CyberCoders Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Peter T. Dameris

Pros
  • When it comes to an environment of very clear goals, being shown how to make a lot of money this is it (in 14 reviews)

• Lots of opportunity to make a lot of money (in 12 reviews)

Cons

"A real opportunity to do extremely well if you put the work in"

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Cybercoders for nearly 2 years now and am extremely grateful that I jumped on board. The primary thing that drew me in initially was the flexible work schedule, the "no micro management" culture and obviously financial opportunity. My first year I did okay, but if I'm honest, it was my own fault for not working as hard as I could have. Towards the end of the year I began to work with some solid clients and saw the potential of what it looks like when you have clients actually wanting to hire and not tire kickers. That and seeing colleagues do extremely well who were putting the work in motivated me to put more effort and time in to build a consistent client base. needless to say, it's paid off, and I'm very stoked :)

I've since referred several people to the company and they have done well on their own desk as well. What makes the company so great is that they invest so much in each recruiter. The Cyrus platform is second to none, and anyone coming from another recruiting company knows just how amazing it is to have all the marketing elements automated. It allows you to focus on your own desk that much more.

The culture, location and overall opportunity is amazing, and I mostly writing this to say thanks. I plan on growing with the company long into the future :)

Cons

the snacks are swiped almost immediately upon being replenished lol

Advice to Management

you guys are doing great and have a tough job, so I only have love for you! keep it up

2. "A good company to work for with good culture"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good team culture
    They invest a lot of time into training
    Free all you can eat snacks

Cons

You are a number to management

"Boston Office Culture and Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working here for almost two years here are my thoughts:
    - CyberCoders gives you all the tools necessary to become a successful recruiter.
    - My manager, like any good manager, will assist in closing any deal. And she's really good at closing deals.
    - Great combination of Millennials and Gen Xers.
    - Brand new office space with ALL the perks including a gym in the building, a game room, a kitchen that is (usually) well stocked and free Starbucks.
    -You're basically running your own business, and CyberCoders provides you with the best systems/infrastructure available.

Cons

It's Boston, so if you don't live in the city the commute can be tough.

Advice to Management

More diversity.

"Tremendous Growth Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) CyberCoders is a very entrepreneurial environment with tremendous resources and opportunity for compensation and growth. Coming from a corporate sales background at a well known Fortune 500 company, you definitely will not find the territory constraints you often find at other congested sales environments. Ultimately that means a great commission structure and the ability work on a large number of opportunities at once ($$).
    2) Though backed by a larger public company, CyberCoders is still relatively small, which means hard work really does make a difference and you're not "just a number" here.
    3) We have some INCREDIBLE technology and tools, definitely a huge cut above the rest.
    4) I LOVE MY TEAM!!

Cons

-Not for everyone. Running a full-desk (Both client acquisition and finding the right candidates) is a lot like running your own business. And, if you want CEO money, which definitely is a possibility here, than you need CEO effort. Not for someone who wants to sit back and collect a paycheck.
    -We work off a draw, not a base salary, but the flip side is we have very solid commission rates.

Advice to Management

People don't leave jobs, they leave managers. From a manager's perspective, what separates the good from the great are the intangibles, but I believe the same goes from the employee's perspective. Being valued matters! Glad I've found that here at CyberCoders so far! :)

6. "Got to be committed"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commission
    Make your own hours
    Fun and open work place

Cons

You have to put in a lot of hours to be successful, you're basically running your own business
    Sink or swim, either you have what it take or you'll be gone very fast

"Boston location needs leadership"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a pretty good compensation for good recruiters who already have experience and training.

Cons

It's a very non-supportive culture in Boston. The worst part of the job was having to tell "Management" about what I was doing. They would either ignore my questions completey, give some obvious answer to try to get rid of me, or get mad and micromanage the account. The micromanaging never got me a placement or helped the relationship

Advice to Management

Pay some talented people from California to turn around Boston and keep the managers there honest. They're terrible.

8. "Great workplace!"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and innovative work tools

Cons

Nothing bad I have to say about working here

Advice to Management

Frequent desk audits

"Just a mass-marketing company"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They'll teach you how to handle dozens of accounts at a time. You'll learn email marketing, gorilla marketing tactics, and how to BS everyone you talk to...

Cons

Cut throat, you're own co-workers will steal clients/candidates from you. They grind the heck out of you and there's zero work/life balance.

"Second to none"

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CyberCoders is known for two things - their proprietary technology that helps recruiters speed up the recruiting lifecycle and their winning culture.

Being with the company for a year and a half now, they don't disappoint in either area. I've seen brand new recruiters really take off and do well for themselves. On the flip side, veteran recruiters join the company and continue to hone their skills, giving their careers a breath of fresh air.

They take care of their people by providing the resources (e.g. training, ongoing training, reinvesting in its own technology) you need to succeed.

Cons

If I really had to choose, it would be that CyberCoders has had a reputation for "spamming" candidates and hiring managers in the past. Not a big hurdle but still a perception that we have to battle at times.

The company has taken measures to limit the frequency of communication to its audience so that it isn't overbearing.

"An honest opinion about CyberCoders and the recruiting agency business"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at CyberCoders for roughly 3 years, and prior to joining the organization spent 4.5 years at another staffing firm that focused on contract and contract-to-hire positions. Were my first two years at either firm easy? Heck no!! If the agency business were easy than everyone would be in it! I’ll be the first one to tell you that the agency side of the staffing industry is not for everyone. But, if you do want to be an agency Recruiter than CyberCoders is the only place to be.

Ask anyone who has been in the staffing business for more than a couple of years and they will tell you that this industry is really tough, especially when you’re first getting started in the business. Nothing is handed to you on a silver platter, and you really have to work to improve and perfect your craft in order to become a great sales person / recruiter. Any college graduate or recent addition to the staffing world should understand that your first few years in sales are going to be a grind regardless of industry. Some make it and some don’t. That’s how every sales force across America works. If you're looking for a sales position on the agency side of staffing services than I guarantee you that CyberCoders is the best place to work based on company culture, compensation, and opportunity to move into management.

Pro’s
    - Opportunity to earn a lot of money if you put in the time and effort to grow your client base. Within 1 to 4 years of working here, successful recruiters can earn anywhere from $75,000 to $400,000 as an individual contributor.

- No micromanagement. You're given a clear roadmap on what it takes to be successful and grow a book of business, then it's up to you to make it happen.

- Great tools available to be successful including: 30+ postings on all the major job boards, great database (best in the business), LinkedIn Recruiter Account

- Excellent benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, plus others all of which are paid by CyberCoders for the employee)

-Unlimited vacation

-Fun company events including luncheons, summer party, holiday party, and the opportunity to qualify for an all-expenses paid international trip for you and a significant other

-Casual dress every day

Cons

- Everyone is on a draw (base salary) starting out which scares off some potential hires. Once you get up and running though your draw really doesn’t come into play. Draws are not uncommon for sales organizations in the staffing, finance, and insurance industries. The plus of having a draw instead of a purely base salary is that our commissions are higher than the majority of recruiting agencies.

-Sales isn’t easy! You’ll be called upon to have difficult conversations with candidates/clients, deal with variables outside of your control, and will probably struggle a bit as you grow your book of business. That’s part of sales.

Advice to Management

Continue the quality initiatives that have been successful over the last few years.