KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cvent

Engaged Employer

Cvent

Add a Review

Cvent Employee Reviews about "cvent"

Updated Dec 5, 2021

Found 202 of over 1,779 reviews

3.9
Cvent Founder & CEO Reggie Aggarwal
Reggie Aggarwal
1,142 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great work enviornment and culture(in 145 reviews)
  • "People are great and the experience you'll gain is great!(in 109 reviews)
  • "Good work culture and you will get so many opportunities.(in 68 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and team environment(in 49 reviews)
  • "They have great training when you first start (if you start during the summer time where they train about 60 people for 6 weeks).(in 39 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cvent and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "cvent"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company but terribly underpaid

Jun 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers Great working infrastructure Enthusiastic and engaged upper management Great entry level experience

Cons

Cvent underpays like crazy for ALL positions (since leaving my salary has basically tripled in a few years) Workload extremely high, especially considering the underpay Product isn’t particularly interesting despite being a market leader in the space Innovation needs to be higher to maintain the market share as there are a lot of competitors in the space, some that are moving much quicker Be more flexible on fully remote work for jobs that don’t functionally require being in the office

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start your career, not so much as a long term job

Dec 9, 2020 - Client Services in Tysons Corner, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at cvent for over 4 years in the client services department. I held a variety of positions on different teams during my tenure. I started my career here out of college and I made some of my very best friends. We went through the long training program together and truly bonded. Cvent does hire great people and the structure of the Onboarding is something you won’t find at a lot of companies!

Cons

Client services is often undervalued compared to other departments like sales and marketing. However, my biggest reason for leaving was the product. As someone who worked in the product day in and day out for over 4 years, I was not comfortable with the direction of new releases. Tech often releases updates without communicating with Client services. CS is left to figure out how a new feature or setting works and communicate this to frustrated clients. I just wish there was more unity between tech and CS teams. It often felt like cvent wanted to just release everything as fast as possible without proper research or evaluation. Too much change in the product in a single year is not good for customers. Their experience and use of product should come first.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Nov 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Cvent has a work-hard, play-hard mentality. If you go above and beyond, you will be rewarded and recognised. There is a ton of opportunity for internal promotions and transitions. - We have a very social culture. Many people find their close friends in their colleagues which is encouraged through quarterly outings, happy hours, team lunches, etc. The people who work at Cvent are impressive and supportive; you can quickly find your 'work family' in the London office. - As a US-based company, our C-Suite visit the London office often and make a conscious effort to have face time with employees. Even at a 5,000 person company, the CEO and VPs have an open door policy and want to hear what you have to say, regardless of your title. - Great opportunities to advance your career and professional life: Junior roles are trusted to go onsite with valued customers, build connections in the industry through events and seminars, investment in top-of-the-line systems like the LinkedIn Learning platform and Gainsight, tons of engagement with Senior Management, etc. - Work-life balance is achievable but it is up to the employee to set boundaries as we are a global company with very aggressive goals and targets.

Cons

- The hiring and interview process is intense. Expect a long day of interviews with at least 4-5 managers/team members. You will also shadow an employee to get a sense of "day in the life". - Perception that European-based employees have to be switched on during US hours. There are occasions that there will be a global meeting that runs past standard UK hours and the expectation is that UK and European-based employees attend, however, it is at the most once per quarter. As mentioned in the Pros, it's up to the employee to maintain their own work-life balance and managers will be accommodating. - As we grow larger, there are more processes and budget restraints that we wouldn't have seen 5 years ago. - Benefits are standard but nothing mind-blowing.