CyberArk Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Udi Mokady

1. Featured Review

"Great opportunity for career growth"

I have been working at CyberArk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve worked at CyberArk for several years and could not be happier. This company challenges me, celebrates my success, has a work environment I’m happy going to every day, and a product I’m proud to represent. Management is dedicated to developing the skills of their team. Several managers started out as members of the teams they now manage, and therefore have a great understanding of the expectations and goals of their employees. I have worked at enough other companies to know that no other company’s culture compares to the dynamic culture at CyberArk.
    Pros:
    - Industry leading product
    - Startup environment (casual office, snacks, company events) but benefits of more
            established company (publicly traded)
    - friendly and approachable upper management/HR (doors are quite literally open)
    - promote within approach

Cons

-office is located in the suburbs (not downtown)
    -communication is great within departments, but departments struggle to share information effectively with other departments

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, continue to be selective in hiring. We need more employees who exhibit CyberArk DNA.

2. "Going well so far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at CyberArk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm enjoying my time so far at CyberArk. The people are great, the products are awesome and to be a part of a company in high growth mode is exciting! I'm learning a lot and going with the flow, but I hope to be here for a long time to come!

Cons

Like at any company, there are always the few people you don't care much for or the few things you see that you don't understand why it is that way.

Advice to Management

Keep remembering that it is your employees that can make you successful and invest in them.

3. "GREAT COMPANY, GREAT TECHNOLOGY, GREAT MARKET"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at CyberArk (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. People
    2. Culture
    3. Market and Growth
    4. Attitude and Passion

Cons

If you can call it a "Con" we are experiencing tremendous growth

Advice to Management

Don't settle for the average employee- the CyberArk DNA is key to this company's success

"Well over 20 employees resigned in less than 8 months."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I worked at CyberArk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free snacks.
    Cool technology, but it is really just programs that track and spy on user behavior.

Cons

HR posts fake positive reviews to 'push down' all the negative ones.
    There is a lot of cliques here and you will eventually get stabbed in the back.
    Crappy location in Newton unless you live in that town.
    Too much favouritism. WAY too much gossip. Especially from directors.
    Treacherous nature from HR and Recruiters.
    High turnover. Marketing basically lost 10 or so people in less than a year. All resignations.

Advice to Management

Replace your senior management and all the directors. They're nothing more than high-schoolers stuck in adult bodies.

"Superior technology, toxic office environment"

I worked at CyberArk full-time

Pros

The technology that they sell is first class. Nice office space, decent pay and benefits, office provides snacks in the kitchen

Cons

Very bizarre and extremely cold company culture. People will completely ignore each other around the office. There are a few well-established cliques among the employees, and if you're lucky, you'll be accepted into one of them. If not, then you'll basically have an X on your back for the rest of your time here. During my time here, I didn't receive a single minute of training or continued education; I was simply expected to continue to improve and learn more completely on my own. The higher-ups here think that they can do no wrong, and are not receptive to new ideas/new ways of thinking. If you try to do this, you'll likely get the axe. There are strong political forces at work here, and a culture that's fueled by rumors and paranoia. The burdensome culture here began to weigh heavily on me, eventually depressing my mood both at the office and at home.

Advice to Management

When it comes to creating a new technology, you know exactly what you're doing. When it comes to leading people and managing a company, you're all completely inept. Seek major help from a consulting service on how to improve your management skills, you owe it to yourselves and to the people who you employ.

7. "Company hitting its stride"

Former Employee - Professional Services
    Former Employee - Professional Services

Pros

- CyberArk sells a product that you can believe in. It addresses a real market need and does it exceedingly well.
    - The PS organization does a great job of trying to maintain a work-life balance, in spite of the tremendous customer demand for PS resources.
    - In general, the PS group is very inclusive at all PS gatherings and I saw no cliques during my time there.
    - People who are motivated and willing to learn will have an opportunity to excel.
    - The company has grown organically, primarily upon the strength of the staff and excellent hiring decisions. It recognizes this and rewards the employees accordingly.
    - The Boston administrative staff (HR, Finance, Accounting, Payroll) is responsive, supportive and respectful of employees. For example, it is great to see birth announcements circulated through the company.

Cons

- The product set has grown quite a bit, and it is harder to become an expert on all of the company's offerings, forcing people to pick and choose what they excel at.
    - As the company has grown and staff become worldwide, it is important to provide feedback to the remote employees to validate their efforts.
    - The company is now a public company, and subject to the same pressures that all public companies find themselves under.

Advice to Management

- As the workforce expands, continue hiring the right people who will represent CyberArk positively to the customers.
    - Establish some sort of program to provide feedback to employees.

"Just Don't Do It: Thankless work and thankless management"

Pros

The benefits are good. There are free snacks in the kitchen. There is a year end bonus of $200 in the form of a gift card. They are a profitable and growing company. (if they could overcome the shortcomings listed below they would be even more profitable)

Cons

Disorganized- as was said in other reviews about this company, departments fail to communicate with one another well and it feels like the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.
    Zero appreciation- not even a simple thank you for a job well done. You can work your tail off and all that management wants is more, more and more. They are NEVER happy and they NEVER appreciate a single thing anyone does for the business.
    Extreme politics- some managers are not in positions that they deserve to be in or are qualified to be in. They got there because of tactics that are despicable!

Advice to Management

Learn to insert the words "thank you" in your vocabulary and learn to make appreciation part of the CyberArk DNA. Train your managers to be more effective with their people skills.

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at CyberArk full-time

Pros

CyberArk has great benefits and a really amazing culture. Employees are all very hardworking and passionate about what they do, which proves to create a fostering environment. It's a good place to learn and obtain some hands on experience. The company is very willing to hire/relocate (departments) from within, and there is some great opportunity for growth (whether it be lateral or hierarchical).

Cons

Currently experiencing some growing pains due to high employment demand. Departments are trying to take on too much for how little they're staffed (causes obvious tensions). Sometimes work tasks seem under-appreciated and mundane.

Advice to Management

Be a little more open-minded and allow HR to have more say in your departmental choices.

"Dynamic, Challenging Environment"

I have been working at CyberArk full-time

Pros

Passionate, intelligent workplace. The majority of people are warm and willing to help.

The environment is authentic. Perks range from free snacks to yoga events but they don't try to mimic the silicon valley model.

The technology sells itself. Best of breed in a growing industry.

Competitive pay, matching 401k and flexible work hours. Very supportive with professional development.

Cons

Typical growing pains for a company in high growth mode. The company is a major league player now. Not everyone is meant for the big stage.

Information could flow better.

Advice to Management

Our leadership team is doing a great job. Continue to listen and invest in your employees.

"Unfavorable/toxic working environment and one too many internal issues"

Current Employee - Generalist in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Generalist in Newton, MA

I have been working at CyberArk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good technology
    Sales people are treated well. Everyone else is not.

Cons

I work in the Newton office which functions like prison.

The office is in middle of nowhere at far end of Newton.

One too many cliques and a whole lot of favoritism. The CMO surrounds himself with his former buddies from RSA so you get the sense that you can't join their club unless you worked with them before.

A lot of drama, especially in Marketing. The entire web team recently quit within 30 days of each other. It really ruined the office morale. Directors in this zone are not friendly people and women who run it are nick-named 'the mean girls' so be careful if you want to work in communications or product marketing.

The pay is below the industry norm which is one of the many reasons why CyberArk is losing their best people.

The company only cares about Sales people. Everyone else is treated like dirt.

Advice to Management

Replace your current directors with better professionals. Your current staff in Wells Ave office will continue to drive out the best people.