Cover image for Cvent

Cvent

Engaged Employer

Cvent

Add a Review

Cvent Employee Reviews about "work culture"

Updated Nov 6, 2021

3.8
Cvent Founder & CEO Reggie Aggarwal
Reggie Aggarwal
1,196 Ratings

What people are saying about Cvent

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Bad management to work with(in 94 reviews)
  • "There is no work/life balance(in 92 reviews)
  • "low pay for job expectations(in 78 reviews)
  • "1. Less salary as compared to other departments and the wierd part is you cannot discuss your salary.(in 50 reviews)
  • "Bad managers and miss the human touch robotic in nature(in 49 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cvent and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place I've ever worked!

Jul 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of people who leave negative reviews or have a negative experience at Cvent are people whose first job ever is at Cvent. They don't know how good we have it, and they think things are so much better elsewhere, and then they leave, only to realize that things are incredibly good at Cvent and then they want to come back. That's why the number of "boomerangs" or people who leave Cvent and then come back is staggering! I've worked for many companies before Cvent and I can honestly say that this is the best company I've ever worked for. The senior management team is extremely competent, have a clear and bold vision for the company, and are inspiring. They're very transparent and you always know what their strategy is, how the company is tracking against it, and what their vision for the future is. We have quarterly company-wide meetings and monthly updates from our CEO. The company itself is extremely successful in terms of quality and speed of products being produced, and in terms of sales targets and revenue. It really is very special to be a part of such a successful company. My work is extremely interesting and varied. I hardly ever have to do something that I don't find interesting. I understand that this is not the case for every department, or even every team within my department, but for me personally, I love what I do. I think part of it is that my management team allow me to pursue the things I am interested in and am passionate about. That is so rare but I have their full support to do the things that I enjoy as long as they also benefit the company. The management team is very down to earth and approachable. I feel heard and listened to. I feel like my feedback and perspective matter, even though sometimes I'm the most junior person in the room. People still take me seriously and listen to what I have to say. I really love and appreciate that. The work culture is great. They really invest in hiring smart, competent, and fun people. The vast majority of people I work with are extremely smart and honestly inspiring. Out of 4,000 people there is less than a handful that I think could be better. And as an employee I feel like the company, and senior management team, genuinely care about their people and their wellbeing. I think the benefits are pretty good. I have a great work-life balance and rarely have to work long hours. The PTO policy is very generous and so far I've never used all my PTO for the year despite taking multiple long vacations. Health insurance is very good, and HR are very supportive and accessible. I can't say enough good things about Cvent! I really love working here. The one caveat I will say is that the opportunities are there if you go for them, but if you don't, you're not going to get spoon fed anything. You have to perform, you have to prove yourself, and if you do, you will be given everything you need to succeed. But if you're lazy or don't deliver results, they're not shy about it and they will let you know. It's definitely a high-performance culture. P.S. I was really impressed and touched by the way senior management, and specifically our CEO, handled the pandemic. They had to make the very tough decision of letting 10% of the workforce go, but I understand why that decision was made at the beginning of the pandemic. It was a very scary time for the world at large, and our industry specifically, and there was a lot of uncertainty of what the future would hold. And sacrifices had to be made. Many of our competitors cut 50% or more of their staff. It's just an extremely tough industry to be in during a global pandemic when meetings and events were getting canceled. You could see the pain in our CEOs eyes when he delivered the news. And the employees that were let go received very generous severance packages including assistance in finding their next job.

Cons

As much as I love Cvent, there are 2 things that I wish would be improved: 1) PAY! We pay below industry standard, but to me personally Cvent offers me many more positive things that make me put up with a lower salary. I know most people don't feel this way though and I worry we'll start losing many talented people. 2) There are many who have been at Cvent for 10+ years (which is great and a very positive sign) but they're so enamored with Cvent that sometimes they struggle to view things objectively or from the perspective of a marketplace that's not as bought into Cvent as they are. I think they would all benefit from taking a step back, and trying to be more objective and grounded in their perception of the brand and products. Ambition is great! I'm all for it! But it has to be grounded in reality.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun Young Company, Not Great Pay

Aug 5, 2021 - Sales Support Analyst in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work culture is a fun young growing technology company, you will make friends with your coworkers, there are fun events like happy hours and the holiday party

Cons

Pay is not to market level, in some positions there is not much potential for career growth, benefits are ok but not great

3. Join the Cvent team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great first job out of college

Mar 10, 2021 - Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, work culture, job advancement, professional skill development

Cons

Benefits, work/life balance, role expectations

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Jan 28, 2021 - Technology Analyst in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture in the company

Cons

Bad recruiting process in the company

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awful

Nov 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to senior leadership and all that comes with it...

Cons

Low pay. Micromanagement. Hostile and defensive work culture. Mgmt rarely gives the benefit of the doubt. Jump to conclusions and rarely advise the employees in a constructive manner. Instead mistakes are used to belittle employees.

9 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0

Its fine

Jun 17, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun work culture, young work culture so you become friends out of work, gain a lot of soft/hard skills you can take to other places

Cons

very metric focused, your happiness really depends on your manager and how much they care.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Its a good place and team to work on.

Mar 25, 2020 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, great team, modern tech

Cons

At times difficult to maintain work culture.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Senior sales executive

May 30, 2017 - Senior Sales Associate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the work culture Really advanced training program

Cons

9.5 hour work culture gets bit too much

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Review

Sep 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefit,competitive salary,early closure on long weekends Latest technology.Some intelligent co workers. Company provides work shops for different teams like Agile workshop very helpful

Cons

work culture very bad for working moms management asks to stay in office for more than 9 hours

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0

Cvent Review

Jan 5, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work culture and coworkers

Cons

Demanding atmosphere but that produces great results

Viewing 1 - 10 of 183 Reviews