Cydcor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Gary A. Polson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work environment, they treat their employees really well (in 13 reviews)

• Good way to break the fear of cold door to door selling (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • it was a field door-to door seller job (in 12 reviews)

• Working in any sort of weather and being 100% commission can be stressful at first (in 10 reviews)

"Great Atmosphere, Awesome Place to learn"

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Coming out of college I was so nervous to move into a "real career." I graduated with my degree in promotional communications & any job in my direct field required 2 years minimum of work experience (even entry level!)

My favorite part about Cydcor when I first started out was that they cared about my drive and ability to be personable more than the degree I held and experience I had.

I started off learning business-to-business sales, account management, and was trained fully on leadership.

After 7 months of high-performance and exemplary leadership I was promoted into human resources and after a year of working here I now head the human resources department.

I couldn't be more grateful for the mentorship, networking, opportunity, and supportive atmosphere that is set in place with Cydcor

Cons

Been here a year and i have none at this time.. will update if needed.

Advice to Management

To Gary & management team:
     Keep up the great work, you've helped instill the confidence I needed and taught me skills that are going to help me start up my brand management business. I couldn't be more grateful.

"Corporate trainer"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People need to understand that this job is not easy it takes a lot of hard work and dedication but with that being said what job worth doing is easy. This job is a management training program you definitely have your up and downs but they give you everything you need to succeed and if you put the work in time into the job then you will succeed you determine your paycheck you determine how fast you move up in the company. It is a pyramid like structure but that's why they are so successful not just anybody's going to get in the top it's the people that work the hardest and make the most out of their day that are going to make it to the top faster. I started out as an account executive in the field yes it is door-to-door and I am now a corporate trainer and yes I am still training and going door-to-door but I'm also making anywhere between $900 and $1,400 a week because I put the time in and I am working on building a team and getting promoted to assistant manager. That's when you become more than just commission because you have earned it. They do not brainwash you they simply just give you the tools you need to succeed and it's up to you to do it they weed out the good in the bad that's way if you're weak and you don't have it in you you're not going to make it to management if you can't survive the field. It's not that bad and they make it a lot of fun they have a lot of business trips they compensate you very well if you put the work in and they have a lot of perks that come along with the job as well. I have been here for about 6 months and I do not regret working here this is the biggest opportunity I've ever come across and I have two degrees and came from the medical field. I took a pay cut to work here but it's because I can advance move up and make a huge living and career off of it.

Cons

Working in any sort of weather and being 100% commission can be stressful at first. Once you get the hang of it and learn to manage your money you're good to go.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You know you have a company that is absolutely brilliant and effective.

"The Simple Truth"

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

other hard driven individuals and good learning skills to then take and use at a REAL job/career.

Cons

it is a pyramid scheme. there are no ifs ands or buts. you start off as a trainee with a small base pay and when you are sent to the "field" it is door to door or business to business or sitting at a shopping center doing cold call selling. your "leads" are just addresses of people who are eligible for whatever product your manager is working for and no they do not know you are coming. it is full commission so if you have a bad week. oh well. they leave you with a bare minimum pay. it will take more out of your wallet than you put in. please please please be careful when looking into companies that fall under this umbrella

"Much to Improve On"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has a greats sales system in place
    Generally supportive sales peers
    Commissions are paid out on time without issue

Cons

The job is completely in the field regardless of weather (i.e. door to door)
    The salary is completely commission based
    Will hire anyone willing to work
    Misleading job postings as "Marketing" "Public Relations" or "Management Trainee Program"
    Work week can be 60+ a week all commission based

Advice to Management

Stop hiring anyone that walks in the door
    Stop posting misleading job postings
    Provide something other than a commission structure

"Amazing place to work!! Exceptional Leadership!"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros to working for Cydcor is the awesome work environment that they have created. What makes it even better is the leadership that we have here. From the CEO down the leadership takes great pride in what they do and they truly care about the employees. One great example is on my first day on the job the CEO introduced himself to me knew my name and my background. He wanted to get to know me and he made me feel welcome.

Cons

There aren't any cons to speak of this is a great work place.

"Sales Cult"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales experience. Generally nice people to work with.

Cons

The entire company is a multi-level marketing scheme. It might be okay working for the corporate office, but the individual branches are all a scam. All door to door or business to business, and the entire system is built around using people. Everyone is chasing the carrot of false success, and it is truly sad the level of brainwashing that occurs at this company.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, they treat their employees really well! Cydcor is always working on improving, and getting feedback from us.

Cons

None, I enjoy working here!

"Love my job!"

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Cydcor has amazing people, benefits, growth, and a beautiful open office. Cydcor provides the tools I need to succeed professionally: 2 large displays, a laptop, and many mentors who you can learn from. Cydcor also gives plenty of opportunities for you to grow personally with the people you work with. There's a gym onsite, a weekly "social sip" for team members to bond, and many internal events (such as the corporate games, fundraising, or business conferences).

I love this job and I really hope that you are able to distinguish between the reviews of people that work here from the independent sales offices that work with Cydcor but are reviewing Cydcor.

Cons

It's a big office, so it takes a while to get to know everyone.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Service Experience Specialist
    Current Employee - Service Experience Specialist

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros working at Cydcor is that you get a great opportunity for growth based on you performance. There is also a great benefits system and people actually care about how you are doing as far as your job. A great place to learn and grow if you are willing to put in the work.

Cons

There are not many cons for working at Cydcor.

"Solid sales training development"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for learning sales and leadership of teams. Valuable business and people skills can be developed here if you put forth effort and don't give up.

Cons

There is no actual ownership of your own office or business. Cydcor owns everything. You can't make any direct deals with Fortune 500 companies. You'll learn how to think like an entrepreneur but will never actually be one under Cydcor.

Advice to Management

I understand that you have to sell the dream and get people to believe in it before they try to reach for it. But don't forget that you are not an owner. This is not your own business.