Cuvva Reviews

Updated Mar 22, 2021

4.4
Cuvva Founder and CEO Freddy Macnamara (no image)
Freddy Macnamara
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun and ambitious place to work

Mar 3, 2021 - Head of Finance in Islington, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency - the level of information shared by Leadership is unprecedented

Cons

None - honestly everything is great

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great atmosphere and working environment

Nov 4, 2020 - Data Scientist in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rigorous approach to code development, great perks, good learning environment, friendly, thoughtful and highly skilled team, focus on values, accountability and transparency, and good opportunities to move within departments. Cuvva is a fun place to work, and has always had systems in place to make all employees feel connected with the product.

Cons

There are some scaling issues with devolving responsibilities throughout the team, the focus on a fun and easy-going lifestyle comes at the expense of getting things done quickly, and the company might find it difficult to break out of its main, limited, product offering into other verticals.

Continue reading
  3. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Feb 10, 2021 - Tema Leader in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, leadership, progression opportunities, community, ambition

Cons

Nothing in particular to note

4. 4.0

Great!

Mar 22, 2021 - HR-Ops in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and management with career progression

Cons

Not much structure so won't work for everyone

5. 5.0

Cool

Dec 22, 2020 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best minds

Cons

No cons that I could find

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A company that truly cares for all its employees

Nov 28, 2020 - Customer Operations Specialist in Islington, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

great employee benefits - month outings, breakfast, annual trips abroad, Macbook

Cons

short 30 minute breaks, very demanding job

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best thing that ever happened to insurance

Jan 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Working with some really talented people who are passionate about creating incredible products and providing the best customer service - Working for a company who is trying to make a positive change in the world. We’re pioneers in the insurance industry. - People genuinely want to be here. Everyone works really hard because they’re passionate about what we’re doing and what we stand for. - Open culture where we can ask any of the Heads anything we want, and always get fair and honest answers. They’re all really humble and friendly. They respond quickly to suggestions and take feedback on board. - Super friendly team - some of the nicest people you could meet! - Dog friendly office - Free coffee, fruit, and stocked up drinks fridge - Regular company outings doing cool things like bowling, go karting and comedy nights - Great central London location - We have a treehouse

Cons

- You won’t thrive here if you require loads of structure. You’ll need to be happy to jump in and help us get stuff done! - As a fairly new and small company, lots is changing all the time at a fast pace. If you don’t deal well with change it might not be the place for you - We’re still figuring things out so some HR/people systems aren’t in place yet. We still have work to do here but are developing in this area all the time thanks to suggestions from the team. - We’re doing really well but we aren’t there yet. Building insurance as it should be is no small task, so we need people who are going to pitch in and really pull their weight. If you aren’t passionate about helping us in our mission, you won’t be the right fit.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Absolute golden

Jun 16, 2020 - Customer Service Operations in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best place ever! Great people and the management cares about the well being of their staff.

Cons

Not a bad thing just keep being ahead of the game

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really wonderful place to work!

Dec 16, 2019 - COPS in Islington, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people: a wonderful group of driven individuals who truly care about each other and the work they do. The culture: It's a wonderful place to work, with a really nice atmosphere. The leadership seem to genuinely care about challenges the team have. The mission: It's amazing to be part of a company that's really moving in an exciting direction. I really love where I work!

Cons

While we seem to be moving in a good direction, there seems to be some inconsistency around when and who can work remotely. While the whole company can work from home on a Wednesday it would be great to have some more flexibility on other days.

Continue reading
  10. 2.0

Complete disorder and confusion

Jul 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you want partying is a really good place to be

Cons

Technical leads in their early twenties who don't know what they are doing. Some of them their first job and "managing" the whole IT team...

4 people found this review helpful

Cuvva Response

People & Talent Director

Hey, thanks for leaving a review, I am sorry that you didn't have a good experience with us as we work tirelessly to ensure we offer a great employee experience. I am a little confused by some of your statement though as our extremely experienced CTO has managed all of our engineers, and our 1 man IT support for the last 18months. We have a company goal to be a great place to work and therefore take all feedback seriously, I'd welcome a conversation with you to understand what went wrong with your Cuvva experience so we can make any necessary changes to ensure this doesn't happen again. Please feel free to reach out to me directly: Gemma.Boulton@Cuvva.com Thanks Gemma

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews