77% would recommend to a friend
(68 total reviews)
74% approve of CEO
Found 68 of over 71 reviews
Updated Nov 7, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Cuvva and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Sep 26, 2023OperationsCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Working environment is second to none, with a set of policies that truly place wellbeing and engagement at the top of the list The company has seen some great growth in recent quarters and this looks like it will only accelerate in the future All ideas are welcome and often quickly acted on - the entire team pulls together to make things happen that improve our customers and our own lives
Nothing major. It's now quite a remote set up - perhaps some more office time for teams would help with collaboration and team unity1
- 2.0Aug 16, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
4 day week, some good benefits
Where to start? Micromanagement, constant change of direction, no commitment, unrealistic goals, ridiculous C-suite behaviour, no transparency. Career development is supposed to be fairly assessed but the whole scheme is a joke. All the good people left after their mass layoffs last year (in which btw the CEO told everyone on a company call that if they won’t be called within the next hour, they will still have their jobs, but if they do receive a call, they’ll be let go, which is a joke in itself). The CEO has no idea what he’s doing and is using the company as his playground at the expense of the employees.Cuvva Response4mo
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re sorry to hear you felt this way. Scaling a business comes with lots of challenges, and like many startups we have to adapt to ensure we stay focused and continue to head in the right direction. There is no denying our team's determination and dedication is the reason we’re absolutely thriving. We’re very proud of our open salary model and transparent approach to pay and progression. We believe it is key to creating a fair environment for all employees. No process or framework is ever perfect and we’re always open to hearing feedback and discussing our approach. Please reach out to the People team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to chat.
- 5.0Sep 21, 2023FinanceCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
- Open and honest culture - team is always aware of what is going on - Good people - 4 day work week - Flexi and remote working - Team and cross-department socials - Clear direction and goals - Open salary model - Employee share scheme
- The 4 days are intense (worth it though for that extra day off) - No bonus scheme - Open salary model can be a bit rigid
- 5.0Sep 21, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great communication & open environment fosters collaboration between teams 4 day work week and other benefits really make a massive difference in work/life balance! Challenging but interesting work keeps you on your toes Really exciting plans for the future!
None so far - great place to be!
- 1.0May 30, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
- good benefits - good starting salary (although after a while you're not correctly compensated for the amount of work you're doing)
Has a horrible culture and environment. So far the company has lost almost their entire customer operations team since January after reversing their 4 day work week. Morale is basically non-existent in this department. Half of their managers were promoted too early and aren't fit to manage their team. Leadership team are snarky and spend their meetings discussing their teams personal lives, and then are nice to their faces. It also seems like the product isn't living up to it's potential. There are constant changes in product that half the workers don't understand themselves. The company was good once upon a time but has faced a rapid decline. People have been jumping ship since January of last year and it's only a matter of time before the company cannot sustain itself.2Cuvva Response6mo
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. We understand how important it is to address your concerns. We adjusted the 4-day work week to better suit our customer service team’s needs. Shorter shifts are a fantastic perk for our employees. Like many startups out there, we're all about embracing change to ensure we stay on the right track to success. With clear business goals in place, we're able to hit one milestone after another. We might be a little biassed, but we can't help but be proud of our amazing and talented team. Their dedication and hard work are the driving forces behind Cuvva's success. If you'd like to have a chat, don't hesitate to reach out to our People team (email@example.com). We'd really like to help alleviate any concerns you might have.
- 5.0May 16, 2023CommunicationsCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Ideas are listened to and considered - no idea is a bad idea - Passionate marketing team who are knowledgeable and motivating - The company is constantly growing so there are lots of opportunities to grow with it - Open salary model which is great for pay transparency - Regular performance and pay reviews - Good benefits such as flexible working, annual wellness allowances, company events/socials
- In true start-up style we are always evolving so there is often changes in direction which could be challenging for those who don't like change
Cuvva Reviews FAQs
Cuvva has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 71 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Cuvva to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
77% of Cuvva employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cuvva 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.