Cydcor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Gary Polson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The pros to working for Cydcor is the awesome work environment that they have created" (in 14 reviews)

• "Learn a lot of great people skills, doing door to door makes you very comfortable around strangers and people in general" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "They scam employees into walking door-to-door selling AT&T" (in 17 reviews)

• "The work life balance is severely unhealthy" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started off as a temp, which allowed me to really get a sense of what working for Cydcor would be like. Cydcor is an extremely fast-paced, high energy environment. If you are willing to put in the work, and if you are looking for a company to push your limits, get you out of your comfort zone, and take on new challenges, than this is the right company for you. Team collaboration is one of the best parts of working at Cydcor. There is so much to learn and everyone is willing to help you if you take the time to learn from them. While the Financial Analyst role is not as conventional as you would expect at other major companies, the potential for growth and development is what makes the position so unique. There is room to expand across departments, since we work with almost every other department at Cydcor the potential for exploring different interests and passions is great. I feel that the company is willing to support me in my endeavors and is increasingly focused on development. I've been able to take on increased responsibility and learn skills that I probably wouldn't be given the opportunity to learn at larger companies. The people of Cydcor and the opportunities are what make the company such a great place to work. I generally feel appreciated for the work that I put in.

Cons

Field accountability is especially crucial during the transition period. Often times we are expected to hold ourselves to certain standards, but the field is not held to the same standards.

Advice to Management

Work on making the relationship between Cydcor internal employees and the field feel more like a partnership.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good-looking office, nice culture, great learning environment. Yesi is a great mentor

Cons

the temps/contracted workers can't use the gym but have access to all of the free snacks and chips. this results in unwanted weight gain, but tbh it all comes down to self-control

Advice to Management

No one eats the Nutrigrain bars!! i would recommend to stop buying them to help improve EBITDA. i would also suggest to maybe provide ice cream or popsicles.

"Quill.com Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to recruit a team and be a leader quickly. Down the road the goal is to open your own branch/office.

Cons

My position was door-to-door business-to-business sales. Doing this with nothing more than your personal phone, some flyers, and discounts is very outdated. People are not as accepting to a salesperson stumbling in their door begging for sales. The expectation was open 50 doors and get 2 sales.

Advice to Management

Implement ways to improve associates more than just 2 sales meeting a day. Help people advance their career by showing them updated sales tactics like incoming sales and network building. Also the use of a CRM is something i would strongly suggest.

"Great Company with the Exception of the Finance Department"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is great! Ignore any reviews that reference our ICL's (satellite sales offices). At the corporate office, the employees are wonderful, there is a nice lounge area with free snacks, fruits, and drinks. There is also a pool table, standing desks, onsite gym and locker room, and an overall enjoyable atmosphere. The executive team is very talented with respectable backgrounds and Gary is one of the friendliest CEO's I've ever interacted with.

Cons

If you are reading this because you recently graduated and have been offered or are interested in being a "Financial Analyst" for Cydcor via a commission-hungry recruiter, then it would be to your benefit to seek opportunities elsewhere. Trust me. I wish someone posted this before I accepted the job here. I cannot speak on behalf of other departments, but the Finance department is absolute rubbish.

As a "Financial Analyst" on the Billing and Payments team, you are to be doing petty, mind-numbing, accounting-support type work at the feet of campaign management, who are basically doltish sales people, and which involves very little "analysis." The only "Finance" involved is during the month-end close process which, of course, only happens once a month. Therefore, the job title is very misleading despite upper level management trying to tell you otherwise to make you feel more important than you actually are. My advice would be to leave after 1 year because there is literally nothing else of value to learn nor is there any growth in the department; no one has gotten promoted in 2 years. Every person that they try to promote leaves before it actually happens because they realize that they are wasting their time by staying here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work Gary and team!

"Cydcor "Account Executive""

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Absolutely none; it is entirely deceptive.

Cons

It's door to door sales

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees and stop taking advantage of recent college graduates.

"Financial analyst - Good experience as entry level financial accounting job, however leave once experience is gained."

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office looks great, similar to start up culture
    Great snacks, Friday social sip beer afternoons, pool table make for higher employee satisfaction
    Great financial accounting experience with pnl

Cons

Very high turnover in finance department, internal promotions to senior analysts or FPA was almost none. They actually hire external sr analysts instead of promoting the existing work force, great way to lose employees.

At times you have to deal with the cult culture of the “account managers” who are in charge of whipping the field to sell more products to boost GP. The account managers are not your bosses, however they boss you around and have an air of superiority over the other departments.

Advice to Management

Create/promote the existing pool of financial analysts, or give everyone flat raises so the turnover isn’t as bad as it is. Give them opportunities in other departments.

"Bad company to work with!! Own experience and what i saw happening in front of me!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) in Greenville, SC

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good sales experience.
    A lot of people skills you gonna learn.

Cons

Very bad management owners treats their employees like carbbage.
    You spend a lottt of money on gas and the people you training and buy them lunch sometimes because they don’t have money since they don’t get paid when training unless they make sales by themselves and all the sales you do while training them you gotta split your money with them and the commission is barely anything .
    The owner have full control of your paycheck and will hold it if you don’t write down everyone you talked to in the field when you go thru full presentation which i think is ridiculous.
    All the hours you put in the office taking interviews and building your team while you’re actually really building the owners office and not getting paid for doing it.
    The manager can fire you anytime even if you have 10 people on your team because you didn’t do 6-10 sales in a week three weeks consisten or if your cancels are high at the end people who were under you now are with the owner building his office for him and he’s making more money.
    Very unprofessional the owner cuss 24/7 and Relationship with recruiters and employees. And a lot of them smoking weed or drinking and providing alcohol to 18 years old employees during office night “that’s how they make it fun the job fun “
    I can write a lot more but I won’t be done till tomorrow from what I experienced at this job . Just don’t do it !!! You can get sales experience any where else.

Advice to Management

Don’t take a lot of commission from your sales people money give them what they deserve for knocking on doors 6 days a week even if there’s a hurricane outside or if it’s 110 degrees outside.
    Make sure people who are owners can really run an office not a zoo.
    Treat employees like they’re people.
    Don’t lie while recruiting people and try your best not to tell them that it’s not door to door job.
    Start giving employees a little bit more like health insurance 401k at least free cable or internet even a flip phone.

8. "Sales Executive"

I worked at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

experience was a major plus

Cons

constant negativity and pay based on "luck"

Advice to Management

nurture

"ABSOLUTE SCAM"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to learn sales

Cons

Other than learning sales - you WILL LOSE EVERYTHING - time, money, opportunities to pursue a real career and possibly your relationship(s).

Advice to Management

JUST STOP.

10. "Good Company"

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Can learn a ton here

Cons

Work load is very heavy

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing