team that is being built is very encouraging

3. "Out for themselves"

Former Employee - Manager in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Brisbane, CA

I worked at Cutera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair salary, fascinating technology, fast pace

Cons

Senior management does not work as a team ... too much politics for a small company. Old timers RULE

Advice to Management

Work together

4. "Cutera Field Service"

I worked at Cutera full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company culture - good people.

Cons

Benefits could be better but pay scale was pretty good.

5. "I've never worked for a company that provides so much training"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cutera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

THE MANAGEMENT!!!! The company trajectory. The investment they make in employee's. The team mentality. Compensation. Work ethic of everyone especially CEO, VP of sales, and regionals. Growth potential. Having a say in all things related to growing our company.

Cons

You actually have to put in effort in this job... LOL. We work very hard and we make sacrafices but in the end it's all worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

6. "One of the top companies to work for in medical device space and aesthetic industry."

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cutera full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-I have been here 5.5 years and they definitely take care of reps that are performing at a high level.
    -Senior management has turned around this company in the last 2.5 years. Very motivating and they understand that compensation is what drives sales reps.
    -For new reps, there is a clear path to success driven by management and the culture they have created here. An example is that you can be promoted in less than a year.
    - products are built well and made in America.
    - there is no drama here or people that talk negatively within the organization, it's just not tolerated

Cons

- you have to put in the effort and lots of travel is required
    - if you a planning to become a manager from the outside, good luck they promote from within
    - still a ways to go on the marketing of our products, but that is being addressed

Advice to Management

-continue doing what you are doing

"Excellent company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cutera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am not typically one to post reviews like this, but after reading these poor comments it sounds like sour grapes from ex-employees. I have been a Territory Manager in Chicago for a year and a half and could not be happier! As a sales representative coming from outside of the industry, I am extremely thankful for the continued support that everyone at Cutera has provided. I can confidently say that EVERYONE in this company is vested in one another’s growth and willing to pick up the phone, walk through deals, etc. regardless of the time and/or circumstance. I am continually impressed by the caliber of people that work here and by the positivity and dedication to achieve the company’s mission.

Cons

Nothing good comes easy. If you are not willing to put in the extra time and effort, then this is not a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!!

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Area Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Area Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Cutera full-time

Pros

I have been at Cutera now for over 4 years. Since day one I've been able to not only sell high end equipment, make a lot of money, but also have the support of a great company. My experience with the company, management team and our partners across the country has been nothing short of amazing. Highly reccomended.

Cons

This is not a job for the faint of heart. If your looking for a cush job this is not it. Long hours and hard work are required but if the time is put in the rewards out weigh the negitives ten fold. Attitude and effort is all you need. $$$$$$$

Advice to Management

Never worked with guys quite like these. Learned more over the last year than I have in my entire career. Hats off.

"surpervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Cutera full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

friendly co-workers. some managers are good.

Cons

poor salary if you been with the company for long time. they give better offer to newly hire. high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

try to retain the good employees that have been working so hard for the company.

"Tremendous Opportunity"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in New York, NY
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in New York, NY

Pros

I have been the ASM in New York CIty for the past year and a half, and I feel truly blessed to work for this company. If you are considering a career with Cutera then please contact me or anyone else that is currently in sales. We are all on Linkedin so it will not be hard to find us. I say this confidently knowing that the vibe is overwhelmingly positive from reps coast to coast. I read a few negative reviews so I felt compelled to write a more accurate review from the perspective of a current employee. Most of the negative reviews seem to be coming from former employees that were obviously not a fit for a fast paced, industry leading company that has grown exponentially over the past year.

Since I have joined Cutera I have had the opportunity to work with some of the most talented sales professionals that I have ever worked with in my career. Being around these individuals has made me better which is one of the reasons that I chose to come here. The other, of course, is money. The compensation plan is excellent. I have made more money working here than I ever have before.

What I tell most people considering this job is that it is a perfect environment for a sales rep. Everyone from the executive vp of sales, to the national sales manager, to the regional sales managers have all been successful sales reps in the field themselves at one point. With these guys providing support to the reps currently in the field, all we have to do is go out and do our jobs. That is really all you can ask for as a sales rep.

Internally the folks at corporate have been great also. My sales admin is one of the best in the business, the service team is responsive, and the marketing group provides great support for sales. And of course I have to give a nod to our CEO and CFO. They put all of this together and it has worked really well since I have been here.

Cons

This is a challenging job that will consume a lot of your time if you want to be successful at it. I think that is pretty standard with any sales job. The difference is that if you do your job here, then you are going to make a lot of money. I will take that trade off any day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The company is definitely trending in the right direction. At this pace of growth Cutera is going to be a force in the industry for decades to come.