Cydcor Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 18, 2019

3.2
Gary Polson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The pros to working for Cydcor is the awesome work environment that they have created" (in 14 reviews)

• "Learn a lot of great people skills, doing door to door makes you very comfortable around strangers and people in general" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "They scam employees into walking door-to-door selling AT&T" (in 14 reviews)

• "The work life balance is severely unhealthy" (in 7 reviews)

"Effort based"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The potential to make money is there

Cons

Depends on other people

Advice to Management

Keep rockin

2. "Great for starting out"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

Pros

great for just starting out but make sure you have a car because you will be driving everywhere. The business is designed for you to eventually own your own business, you do learn a lot and make a ton of money if you are good at talking to people

Cons

waaaaay to much driving
    no stipend for gas

3. "Fun but beware"

Pros

The atmosphere of the business is fun. You meet some great people, form some great relationships, and talk to people of all different backgrounds. In the few months I’ve been there I have already been on a business trip. You develop or improve your interpersonal skills and communication skills.

Cons

I was hired as an “HR Director” which is really just a recruiter. You spend your days calling people based on their resumes for the Client Manager position. The CM position may sound lavish, but it’s really just a sales position. You make a flat rate of 12 an hour, which is not feasible to live off. You’re promised bonuses depending on how many appointments you book & how many people show up. The turnover rate is high, which makes it impossible to reach a “head count” bonus of 30. You spend 9 hours a day cold calling people who did or did not apply to the position, which can become repetitive and sometimes hopeless.

Advice to Management

More money, honesty about the HR position

"Get ready to play games"

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you build relationships with the right people, your career will take off.

Cons

Pay is below market average and recognition is based on who you know and not what you’ve done.

""" account """"manager""" """

Former Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this sham of a business

Cons

Cult. From purpousfully misleading interviewees to straight out lying to new hires and brainwashing all employees to keep them continually employeed stringing them along with nothing but false hope. When asked direct questions such as "is WalMart the only store in which we'll be setting up tables to sign people up for cable" they answer "No" and that they work with "tons of fortune 500 companies" when the actual simple answer is "yes". You're told you'll be working 10am to 7pm 5 days a week however you're expected to be at the office at OR BEFORE 10am--sometimes HOURS earlier than 10am for"one on one" unpaid "training sessions'' every week. The entire time youre expected to be at the office--in suits with ties for makes and business professional attire--heels mandatory--for females just to play stupid games and 'team building' exercises and listen to the "owners" rattle off the sales results from the prior day for all of the independent offices while literally everyone is expected to clap in unison and cheer in unison. There's chants and clapping just like a cult the only thing missing is kool-aid spiked with cyanide.
    You're expected to meet up with your "team" outside of work hours for "team nights" that are STRONGLY suggested its 100% commission the company literally has zero invested in any of its employees they try and make you feel as though you've accomplished something with meaningless "promotions" after making x many sales within x many days... The promise of base pay is actually just a "draw" / front/loan against future commission which is not explained in the interview. You have to keep up with the retention of your own sales bc just because someone signs up with you and agrees to start up cable service doesn't mean you're actually going to see the $135 commission off of the sale when other factors apply such as cancellations before install and that's not explained either when you're first hired. You are expected to travel daily from the office where you start your day and spend the 1st few UNPAID hours wasting time playing dumb games to various walmarts throughout the state which can be up to two and a half hours away from the office and then stay there hustling people into signing up for cable til 7pm then travel back spending an additional up to two and a half hour trip. Youre not compensated for gas nor milage, car insurance is not even discussed and youre sent out in pairs expected to split the cost of gas for the trip DAILY. Youre STRONGLY encouraged and sometimes down right guilt tripped into working on "off days" or staying later than 7pm sometimes as late as midnight which is when the cydcor call center actually closes every night. It is a pyramid scheme in every sense except for having salespeople investing their own money for a product since the thing theyre having you sell is cable service theres no product to purchase instead you're investing all of your TIME into the business such as unpaid training of new crew members you are adding to your "team". You cannot have any sort of life outside of work. Don't expect to ever see your children or family because you're actually gone from home more like 65-70 hours per week "working" for this sham of a sales cult. Theres a reason they aren't upfront with any new perspective employees and that's because noone in their right mind would ever agree to take on this bs job if they were given actual facts from the jump about what exactly they'll be expected to put into it!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to employees stop brainwashing. Tell everyone from the beginning how you had to sign over power of attorney to Cydcor on your bank account therefore your office isn't really "yours" . cydcor tends to make rebuttles to reviews like this placing all of the blame on the independently "owned" offices but it's no coincidence that all of the practices are the same no matter which office any of us worked for that are writing these reviews... The only people who have anything good to say about this company are the naive ones guzzling that koolaid cydcor keeps filling their cups with that are brainwashed and blinded by the "cool fraternity like atmosphere" perpetuated in the offices daily with the games and the loud music...those that are still under the spell thinking that they'll be racking in the big bucks "owning" their office in a year's time. Its actually kind of heart breaking to listen to those who've been brainwashed to the point of believing this garbage! When "recruiting" new sales people why don't you be completely transparent and tell them exactly what this "job" will entail? Because you all know you're just perpetuating false hope and lies to squeeze every bit of time and energy you can out of young naive kids before they become burned out or wake up and stop drinking the koolaid!!

