Cycle Gear Team Leader Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Daniel W. Nelson
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The employee discounts are awesome, as are the customers (in 7 reviews)

• Exciting environment, if you are in to motorcycles, its a great place to work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Not enough budget to hire employees to get tasks done in a timely manner while focusing on sales goals (in 8 reviews)

• Low pay rates until someone reached store management level (in 7 reviews)

1. "Team Member / Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Assistant Team Leader in Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Team Leader in Visalia, CA

I have been working at Cycle Gear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours, very educational, balanced

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Better coverage

2. "Enthusiast based retailer"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Fresno, CA

I worked at Cycle Gear full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working in the motorcycle industry is very fun as an enthusiast. Cycle Gear provided many opportunities to network with other industry professionals and opportunities to meet professional racers. It was also a great opportunity to stay up on current products and changes in the industry.

Cons

It was hard to balance work and home life with the demand of retail hours. This however is the same in most if not all retail environments.

Advice to Management

Look closer at individual markets, especially for older locations. Factor in economical factors of the areas such as unemployment rate, potential new customer base and existing customer purchasing habits when setting store plans. Also look at geographical factors such as crime rate in area of store, location of competition, location of other major retailers and changes to retail activity in the area. For example relocating a store from a more economically depressed area of the city to a more desired shopping area. Especially in areas where development favors an urban sprawl and new development is moving away from the store location. It is harder to drive customers to less desirable area of the city that is out of their "comfort/safe" zone.

3. "Team Leader"

Former Employee - Team Leader
    Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Cycle Gear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The industry, customers, culture and motorcycles.

Cons

Leadership
    Merchandising
    District Leadership

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites and be honest to your employees

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Cycle Gear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1st let me say this...anyone that complains about working at cyclegear will complain about any job that requires you to work hard and take pride in something...the problem with most motorcyclist that come to work for cycle gear is that they have no retail experience and when givin a chance most of them just want to chat about bikes all day and get paid for it...most guys get in and dnt take the training serious and dnt realize how much they dnt knw until they have that customer that has tons of questions and they dnt knw any of the answers...I've been in retail for a long time and I have to give cyclegear credit for doing it correctly...from the top dwn they treat and care about all of there employees...and as far as the bilt brand goes...it's our job to qualify the customer so that they make an informed buying desicion...we are never told to push any brand on to our customers...it's true that we dnt hold on to bad or consistent bottom performers ...but what business does? This is a great place to work and all of my employees are like family

Cons

We have to move a little faster with the new technology some of the things we do are out of date

Advice to Management

Continue yo advance our exclusive brands