Cycle Gear Reviews in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

1 review

San Diego, CA

2.0
Daniel W. Nelson

Pros
  • Exciting environment, if you are in to motorcycles, its a great place to work (in 6 reviews)

• Love being in the Motorcycle industry or you will hate it (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not enough budget to hire employees to get tasks done in a timely manner while focusing on sales goals (in 8 reviews)

• Low pay rates until someone reached store management level (in 7 reviews)

1. "Hostile work environment, under-paid, and awful management."

Former Employee - Key Holder in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Key Holder in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cycle Gear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on location (Big box store or regular store) and title, your commission can be quite large. They also have flexible scheduling so if you're a student, it's ideal. If you ride, then the discounts can save you a lot of money, too.
    You can advance fairly quickly IF the management likes you.

Cons

Hourly pay is quite low.
    The management is just awful.
    90% of the time I felt harrassed and lied to.
    I had been there for two years, got promoted to supervisor, and was generating 150+% of goal every month in my department. They demoted me and said I had to work on sales. Then, when the position was opened again, they asked if I still wanted it. I said yes, and they said they would start training me for it again... They ended up training a new-hire on my days off, and made her my supervisor.
    Everything is ran extremely backwards here. As far as the harrassment goes, I felt singled-out. I was the only employee being targeted like this by the "Team Leader", and even other employees noticed.
    When it comes to "team bonding", there is none. The supervisors and higher always eat lunch together in a seperate room. They don't want us regular people to think we're friends.
    Part of me thinks they were giving me this run-around in hopes of me quitting, that way I never received unemployment. Well, I stuck it out for as long as I possibly could until I had to just walk out one day and never come back.
    I guess this multi-billion dollar company won.

Advice to Management

Read the "Cons" section and you'll figure it out.

Showing 1 of 70 review