"Some perspective"

I worked at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I took a job selling credit card processing machines basically as a quick out to another job I hated. While I look back at my time with cydcor and chuckle about the now-realized predatory culture, I’m glad I fell victim for two reasons: it teaches you how to spot someone selling a scam from a MILE AWAY for when you have a legitimate job after your cydcor experience; and it teaches you empathy. These people do not know they are being preyed upon. They took the bait and earnestly tried to pursue the “cydcor dream,” however advertised by the “owner” of that office. If you “fail” at cydcor by their standards, you can walk away knowing that you professional career path can only get better. Don’t be afraid to fail there - it will be the most teachable moment in your professional life. Don’t get me wrong, plenty of people have achieved perceived success - chances are they got in “the biz” circa 1998. They define that top-of-the-pyramid success by casually dropping they were a cydcor dream-team-based marriage, and now have a 20,000 sq ft house. Cool, guys!! God knows we’ve heard about your house 5766546 times. That’s so great. Livin’ the dream! What a legacy 👀

Cons

While I think (but only in hindsight, several years later) it taught me a lot of what motivates people, I honestly feel bad for people signing on with cydcor who are trying to support a family. I was lucky in that I was 23/24, and didn’t have financial responsibilities for anyone but myself. I could afford to make that mistake. My parents knew it was a joke from day one, but also knew I wouldn’t learn the lesson if I didn’t fully commit to it and experience the reality of it. If you have a family and are under pressure to provide for them, I implore you to open yourself to other options. Do something else. Literally anything else.

Advice to Management

Management drank the kool-aid and are now brewing it. If you consider yourself to be successful, you do you. High five! Just don’t try to make people feel like failures if they choose to do something else. It’s a reflection of your own insecurities, whether you acknowledge it or not. If someone quits your team, let them find their own success somewhere else. Be happy for them, and congratulate yourself for being a stepping stone in their path 🙃

"Corporate trainer"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, there really isn't an upside to the this corporate pyramid scheme

Cons

Long hours, I not averse to hard work but there's absolutely no guarantee of getting payed

Advice to Management

Abide by labor laws

8. "Cydcor provides great career opportunities"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cydcor is extremely dynamic both as a company and in the work opportunities available to its employees. The finance departments encourages staff to grow and gives them opportunities to gain exposure to a variety of roles, from working with the sales operations teams to departments like accounting and IT systems.

Cons

Each campaign requires a great deal of specialized knowledge to manage weekly tasks, so transferring work can be difficult.
    Hours can vary depending on problems or opportunities for improvement that arise.
    Issues can require a lot of communication and follow through to resolve.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing great!
    If anything, try to be more in touch with people's weekly schedules and regular processes to identify opportunities for team/campaign improvement and see how you can enable more cross-training among FAs.

"COMPANY IS A SCAM-I DID 3+ YEARS"

Former Employee - "Owner" of My Own Branch
    Former Employee - "Owner" of My Own Branch

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment, young energetic crowd, builds relationships.

Cons

A cult, scam company. Cydcor is an umbrella company led by Gary Paulson, a very smart individual. He keeps enough leash that he controls the finances of the smaller individual companies, yet gives enough slack that in the event of a lawsuit(which happens frequently), he can have no accountability. Pretty good gig! There is NO BASE!!! Despite what they say on the interview. No benefits, and usually 12+ hours of work. As you grow in the company, so do your responsibilities, for no additional compensation. IT IS A COMPANY THAT DOES A NUMBER ON YOUR PSYCHE. They get you to believe you can have the world with just a strong work ethic. It has happened for some, but the companies are like revolving doors! The shelf life of an employee usually doesn't exceed 3 months. Money CAN be made, but at the expense of time, as well as your own dime to pay for travel, and utilities. I'VE DONE THIS FOR 3+ YEARS AND MADE IT TO MANAGEMENT!! SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME AND AGONY OF ANY OF THESE COMPANIES ASSOCIATED WITH CYDCOR!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Stop preying on young, eager, ambitious young adults. You are ruining lives and stealing time!

10. "Cydcor has been an Awesome Place to Work!"

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Cydcor is an incredible place to work. They really value the development of their people and are very transparent about company goals. My role has always been clearly defined and my managers constantly ask how they can help. My peers are supportive, respectful, and collaborative, which is a big departure from my last job. The office is beautiful and I feel that I am compensated fairly. Lastly, people here are hardworking and always make an effort to strive for success.

Cons

When starting, it takes some time to learn the company structure. But once you get settled in, they encourage you to approach different departments and ask for help.