CyberCoders Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Peter T. Dameris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Uncapped commission with lots of opportunity to make a lot of money" (in 15 reviews)

• "Very fun company to work for and have the opportunity to make a lot of money" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "You'll hear a lot of "No" from prospective clients and candidates but it's a sales job" (in 9 reviews)

• "It is sink or swim, recruiters who have been here awhile have a huge advantage" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent company culture!"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, with a supportive team, and knowledgeable leadership! The company always does engaging activities to keep the culture fun!

Cons

Recruiting is dependable on the candidates and clients, so it can be stressful and is not always for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep maintaining the culture, it's a great feeling to enjoy coming to work everyday!

2. "Executive Recruiter"

Pros

Best job I've ever had

Cons

None. None. None. None and none

"Bulk spamming operation- literally has the worst reputation in the tech industry, Google or ask around"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Um- if your dream is to spam thousands and thousands of people every week, you've come to the right place. You can send 1000 automated BD e-mails every day through their 'Client Machine', plus hundreds every day to candidates through poor keyword matching (that doesn't really work properly).

They used to have a lot of fun parties, though they've cut that back quite a bit.

Cons

I would just like to point out that there are *8* glowing reviews written here November 27th-29th. Imagine that- 8 separate CyberCoders recruiters just happened to write positive reviews over those two days! Definitely not fake reviews or anything (Glassdoor reviews are monitored and heavily discussed by CC management).

Has, hands-down, the worst reputation in the tech industry. CyberCoders has been spamming companies & clients for close to 20 years now (you could send 50-60,000 BD e-mails every week when I first started). Countless employers have CC blacklisted and their e-mails go directly to spam. Don't take my word for it- Google 'CyberCoders spam'. Ask any software developers you may know. The. Worst. Reputation.

Industry gossip- LinkedIn changed its rules around sending bulk InMails *specifically because of CyberCoders*. There are millions of recruiting agencies out there! Imagine just one of them being so spammy LinkedIn had to change its rules for the *entire industry*.

They also send bulk automated candidate spam messages, supposedly based on keyword matching. In reality it frequently doesn't work, so you end up harassing candidates who *don't even match the keywords you entered*.

They insist on building all of their technology in-house, including their proprietary 'Cyrus' system. It's. Awful. It simply doesn't work properly and frequently crashes. Increasingly the main point of Cyrus is to monitor every single keystroke of the recruiter, not to help them recruit.

They roll out Cyrus 'updates' on a weekly basis. The updates frequently don't work, cause the system to crash, or cause some key function to stop working for a day or two. Essentially you, the recruiter, are their QA team. Management seems unaware this is how mission-critical software is supposed to be developed.

Partially because they're owned by On Assignment, a huge publicly traded company, the bureaucracy is *rough*. There are tiny bureaucratic rules for *everything*.

Rules & key software tools change on a weekly basis. Don't get used to any particular way of working, because it will change next week.

There is no future here- they're trying to move in to new industries (construction, pharmaceuticals), but you can only bulk spam every company in America for so long. It will only take a year or two for them to wear out their welcome in the non-tech industry too.

Advice to Management

Cut your entire software development and product team, scrap Cyrus, and buy an off-the-shelf ATS written by real software developers- full stop. Cyrus is awful.

""Executive" Recruiter"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If your regular job hunt is taking a bit longer than expected, you can get a job here in a week.

They will pay you a "draw" and give you ~3 Months to get new clients and start a desk. Use those 3 months of free pay and go through the motions while you "prospect" or job hunt for the job you actually want.

Cons

Most managers are clueless. You are filling your managers pipeline in the hope you quit or fail. Their "training" is the same 2-3 week loop of managers reading from power point slides.

If you want to "succeed" or "make it" they expect you to work 12-15 hours a days and sometimes weekends.

"Looks like a team environment, but it's not"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- LinkedIn Recruiter Account / InMails
    - Large Resume Database
    - Fun Parties

Cons

- Managers that are super greedy. Will take your clients and try to "split" deals with you when you do all the work.
    - Very hard to start out because so many potential clients are already taken within the company or blocked due to CC spam
    - Company doesn't promote quality at all. They claim it's running your own desk, but will be breathing down your neck if you don't hit KPI's
    - No base salary, feels like your in debt to the company if you don't do a deal for 1-2 months.
    - TO ALL THE YOUNG PEOPLE: I wouldn't recommend this as a job out of college or a start to your career. Use that degree for a job that actually cares enough to give you a base.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting off billing alone. My manager had no idea what he was doing and constantly was asking other managers for advice. This resulted in our whole team not having a solid game plan. 4 People I got hired on with ended up leaving due to management

"Where change is not good"

I worked at CyberCoders full-time

Pros

Your earnings are unlimited dependent on how hard you work

Cons

The original owner was fabulous but now it is run by so many levels of management that by the time your commission gets to you and each manager has taken their piece of the pie, it's not worth eating!!

Advice to Management

Try managing from the top

7. "Big earning potential"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High commission, friendly people, fun environment

Cons

Stressful, commission-based job. If you want stability and don't want to hustle, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Less red tape

"Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for CyberCoders for a little less than a year, and I cannot imagine being anywhere else. I LOVE the culture (feels like family), the uncapped commission is awesome, my manager is amazing to say the least, and I cannot thank CC enough for all the resources and training you have provided me. I could not ask for a better experience. Side note: my team is so great that it does not even feel like working! (also, got to love the free snacks/coffee as well as the legendary company luncheons)

Cons

Nothing comes to mind :)

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! I am beyond grateful for all of the support and training I have received here, so thank you for believing in me.

"Behold the Cult Lies of House of CC!"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You might discover a new, better job for yourself while "BD'ing" for clients. Seriously, that is the only positive - take this job as a paid stopgap while you apply for better jobs elsewhere.

Cons

Potential income is way overstated. Do you have any friends who have been suckered into an MLM (aka pyramid) scheme? CyberCoders is basically a transcendence beyond something like It Works! or Amway. There are a few people at the top making money and the majority make enough to cover their draw for 1-2 months beyond their draw cap.

Here is why: This company over-hires and keeps the pipeline filled with the next round of suckers who essentially mine for clients through email and LinkedIn while their draw slowly ticks away. Once the draw runs out, you're basically let go and any "clients" you had get repurposed to the "team." Top-tier clients are taken by the Manager, who gets fatter on the CC Hog.

The best part? The part no one tells you? The "clients" and openings they have posted aren't always genuine. There are literally no rules surrounding less than truthful job postings. Why? Well, what is the price of data these days? Companys pay $millions for customer data. CyberCoders is a data farm that makes a little side cash off recruiting. Every application holds potential saleable data.

Advice to Management

HA! Management... Most of the "managers" are just recruiters who have sucked it up long enough to see all the top rungs of the company leave. The C's in "House of CC" are reminiscent of the grades most of the managers got in High School.

10. "executive recruiter"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

chance to make alot of cash

Cons

it's a crazy grind, but it's par for the course

Advice to Management

figure out what you want to do