Cydcor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Gary Polson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The pros to working for Cydcor is the awesome work environment that they have created (in 14 reviews)

• Learn a lot of great people skills, doing door to door makes you very comfortable around strangers and people in general (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • You are doing door to door sales as an 'independant contractor' -- which entails no salary, no benifits, nothing (in 15 reviews)

• The work life balance is severely unhealthy (in 7 reviews)

1. "Director"

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Best Culture I've ever worked for, where everyone is very collaborative and insightful. Everyone wants to help and support everyone's success from the CEO all the way down.

Cons

There are really no cons about the company. Everyone strives to be better everyday.

Advice to Management

Continued fostering of a great culture to drive both professional and personal growth for everyone that works at Cydcor.

2. "Good Company"

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Can learn a ton here

Cons

Work load is very heavy

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"I Don't Hate Going to Work Anymore!"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am so glad I made the switch in my career to end up at Cydcor! Onboarding was awesome. Pay is fair. Benefits are flipping great. Atmosphere and friendliness is out of this world. Love coming to work every day. Working here is awesome and I feel valued every day.

Cons

Sad to see so many reviews of discouraged Sales Reps. This company is really awesome and wants to support you and your owners in the best way possible!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

4. "Service Experience Specialist"

Current Employee - Service Experience Specialist in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Service Experience Specialist in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cydcor is full of opportunity! I am so impressed by their dedication to the development of their people. It is such a collaborative and open work environment, that it makes learning new things and communication easier than ever. The people who work here are all amazing, even the executives and president of the company walk through the office to say hi. It is unlike any other job I have had. Not to mention the beautiful office space and tons of snacks! Luckily, they provide a gym to work off all the snacks you eat! The benefits are great too! I would definitely recommend working here!

Cons

I wish it was casual dress everyday!

"Read This Review I Know It’s Long"

Former Employee - ICL Owner
    Former Employee - ICL Owner

I worked at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only pro I have is my respect for the president of the company; genuinely like her as a person and truly trust her as well as the CEO; top notch guy that would hurt a fly. Anyone else I DO NOT TRUST!

Cons

I worked for a Cydcor ICL for 2 years 9 months. I’ll give a time line first....
    I started off as “Entry Level”
    Promoted to Assistant Manger in 13 months
    Promoted to “Director Of Operations” “ICL Manager” “Owner” “Managing Partner” in 17 months.
    For my first 14 months I stood in “Retail” selling tv service to customers. Then I learned “interviewing” at Starbucks witch cost me north of 2 grand over the 14 months! NOT JOKING
    Learned how to “Build a team” just for 1 in every 6 people to stick around for more than a day.
    All in all my first 14 months I did what any other business owner of their own company would do. Cheap labor I guess.
    Then I was promoted to “Assistant Manager” for the following 4 months I literally did the same thing I was doing but received a better title to “excite” the Office! I was told when I first interview that “AM” got a garentee Of $1,000 a week PLUS double commissions and 10% of Office revenue! Ha LIES.
    I “paid” myself what I needed and the rest went into a “corporate account” to save for my new office. If I paid myself more than a few hundred a week I was berated and told how quick I would go out of business due to my spending so on so fourth.
    Than after being bullied into “choosing” a market I opened my “Company” this is where it gets fun... you remember when the “owner” told you about all the money and all of the personal freedom and the hallmark ending to this story? Well I’m going to tell you the FX Latenight horror film...
    I opened before I even had “approval” so I moved 987 miles away not even knowing if I could be in that “Market” Fortunately we were able to go there.... I was tasked with finding my own office, getting a new recruiter, hiring sales people, filing all the corporate forms, moving into house for the “moving crew” doesn’t seem bad normal things company’s have to do.... I had NO help! Oh and because my “corporate” account wasn’t opened yet all those costs listed above came out of my personal account and when it came time for “MY Company” to pay me back my promoting owner and HUB were super quick to say don’t worry you will pay yourself back over the year.... nope I paid myself right then and there! As a ICL owner I gave up my life, I was “in the field” more than when I was a REP and if I didn’t go to the field I would be called stupid or a bad business owner or lazy. The part that was the last straw for me was when I planned a trip to go see my family for the holidays I was told “don’t go see your family run your business it’s a crucial part of the year” I gave you guys my life, I gave you my mind, I gave you my trust.... but when I say I’m going to see family and you teach you Promoting Owners and your Consultants and your C level employees to tell a “Business Partner” to not bother seeing your family because there is money to be made, that’s when I get out of dodge. Closed my business, moved back to my home state and haven’t regretted it once!
    This business is not all bad, had a lot of fun, and I have life long friends from it. I am going to tell you this... if you have family, having a family, religious and need sundays off, want to keep your original friends, and not be looked down to because you aren’t the best.... stay away from any company that advertises and interview you with this same set up. If your reading this after already starting “in the business” you have to ask yourself one thing.....
    Is it worth it?
    Side note: any ICL Owner or Manger tells you first year earning after everything is paid is over 60K average call bs. Oh and 60k at an average of 70 hours a week is just over $16 per hour.... as a business owner.....

