Found 428 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Cvent
9 months ago
Small Business Consultant
Hello everyone I’m look for referral(s) for hotel tech companies. Cloudbeds , Oracle , Sevenrooms Inc. , Hopper Inc. , Cvent, Skipper, Evolve ip llc, HotelKit, Beekeeper, Duetto, Actabl, Mews or any others. Any leads will be greatly appreciated.
Got a burning question about Cvent? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Cvent employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great culture for both HQ and remote" (in 175 reviews)
- "People are great and the experience you'll gain is great!" (in 130 reviews)
- "Good work culture and you will get so many opportunities." (in 89 reviews)
- "Good benefits and team environment" (in 60 reviews)
- "has a good work environment" (in 42 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Cvent and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "people"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0May 21, 2018Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearGurgaon, Haryana
Its an organization on a mission and has a great business outlook in coming future. Transparency is the key to success and this company follows this to the core. Employee centric and believes in driving entrepreneurship culture where people can choose to be master of their own destiny. The company know how to celebrate and take care of its employees
Nothing as such. Need to focus on Work Life balance and offer a bit of flexibility
- 3.0Dec 9, 2020Client ServicesFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsTysons Corner, VA
I worked at cvent for over 4 years in the client services department. I held a variety of positions on different teams during my tenure. I started my career here out of college and I made some of my very best friends. We went through the long training program together and truly bonded. Cvent does hire great people and the structure of the Onboarding is something you won’t find at a lot of companies!
Client services is often undervalued compared to other departments like sales and marketing. However, my biggest reason for leaving was the product. As someone who worked in the product day in and day out for over 4 years, I was not comfortable with the direction of new releases. Tech often releases updates without communicating with Client services. CS is left to figure out how a new feature or setting works and communicate this to frustrated clients. I just wish there was more unity between tech and CS teams. It often felt like cvent wanted to just release everything as fast as possible without proper research or evaluation. Too much change in the product in a single year is not good for customers. Their experience and use of product should come first.2
- 5.0Nov 4, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
- Cvent has a work-hard, play-hard mentality. If you go above and beyond, you will be rewarded and recognised. There is a ton of opportunity for internal promotions and transitions. - We have a very social culture. Many people find their close friends in their colleagues which is encouraged through quarterly outings, happy hours, team lunches, etc. The people who work at Cvent are impressive and supportive; you can quickly find your 'work family' in the London office. - As a US-based company, our C-Suite visit the London office often and make a conscious effort to have face time with employees. Even at a 5,000 person company, the CEO and VPs have an open door policy and want to hear what you have to say, regardless of your title. - Great opportunities to advance your career and professional life: Junior roles are trusted to go onsite with valued customers, build connections in the industry through events and seminars, investment in top-of-the-line systems like the LinkedIn Learning platform and Gainsight, tons of engagement with Senior Management, etc. - Work-life balance is achievable but it is up to the employee to set boundaries as we are a global company with very aggressive goals and targets.
- The hiring and interview process is intense. Expect a long day of interviews with at least 4-5 managers/team members. You will also shadow an employee to get a sense of "day in the life". - Perception that European-based employees have to be switched on during US hours. There are occasions that there will be a global meeting that runs past standard UK hours and the expectation is that UK and European-based employees attend, however, it is at the most once per quarter. As mentioned in the Pros, it's up to the employee to maintain their own work-life balance and managers will be accommodating. - As we grow larger, there are more processes and budget restraints that we wouldn't have seen 5 years ago. - Benefits are standard but nothing mind-blowing.4
- 1.0Nov 27, 2019Product ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 3 years
If you are in any other department apart from Client Services, you are good to stay. Client Services is just a downward spiral.
Client Services: The lower and senior management are people who came from a call center 6-10 years ago and never left. Got promoted in ranks through the years, not because of talent but pure need. Untrained trained management and poisonous attitude makes most of the seniors who are capable enough quite and dooms the rest of them to the eternal hellish nightmare that Client Services is. If you want to start up your career in a call center that would suck the life out of you and make you life hell when you try to quit, you are free to join Client Services department in Cvent.6
- 4.0Mar 16, 2016Product ConsultantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearGurgaon, Haryana
Its a very neutral opinion. Company surely is an exciting place to work for the people who really like working. Take ownership and this company would recognize you for your work
-Mentors could come across as a big hurdle in your learning at a very crucial juncture, as they are not very professional in training - Negative politics, but woh kaha nahin hota. Company means business...but few people can give you hard times even when you work your heart out.2
- 1.0Feb 13, 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMcLean, VA
- You can pretty much wear whatever you want to work (jeans, leggings, shorts, tennis shoes) -Very young environment. Average age is like mid-twenties -Will meet a lot of friends that you can hang with outside of work
- The hours are terrible. You must work 45 hours a week and do not get paid overtime. The standard company hours are 9:00am- 6:30pm. But expect to work at least 50- 60 hours a week. -HR is terrible and very inexperienced. They don't care about the happiness of the employees and do not listen to suggestions. There is no 401 K matching, you have to sign a two year contract and if you leave before two years you could owe up to $7500 back to the company. -A lot of the employees come into work hung over and it is a very unprofessional environment -They promote people to be managers that are very young and do not have the skills to manage a team. -Salary is VERY low compared to other companies in the area - Everyone is very unhappy about their job, but no one leaves before two years because they don't want to have to break their contract. -Overall it is a very un pleasant place to work and very few people enjoy working there.6
- 1.0Apr 25, 2013Senior Product ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearGurgaon, Haryana
I think Cvent provides a good platform for people to learn about the events & meetings industry.
There are more than several cons about working for this company. The main problem is that the management, specially the lower and middle management is highly inefficient and unorganized. The company, in spite of it's advertised exponential growth, stands on extremely weak pillars of selfish and self-centric management. The company only boasts of being a Corporate. However, the functioning is still that of a typical bureaucratic organization. In fact, most bureaucratic orgs function much more effectively than Cvent. There are countless other issues. Disparity among growth & development prospects, internal office politics, non-performance linked benefits, unethical conduct of the management, are just some of them to list.3
- 5.0Aug 10, 2023Senior Service Delivery AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsGurgaon, Haryana
The management is people oriented Coming to work is something I look forward to There's a lot of reward and recognition Growth opportunities per performance
Too stringent on existing policies and not willing to take exceptions no matter the situation.1
- 3.0Feb 10, 2022Associate Project ManagerCurrent EmployeeGurgaon, Haryana
Benefits to learn a new skill and software
Management is clueless and too many people who are not worth it are at higher positions
- 5.0Jan 24, 2022Product ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearArlington, VA
CVENT is a great company for people looking for a clear path to what success in the company means. Managers provide great feedback and there is a good sense of open communication between people
The company is growing very fast and acquiring other companies on the way , so the culture is still evolving in a way.