CyberCoders Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

4.0
CyberCoders CEO Ted Hanson (no image)
Ted Hanson
Pros
  • "Free snacks/coke/coffee and breakfast (on Monday's)(in 27 reviews)

• "The company culture and the people I work with make this job amazing(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No work life balance, they just promote anyone to manager even those with zero capability to lead(in 11 reviews)

• "100% commission so it's a sink or swim environment(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Collaborative Environment

May 12, 2021 - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership cares about you and your success

Cons

They have minimum weekly performance requirements that they measure. Sometimes that's pulls you away from focusing on working what's closest to the money because you need to make sure you hit their metrics.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Recruitment Company!

May 1, 2021 - Recruiter in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard and you’ll get the experience needed to survive recruitment

Cons

It is currently remote and no onsite options

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Like running your own recruiting business with all the resources ready to go

Apr 19, 2021 - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-can specialize in any market -amazing internal systems & automation capability

Cons

-very little collaboration and low willingness to help others, pretty silo'd -too much focus on quantity vs. quality

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible opportunity to change your life

Feb 13, 2020 - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very transparent, supportive, inspiring, encouraging, helpful, and fun environment. Culture is HUGE for CyberCoders and they love to have fun. Amazing CEO! Shane makes an effort to get to know everyone and be amongst us. Killer leadership and super nice coworkers. The company truly cares about their employees. They treat us really well. From free surprise lunches to happy hours, lavish parties, incredible quarterly luncheons, qualifying trips, and more, they always make it known that they acknowledge and appreciate our grind. There are a LOT of opportunities to grow. There is a clear, achievable path and it's up to you to take it and run. You can make some serious money here but you have to put in the work. Small gym onsite shared w/ other offices but barely occupied. Great and cheap health benefits. 401k matching dependent on company performance each year. Last year was a 50% match. Generous commission structure, especially the higher you climb plus hourly. I've had my ups and major downs but I stuck it out and worked harder and now I absolutely love it.

Cons

Recruiting, in general, is hard. Full desk recruiting is even harder. Doing business development and picking up clients is tedious and frustrating but it's part of the process. Your desk will suffer if you don't pick up the clients. Also, most managers require you to be in at 7:30 so if you're not an early bird, it'll be hard for you.

38 people found this review helpful

CyberCoders Response

Thanks for leaving such great feedback! We always love hearing that our recruiters are happy at CyberCoders and we know the information you provided will be helpful to anyone looking to join our organization.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

We're better and stronger than ever! We're listening to what our people need and we are implementing them!

Oct 16, 2020 - Recruiting Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constantly revamping ways to improve the user experience at CyberCoders. Sr. Leadership appreciates difficult conversations about what isn't working for recruiters. They makes changes according to our requests and complaints so the outcome is a more intuitive and effective experience for the recruiters. It's very clear from the CEO down that if you are just looking to make money and don't care about the long-haul for you or the organization, this isn't the place for you. This is a long-term opportunity where growth and financial goals are taken very seriously from individuals and teams. If you are looking for a well-rounded experience where there's tons of personal and professional growth, plus the opportunity to make a healthy 6 figures... this is the place for you.

Cons

The team may not move as quickly on corporate changes to ALL REQUESTS/UPDATES on software updates or on new rules/regulations since we have to go through some red tape. However, the intention and the fight behind each change is true and fierce. Trust the Management Staff will fight for what's right.

3 people found this review helpful

CyberCoders Response

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback for our organization! We have been taking huge strides towards revamping each individual's CyberCoders experience and providing everyone with an opportunity for growth.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

It’s ok

Apr 17, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good resources, good client base

Cons

You’ll feel old if you’re a Millennial. Too much gossip

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to get your start in the field.

May 3, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training program! Awesome earning potential with the right manager.

Cons

It's a sink or swim environment.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love this company!

Jun 7, 2019 - Senior Recruiter in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company culture, great perks, awesome comp package and benefits, uncapped commissions, quarterly bonuses, fun parties, free food, excellent training program, unlimited PTO... the list is endless

Cons

This job is not easy, you definitely have to be willing to put in the hours and hustle to build your client and candidate network. But once you do, the money starts rolling in! Great first job for those coming out of college looking to make good money to pay off those student loans FAST!

91 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Shark Tank with no company culture

Jan 20, 2021 - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get a pay check until they fire you

Cons

-They don't give you enough run way to build a book of business - Very poor work-life balance (it's nearly impossible to hit their desired metrics unless you put in 10+ hours a day) - If you want to take a day off, you better be exceeding all of your goals, and then you may get one day off approved - All Time off is unpaid - Management is extremely unprofessional - Trainers/managers are way too aggressive. Conform to their ways or you will get on their bad side quickly - Outside-the-box thinking is not tolerated. You will do it the manager's way or you'll be in trouble - You will spend 2 full weeks in training, and then when you start, your manager will tell you to do things a completely different way - When I started, I added everyone at the company in my local office on LinkedIn. After 6 months, I noticed over 20 people had already left/got let go. - You must treat this like a contract role, with a backup plan if you have bills to pay.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great candidate database + robust ATS

Apr 14, 2021 - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-huge candidate database -tons of ATS features to help automate your recruitment process and stay organized -fun company events before Covid -guaranteed base salary -fun coworkers/people

Cons

-commission structure could be better -“unlimited unpaid PTO” lol -admins and certain members of upper management play favorites

Viewing 1 - 10 of 354 Reviews