Cyberonics Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 7, 2017

Cyberonics President and CEO Dan Moore
Dan Moore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior Therapeutic Consultant"

I worked at Cyberonics full-time

Pros

Autonomy I Valuable product & technology in patient space.

Cons

Nothing to share regarding cons.

2. "Benefits"

I worked at Cyberonics full-time

Pros

Very nice package of benefits

Cons

It's not a hub of medical device industry companies

"Prima Donna attitudes in the field"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The Houston office is full of helpful, friendly people with above par administrative skills. They were always cordial and would go an extra mile to help you if necessary. The pay is good and the work-life flexibility balance aspect is exemplary.

Cons

Working in the field with 2 of 3 mid-managers with prima donna attitudes creates an environment of non-communication, miscommunication and distrust. Chastised for actually doing my job per spec by those 2 managers who should've but never reached out to me first and one of them would either have me wait longer than necessary to coordinate our efforts or not respond at all. This was typical as we all worked on a project with a deadline as exaggerated self-importance overruled common sense with a condescending arrogance.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to stress "working together" and timely responses to inquires during seasonal projects. Hard working contractors with a project completion deadline deserve to be treated with more respect and consideration in the field by middle management prima donnas.

4. "development engineer"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Katy, TX
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Katy, TX

I worked at Cyberonics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

small groups, opportunities to be versatile in work scope.

Cons

changes can get bogged down in approval processes.

5. "Awesome!!"

Pros

The company creates events so that coworkers from each department can bond with each other when you don't see them on a day to day basis

Cons

Salary needs to step up with our economy crisis

Advice to Management

Stop treating manufacturing employees like they have no sense.

6. "Full time is the way to go"

Former Employee - Temp in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Temp in Houston, TX

I worked at Cyberonics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good culture and fulltime employees get NICE bonuses when goals are met.

Cons

Temps are hired directly by Cyberonics and are paid as houly fulltime employees. Temps do not get any benifits, no paid holidays or vacation nor do they share in bonuses.

Advice to Management

Temps who work full time should be included in the bonuses. Their effort counts too!

"Clinical Engineer at CTS"

Former Employee - Clinical Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Cyberonics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good benefits with a lot PTOs, pride working with technology that help patients with epilepsy and depression

Cons

CTS (Clinical Technical Services) group has very high turn over rate. People come and go within the group (call center and complaint investigators) due to bad management and poor career advancement. If you just graduate from college and desperate for a job to make some money, then feel free to give it a shot., otherwise please carefully consider before joining Cyberonics's CTS, in particular BME major out there. CTS is what I call the road to nowhere. Wanted to know more? leave a comment

Advice to Management

Provide more professional development and move people around where they wanted to end up with after years of service to the company

"Great company, rough position."

Current Employee - Clinical Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cyberonics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company cares about most employees and their wellness. Amazing benefits and great executive staff that know what they are doing and can actually remember your name.

Cons

The position I work in is CTS. The department is under appreciated and general chaos. For such a crucial department to the company, one would think more attention would be payed to the lower management however, this is not the case. Instead there is no confidence in the direct management, it is common for them to "throw you under the bus", and the turnover is so high because of how hard it is to develop out of the department. It's nothing but negative.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to CTS and entry-level employees.

"Short Term Job with Good Compensation"

Current Employee - Therapeutic Consultant
    Current Employee - Therapeutic Consultant

Pros

Money, good salaries(average 75K-80K) and bonus is quarterly ranging from about 20-25K per quarter.

Cons

Layoffs, turnover, company future uncertain. No one in management will look out for you. Top performers are laid off all of the time. They promote who they like, not necessarily the best person for the job.

Advice to Management

Invest in R & D. This is a one product company with patent issues coming up in the next couple of years. Also, stop changing the comp plan all of the time and set realistic quotas.