CyberArk Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Udi Mokady

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Top Security software and great growth potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at CyberArk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CyberArk has a top tier product and you feel the success of that product through the employees that work there.
    Highly upbeat and collaborative culture, CEO sets the tone for open communication and cultural "kindness"
    It's great to represent a product that is so well regarded and very much demanded by CISOs

Cons

have to get there early for a parking space - need to consider a larger office park

Advice to Management

Share openly the successes of the people in a more visible way - create buzz around new customers wins so everyone feels involved.
    Communication around growth, team achievements, monthly not quarterly meetings for global team updates

2. "Great Company Positive Culture Strong Leadership"

I have been working at CyberArk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is a meritocracy with a strong track record of promoting from within. The culture is very positive where employees and management are willing to learn from each other and respect differences of opinions through an open discussion. Open door policy fosters communication. The company is the leader in its space with a strong competitive position in the market. It is a great company with strong leadership.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment and growing quickly.

3. "CyberArk is a gem."

I have been working at CyberArk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A refreshing company made up of smart and passionate people that want to do the right thing.
    Collaborative, positive, and constructive work environment.
    Honest and supportive management team, and company veterans are always willing to help out.
    Opportunity to work with enterprise customers in growing market.
    Thoughtful social activities organized inside and outside of the office (softball league, Cinco de Mayo lunch and trivia, summer team building outing).
    Good comp, benefits, 401(k), PTO, etc.

Cons

Broad portfolio of products which take time to learn.
    Not easily accessible via public transportation.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop new hire on-boarding process and training materials.

4. "Great culture, tech and people"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Newton, MA

I have been working at CyberArk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to work for THE industry and tech leader in the privilege account security space.
    Very collaborative environment where everyone has a voice and can make an impact.
    Incredible technology and technical expertise in the company with some of the brightest minds in cyber security.
    Strong culture that the CEO deeply believes in and drives throughout the organization where the employees matter and people are encouraged to not only work hard, but enjoy what they do.

Cons

Parking is a challenge at the current location due to the growth of the company.

5. "Pretty much what I expect"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in America, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in America, AL

I have been working at CyberArk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of these reviews are talking about a 'cliquey' environment, and I don't really get that. There's a general divide between pre-sales, post-sales, and R&D/PM that formed when the company started growing. I don't really see how that's avoidable. Everyone has their own goals, and that balances the game out. Sales wants to make money, but won't promise the sun and moon. R&D/PM want to make whatever feature they want, but feedback from prospects and customers fed through pre/post sales keeps them in line, and so on. You'll find a lot of comradery within your general department, and friends on your team. I've worked at several different positions, in very different roles, and got the same feeling in every place. I can ask a co-worker for help whenever I need it, and they'll help because they will in-turn get help from me. I can go to my manager for basically anything, and they'll set time aside to work things out.

Cons

It's a big party culture, especially pre-sales. I kind of just bare with it.

Advice to Management

Break down the walls at least a bit between pre-sales, post-sales, and R&D/PM.

"Great technology with great company culture"

Current Employee - Security Specialist in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Security Specialist in Newton, MA

I have been working at CyberArk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been working at the Newton, MA location for a few month and I highly recommend this place:
    - Amazing technology
    - Market is open wide
    - Nice and helpful people, even ones that are not from your team
    - Management have a true open door policy
    - Community volunteering opportunities

Cons

No easy way to get here with public transport

Advice to Management

Keep hiring nice people, keep the momentum going

"Great Technology, Poor Management and Direction- Run, this company is toxic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I worked at CyberArk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong technical expertise

Many of the senior executives have been with the company since inception

Well known in the Cyber Security field as being "best in breed", Think IBM of PAM

Cons

Very poor on boarding process- Expect to be on your own

As other reviews have stated- VERY "Cliquey". There are a few key personnel/queen bee's. Think Regina in Mean Girls. Its horrible for moral and gets in the way of any true progress.

Company is loosing ground in the PAM space. They don't take competitors seriously and have no direction on where to move. CyberArk is tightening its belts and is consistently looking at ways to reduce cost. Unfortunately this comes straight out of the employee's pockets. For example, as of 2016 remote employees no longer receive a stipend for home internet.

Corporate culture is toxic. Strained resources and shifting departments leave specific teams greatly understaffed. In the first year of employment, I had a brand new set of teams in every single department.

Unrealistic expectations and goals with poor interdepartmental communication. Everyone is so swamped with work because of the gross understaffing its difficult to collaborate on large tasks.

The worst part of this company is the lack of personal connections between senior management. Unless your a tenured and 5 year+ employee, expect to be just a number. CyberArk has no problem at severing ties with little to no concern with the employee.

Advice to Management

None- You should have learned your lesson from IBM and the likes. You are never to big to fail. Take your competitors seriously and treat your staff like a person. Just because they don't speak hebrew doesn't mean they are not a valuable team member.

"Going well so far!"

I have been working at CyberArk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm enjoying my time so far at CyberArk. The people are great, the products are awesome and to be a part of a company in high growth mode is exciting! I'm learning a lot and going with the flow, but I hope to be here for a long time to come!

Cons

Like at any company, there are always the few people you don't care much for or the few things you see that you don't understand why it is that way.

Advice to Management

Keep remembering that it is your employees that can make you successful and invest in them.

"Don't Even Consider Working Here"

Former Employee - Sales in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Newton, MA

I worked at CyberArk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary
    Industry-leading product in a hot industry
    Free snacks

Cons

Even if you consider yourself a happy person, CyberArk can make you anxious and miserable.
    Zero on-boarding and training
    Upper management and tenured employees form cliques and act like high school bullies and it's obvious around the office
    Creativity not encouraged - business development and sales organizations are held to follow strict talk tracks for emails and voicemails
    Decisions are driven by favoritism
    No team atmosphere - no collaboration or team morale
    Overall infectious negativity

Advice to Management

Fix the culture. CyberArk's product is great and has experienced a lot of growth, but product success should not come at the expense of employee morale.

"GREAT COMPANY, GREAT TECHNOLOGY, GREAT MARKET"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at CyberArk (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. People
    2. Culture
    3. Market and Growth
    4. Attitude and Passion

Cons

If you can call it a "Con" we are experiencing tremendous growth

Advice to Management

Don't settle for the average employee- the CyberArk DNA is key to this company's success