Cyberonics Reviews | Glassdoor

Dan Moore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Benefits"

I worked at Cyberonics full-time

Pros

Very nice package of benefits

Cons

It's not a hub of medical device industry companies

2. "OK company, division and market you're in matters"

I worked at Cyberonics full-time

Pros

small enough to be heard if you present yourself in a way management respects. East Coast vs West Coast mentality can sometimes be an issue for work/life balance and goal setting (very populated areas vs less populated areas and much more windshield time)

Cons

Seems like most of upper management all came from Forest Pharm. It's a little weird.

Advice to Management

Goal setting is an ongoing deal, in concert with reps. Gaining or losing 1 phsysician in a less populated area can make or break that quarter and the next several. I transitioned several seasoned physicians, trained at Med schools, out to other areas of the country which benefited the reps who 'caught' them but never benefited my numbers yet I spent time grooming them. It's a team effort, some way to encourage/recognize that effort would be great way to encourage communication across territories and not lose a physician ready to really spread their wings after finishing training.

"Horrible what management has done to this once good company!"

Former Employee - Acct Executive
    Former Employee - Acct Executive

I worked at Cyberonics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Product management were solid. Products are some of the best found in the cv or's. The equipment has always been regarded as the best.

Cons

Pathetic sales management. They have ruined a once great company and now manage by intimidation. Upper management have lost customer trust and trust of field sales. Arrogance now rules.

Advice to Management

Fire the upper level CP management and get folks in that actually have a realistic approach to working with people.

"Prima Donna attitudes in the field"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The Houston office is full of helpful, friendly people with above par administrative skills. They were always cordial and would go an extra mile to help you if necessary. The pay is good and the work-life flexibility balance aspect is exemplary.

Cons

Working in the field with 2 of 3 mid-managers with prima donna attitudes creates an environment of non-communication, miscommunication and distrust. Chastised for actually doing my job per spec by those 2 managers who should've but never reached out to me first and one of them would either have me wait longer than necessary to coordinate our efforts or not respond at all. This was typical as we all worked on a project with a deadline as exaggerated self-importance overruled common sense with a condescending arrogance.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to stress "working together" and timely responses to inquires during seasonal projects. Hard working contractors with a project completion deadline deserve to be treated with more respect and consideration in the field by middle management prima donnas.

"Ugh"

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Cyberonics (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Houston employees are nice...

Cons

Too many to list. Look to neighboring cities in Texas if you want to be part of a top notch pharma or device company.

Advice to Management

Good luck!

"Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Traveling Field Upgrade Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Traveling Field Upgrade Technician in Houston, TX

Pros

I think the best reason to work here is because they truly want to help people. The research they do is amazing. Took us through where they build everyone and it's just amazing the technological things they do.

Cons

Sometimes I felt like things weren't as organized as they could have been. Not knowing who had what or when I'd get into an office was difficult.

Advice to Management

Management was great and treated me very well. I didn't have a bad experience with this company.

7. "Sould have listened to past employees"

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cyberonics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

VNS therapy really works its a shame that its with a company that over charges for a product that helps people

Cons

Bad management in manufacturing and operations. Most of time will be spent doing useless paperwork that adds no value to the product or company but management dosnt know any better.

Advice to Management

Allow your people to fix things.

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

Pros

You feel like you are making a difference in people's life, it gives your work a meaning. I also like that everybody is so friendly, I've even spoken with the CEO before. Very friendly man.

Cons

It's located out in Clear Lake....

9. "R&D Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer III in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer III in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cyberonics full-time

Pros

Health initiatives, Fair salary and compensation, small company, good options to eat out for lunch (nice company location)

Cons

Upper management seldom ready for change, not enough training dollars budgeted, less options for self improvement

Advice to Management

More training for engineers

10. "Disfunctional Workplace"

Former Employee - Clinical Data Manager in Clear Lake City, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Data Manager in Clear Lake City, TX

I worked at Cyberonics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Gym, Trainer, Fun Activities, Decent Insurance

Cons

Management, Fear of Retaliation, "Favoritism", Dishonesty, low pay and Fear overall of getting fired as HR does not investigate accusations thoroughly.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees. Be honest and conduct business honestly. Investigate claims made by others instead of going on someones 'word".