Cydcor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Gary Polson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The pros to working for Cydcor is the awesome work environment that they have created" (in 14 reviews)

• "Learn a lot of great people skills, doing door to door makes you very comfortable around strangers and people in general" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "They scam employees into walking door-to-door selling AT&T" (in 17 reviews)

• "The work life balance is severely unhealthy" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Effort based"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The potential to make money is there

Cons

Depends on other people

Advice to Management

Keep rockin

2. "Cydcor provides great career opportunities"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cydcor is extremely dynamic both as a company and in the work opportunities available to its employees. The finance departments encourages staff to grow and gives them opportunities to gain exposure to a variety of roles, from working with the sales operations teams to departments like accounting and IT systems.

Cons

Each campaign requires a great deal of specialized knowledge to manage weekly tasks, so transferring work can be difficult.
    Hours can vary depending on problems or opportunities for improvement that arise.
    Issues can require a lot of communication and follow through to resolve.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing great!
    If anything, try to be more in touch with people's weekly schedules and regular processes to identify opportunities for team/campaign improvement and see how you can enable more cross-training among FAs.

3. "Cydcor has been an Awesome Place to Work!"

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Cydcor is an incredible place to work. They really value the development of their people and are very transparent about company goals. My role has always been clearly defined and my managers constantly ask how they can help. My peers are supportive, respectful, and collaborative, which is a big departure from my last job. The office is beautiful and I feel that I am compensated fairly. Lastly, people here are hardworking and always make an effort to strive for success.

Cons

When starting, it takes some time to learn the company structure. But once you get settled in, they encourage you to approach different departments and ask for help.

"Nice People but Terrible System/Corporation"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Ontario, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice People
    Very Friendly
    Good Office Managers
    Learn New Skills

Cons

Mandatory 66 hour weeks
    Paid like a contractor, Worked like an employee
    Boss gets angry if you don't sell
    most people who do well are sleazy liars
    very few people get to the point where you make real money (which is the dream they feed you since day one)

Advice to Management

Encourage without discouraging
    quit and work for a real company

5. "Sales Representative/Sales Manager"

I worked at Cydcor part-time

Pros

Can makes lots of money quickly. If you can make consistent sales you will easily be bringing in around 1000 a week.

Cons

No hourly, all commission and salary based, long hours, bad reputation for future employers.

6. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good-looking office, nice culture, great learning environment. Yesi is a great mentor

Cons

the temps/contracted workers can't use the gym but have access to all of the free snacks and chips. this results in unwanted weight gain, but tbh it all comes down to self-control

Advice to Management

No one eats the Nutrigrain bars!! i would recommend to stop buying them to help improve EBITDA. i would also suggest to maybe provide ice cream or popsicles.

"Quill.com Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to recruit a team and be a leader quickly. Down the road the goal is to open your own branch/office.

Cons

My position was door-to-door business-to-business sales. Doing this with nothing more than your personal phone, some flyers, and discounts is very outdated. People are not as accepting to a salesperson stumbling in their door begging for sales. The expectation was open 50 doors and get 2 sales.

Advice to Management

Implement ways to improve associates more than just 2 sales meeting a day. Help people advance their career by showing them updated sales tactics like incoming sales and network building. Also the use of a CRM is something i would strongly suggest.

"Great Company with the Exception of the Finance Department"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is great! Ignore any reviews that reference our ICL's (satellite sales offices). At the corporate office, the employees are wonderful, there is a nice lounge area with free snacks, fruits, and drinks. There is also a pool table, standing desks, onsite gym and locker room, and an overall enjoyable atmosphere. The executive team is very talented with respectable backgrounds and Gary is one of the friendliest CEO's I've ever interacted with.

Cons

If you are reading this because you recently graduated and have been offered or are interested in being a "Financial Analyst" for Cydcor via a commission-hungry recruiter, then it would be to your benefit to seek opportunities elsewhere. Trust me. I wish someone posted this before I accepted the job here. I cannot speak on behalf of other departments, but the Finance department is absolute rubbish.

As a "Financial Analyst" on the Billing and Payments team, you are to be doing petty, mind-numbing, accounting-support type work at the feet of campaign management, who are basically doltish sales people, and which involves very little "analysis." The only "Finance" involved is during the month-end close process which, of course, only happens once a month. Therefore, the job title is very misleading despite upper level management trying to tell you otherwise to make you feel more important than you actually are. My advice would be to leave after 1 year because there is literally nothing else of value to learn nor is there any growth in the department; no one has gotten promoted in 2 years. Every person that they try to promote leaves before it actually happens because they realize that they are wasting their time by staying here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work Gary and team!

"Cydcor "Account Executive""

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Absolutely none; it is entirely deceptive.

Cons

It's door to door sales

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees and stop taking advantage of recent college graduates.

10. "Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started off as a temp, which allowed me to really get a sense of what working for Cydcor would be like. Cydcor is an extremely fast-paced, high energy environment. If you are willing to put in the work, and if you are looking for a company to push your limits, get you out of your comfort zone, and take on new challenges, than this is the right company for you. Team collaboration is one of the best parts of working at Cydcor. There is so much to learn and everyone is willing to help you if you take the time to learn from them. While the Financial Analyst role is not as conventional as you would expect at other major companies, the potential for growth and development is what makes the position so unique. There is room to expand across departments, since we work with almost every other department at Cydcor the potential for exploring different interests and passions is great. I feel that the company is willing to support me in my endeavors and is increasingly focused on development. I've been able to take on increased responsibility and learn skills that I probably wouldn't be given the opportunity to learn at larger companies. The people of Cydcor and the opportunities are what make the company such a great place to work. I generally feel appreciated for the work that I put in.

Cons

Field accountability is especially crucial during the transition period. Often times we are expected to hold ourselves to certain standards, but the field is not held to the same standards.

Advice to Management

Work on making the relationship between Cydcor internal employees and the field feel more like a partnership.