KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cuvva Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2022

Found 50 of over 52 reviews

3.8
Cuvva Founder and CEO Freddy Macnamara (no image)
Freddy Macnamara

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "compensation is fair, benefits are generous, culture us amazing.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and allowances.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Everyone is heard(in 4 reviews)
  • "Great people and the management cares about the well being of their staff.(in 4 reviews)
  • "It's so rare that you can find an amazing job at a company that's really going places with an awesome team.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great company

Jul 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for - compensation is fair, benefits are generous, culture us amazing.

Cons

Career progression opportunities might depend on a team.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 25, 2022 - Customer Service Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent culture Try out new things (4 day working week, WFH policy)

Cons

Fast-paced, which is normal for a startup

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lot of opportunities for impact

Jun 6, 2022 - Engineer in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Transparency with costs and finances - Opportunity to progress - No management blocking new tech adoption just because - Great people - Great benefits

Cons

- Some instability in the recent past due to the stage of the business and the current market situation

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best place I've every worked

May 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people, professional colleagues - Decent pay - Good benefits - Growing every day - Pacing fast - Everyone is heard - Transparency culture - Remote work or office if you like - 4-days week!

Cons

Nothing to mention, everything is good.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's gets better and better

May 26, 2022 - Software Engineer in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cuvva truly lives its values, it's very transparent and is incredibly open and friendly…The hiring process was very streamlined, the onboarding is the best by far, they have a detailed road to probation document that gets sent to you just before you join, and the level of detail put into it, they talk about milestones, expectations, and ways of working etc I know they’re setting things up within the space of learning, so career development which is all great, love the fact that we are on a 4 days a week trial and still get paid the same. Fully remote is always a plus, though they have a cool office which is always open. The product is great, they’re really changing the world of car insurance, and we’re constantly being led to disrupt the industry by trying out new things The best thing about Cuvva is the people, freedom to create and the fun culture. Everyone makes time for you, and you do feel like you matter.

Cons

Sometimes I feel the longer you’ve been here, the more say you have in how things go, so you kind of have to find your place and pay your dues on the Tech side, they’re welcoming though The office is great, but it is geared toward someone that’s extroverted, I’m happy to be in the office sometimes, but as there are so many team events, and socials, it can be daunting when you’ve been remote for so long. I know the company has tried to support everyone, so I do appreciate the remote working first policy, we only need to be in the office for 3 team events per quarter, and for me, its far better than other places asking for hybrid working I think we work too much on Slack, it’s better than emails, but we rely on it for project work sometimes, and you have to waste time scrolling through endless chats to find the thing you were looking for.

6. 5.0

Best place I've (personally) ever worked

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

My experience at Cuvva has been fantastic - truly the best place I've ever worked. I feel really cared about and supported by my manager and my team. I feel my ideas are listened too and I'm valued for what I bring to the team and my work is appreciated. I feel that it's a really safe space where I can be myself and I'm not judged for that - that's across the board, in my team and also across the wider company. I'm given a lot of freedom - freedom in terms of physically deciding where I'm going to work from - and also freedom with regards to how I approach my work. I'm paid well and the benefits are generous. Of course, it's not perfect, nowhere is - but I feel leadership and management really do care and take onboard feedback and take actions to improve things that need improving. I've never been happier at work.

Cons

The restructure at the start of the year was tough - and caused a lot of upset. I think the restructure itself was handled well, better than others I've seen at other companies - and from what I can see all those affect were offered a lot of support and the rest of the team were offered lots of opportunities to raise concerns and leadership did their best to answer. The main challenge, I think, was that it was a shock for lots of people. It's not uncommon in a start up that there can be bumps in the road - but there could have been more comms on the business position - this has improved with weekly leadership briefings since leadership have been given this feedback.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's not perfect but it presents me with so many opportunities

May 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Ever since joining, the one thing that still stands out the most is the super amazing peple at Cuvva. Everyone is welcoming, supporting and super friendly. It's one of the main reason that I enjoy working at Cuvva. + Open, safe and blame free culture where everyone's ideas and suggestions are welcome. + Interesting products on the market and I feel they still have a lot of potential to help the company grow further. + The benefits are great, company socials, competitive salary, 4-day working week trial (we love it), flexible remote working what more could one want? + "It's not perfect but it presents me with so many opportunities" - I have had a chance to work on so many areas and projects to help make things better which I hadn't my previousl roles and that why I love working here.

Cons

- It's a start-up hence there are a lot of moving things and things can change quite quickly. The change is for the good but we could be better focused. - Not too many other cons.

8. 5.0

A fab place to work

Apr 19, 2022 -  in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The culture is really warming. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. - Salaries are competitive to market and move in line with your development so you always feel appreciated for the work you've put in. - Benefits are amazing! You can help mental health check-ins with Sanctus coaches, parental leave is extremely generous, an annual budget to spend on professional Development as well as a separate budget for wellbeing and work-from-home allowance. These were a few of many that I used the most! - Weekly leadership/CEO briefings are different and a really great way to learn about how the company is doing and what other teams are up to.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that sometimes (not always) you may find yourself working outside of your contracted work hours. The nature of working for a startup means that a lot of what you're doing is setting the foundations for the future, and this can take a lot of work in a short space of time. So be prepared for the possibility of working a little later in the day.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with great culture

Mar 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture - very supportive and open. Very easy to collaborate with various teams. Very product and engineering focused - internal tools are very high quality and we have access to all the latest third party software. Great people team. Lots of socials, benefits and access to mental health support.

Cons

It is a startup. The company has to adapt and evolve. That sometimes means a lot of change.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

A fun and friendly vibe

Feb 14, 2022 - Copywriter in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is so friendly and extremely knowledgable - I'm challenged and pushed in a really constructive and manageable way - Great office where I can bring my dog - Transparent leadership team

Cons

I can't think of any

Cuvva Response

PR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share some feedback with us, it's greatly appreciated. So glad Cuvva is meeting your expectations. Thanks for all your help.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Reviews

Cuvva Reviews FAQs

Cuvva has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 52 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Cuvva to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -16% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cuvva employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cuvva. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

73% of Cuvva employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cuvva 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cuvva to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Cuvva Job Seekers