Advice to Management

I have always ran my own business, I now have two REAL company’s
    Teach your BIG DOGS how to treat the little guys! I would never in a million years talk to anyone of my employees let alone my managers how some of your guys talk to us!
    Secondly: stop telling people they will run their own business! They are “Managing Partners” at best!
    I make 100% executive decisions about my REAL company, even as a ICL Owner we are still at your mercy that’s why you call it “Best Practice” correct?
    If you start telling the truth a lot of your negative reviews will stop!

"Terrible place"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Marietta, GA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None I can think of, unless you live in your mom's basement making $100 a week until you move up the ladder and scam other kids living in their mom's basement to build your team and then start making their commission. Ponzi scheme 100% SPONSORED BY AT&T

Cons

Been in sales for a long time and have ALWAYS been successful all the way through the process. Got hired and was "training" for 9 days while 7 of those I did all the knocking, pitching, presentations, and closing. Signed up 9-10 accounts, gave the customer true (as far as I was taught) pricing and knowledge about the product, AT&T television and internet. Eight of which cancelled. I asked a few of the other managers how and why, they said "eh it happens" and for 10 days and probably 100 hours of positivity and effort I made a whopping 90 bucks. I quit that day. No one was getting paid at all. Its hard enough to sell door to door, its a whole other ballgame to retain them, which is USUALLY handled by AT&T because they call them and dont care about the lowlife salesman who knocked on their door. Never again will I work for a company even similar.

Advice to Management

Offer some form of gaurantee pay, even if its minimum wage plus commissions. Youre forcing your employees to be in the office from 10-1 before they can even go make money, atleast pay hourly for that to give something to budget on. Sales is feast or famine, dont care how "Great" you think you are at it, but sales, ESPECIALLY DOOR TO DOOR, is 20% work ethic, 30% skill, and 50% LUCK. Argue that point if you must, even until youre blue in the face, but they will be shut down once all these companies they represent catch frag from former employees and customers. Thats why they dont advertise their "company" (ie. FIRE inc.) , but they SAY they are from AT&T, a LIE from the beginning. So long Cydcor

"Not bad"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oak Park, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oak Park, IL

Pros

Sales experience you can take where. Friendly environment and easy to learn the skills you'll need

Cons

Commissions are on a draw meaning if a customer cancels early, it gets taken out of your future check. Not a scheme, this is done in car sales as well.

"Stay Away !!!!"

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Nice office !! Needed to show-off to clients that they have place

Cons

Many
    1. Mis-management
    2. Fake smiles
    3. kickbacks
    4. Clients cheating
    5. Rep Cheating
    6. Fraud at all levels for $$
    7. No Process..although on paper all is there
    8. No badge ( Lol !! yeah they don't)
    9. SALES -- SALES -- Make fool of client !!

Advice to Management

Be real !!!

"Cult"

Former Employee - Leader in Green Brook, NJ
    Former Employee - Leader in Green Brook, NJ

I worked at Cydcor part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Become a master of deception.

Cons

Sell a product nobody needs, work in a office where everyones minds are sculpted like a cult and have a manager that they title "owner" who will try to convince you that anything less then 12 hour work days are irrelevant.

Advice to Management

Shut the lights off and leave. Tell anyone who isn't an employee the business model and watch them realize you're in a cult.

10. "Trainer"

Current Employee - Trainer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Trainer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Progressive atmosphere with numerous opportunities to progress both professionally and personally.
    -Managers who care about ensuring you maintain an appropriate work/life balance, always find time for personal development, and are always available and willing to pitch in
    -Outstanding executive staff who are constantly making decisions to push the business onto the next level
    -Opportunity to progress in your current role, create a new role within the company, and additional upward mobility

Cons

-Room for improvement for communication between departments

Advice to Management

Continue what you're doing!