Cydcor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Gary Polson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I have worked for Cydcor for 6 years and I have grown both personally and professionally (in 9 reviews)

• Great work environment, they treat their employees really well (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • You are doing door to door sales as an 'independant contractor' -- which entails no salary, no benifits, nothing (in 14 reviews)

• The work life balance is severely unhealthy (in 6 reviews)

1. "Not bad"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oak Park, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oak Park, IL

Pros

Sales experience you can take where. Friendly environment and easy to learn the skills you'll need

Cons

Commissions are on a draw meaning if a customer cancels early, it gets taken out of your future check. Not a scheme, this is done in car sales as well.

2. "Amazing Place to work!"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Corporate growth, ability to be a part of a transformational tool called Salesforce and see how our work grows the corporation starting with our sales teams in the field.

Cons

Location/Work Remote Options could attract more talent

Advice to Management

Keep integrating all departments into the one motto Salesforce platform.

3. "Trainer"

Current Employee - Trainer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Trainer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Progressive atmosphere with numerous opportunities to progress both professionally and personally.
    -Managers who care about ensuring you maintain an appropriate work/life balance, always find time for personal development, and are always available and willing to pitch in
    -Outstanding executive staff who are constantly making decisions to push the business onto the next level
    -Opportunity to progress in your current role, create a new role within the company, and additional upward mobility

Cons

-Room for improvement for communication between departments

Advice to Management

Continue what you're doing!

"Fast paced and fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are always new and challenging things to work on and the people are great. The company is always adding new technology and new initiatives to stay competitive. Always lots of opportunities to work on new projects. Never boring.

Cons

Company is growing and hiring people so it is sometimes hard to get to know everyone right away. It takes a bit longer than it used to.

Advice to Management

Be sure to recognize and outwardly appreciate the efforts of your middle management group.

5. "Territory manager"

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Entrepreneur based
    Good pay if perform

Cons

No work life balance

Advice to Management

Shouldn't be meeting at an office six days a week

"Overworks and Underpays Financial Analysts"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At first glance, Cydcor truly looks like the place to be and appears to have everything you would desire. They offer competitive starting salaries, good benefits and the office is truly one of a kind. There is a pool table, state of the art gym, Starbucks coffee machine and plenty of snacks and drinks to get you through the day. They also have desks that move up so you can stand while working. Most people are friendly and there are some fun social events to attend, including a summer party, Halloween party and Christmas party. Every Friday there is social sip. Definitely very appealing.

Cons

All of the pros come at a major cost. The work life balance is severely unhealthy. In the finance department, you are expected to work 10 - 12 hour days, sometimes more. Financial analysts are highly overworked. For example, one financial analyst may work up to 5 different campaigns without backup. It makes it extremely difficult to create quality work and make sure everything is accurate. It also makes it near impossible to go on vacation. In all the time I worked for Cydcor, I was expected to bring my laptop on vacation every time, including Thanksgiving and Christmas. Although beginning compensation is great, they do not accurately increase pay based on workload. This is evident based on the high turnover in the Finance department.
    There also isn't a clear path to promotion. The standards are vague and it appears some employees are favored more than others.
    In addition, management style is extremely inconsistent. PDP's (personal development plans) are meant to be completed at least once monthly with a manager, but some managers do not place any sort of importance on them. Managers will often cancel 1:1 meetings, making it difficult to develop professionally and reach the next step towards promotion and growth.

Advice to Management

Reward all employees equally, give equal recognition, give increased pay where it is due, create clear paths to promotion, create consistent management standards across all people managers.

"The Sky's the Limit"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent potential for personal and professional growth.
    Open and friendly work space - not a typical corporate structure.
    Amazing company culture - everyone truly values what they do and challenges themselves to provide the client and field with their absolute best.

Cons

Starting pay could be more competitive, but if you're willing to invest your time, potential for growth and pay is definitely there. Also, Cydcor's benefits plan is excellent with matching 401k's and a number of insurance policies to choose from.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - moral in the office and field is great.

"In-House Review"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team environment, everyone has been so welcoming and willing to help everyone regardless of which department you are in. It is awesome seeing all of the diverse departments come together to achieve common company goals.

Cons

Working with others is a must. If you like to do everything solo you will find yourself swimming in circles. We want to build everyone up to their highest potential, and learning how to work with others is a lot of how we can do this. We want to understand where your opportunities are and how to get you there.

Advice to Management

In my department my manager has been great. She's helped me adapt to a new surrounding and is always open to teaching me new skills.

"Review coming from an Senior Leader of 3 years"

Former Employee - Senior Leader in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Leader in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have your soul and life sucked from you. Enjoy being brainwashed.

Cons

They will manipulate you with a fun "fast paced" environment. You will have no social life. You will make sub par money unless you dedicate your entire being to the company. The company is indifferent to your existence. You are a very replaceable cog, always remember that. They will show you their very expensive HQ so you buy into the company. They will make you pay out of pocket to go to conferences. So much drama you'll wanna kill yourself. Enjoy life and find another company to work for. Cydcor is suffering and pain.

Advice to Management

Eat a fat one. Also you make mediocre money, so why not make double with the management experience you have gained.

"If you have a family, values, or a brain.. run away."

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot about sales and marketing. You also learn how a lot of selling techniques. People are generally friendly. You can make money fast for the most part.

Cons

PYRAMID SCHEME. The end. You will spend more than you make. You have to use your car and all of your time. 12-14 hour days. Required to work saturdays if you don’t meet standard. I was driving over 500 miles a week.

They don’t tell you anything about sales. They play it as if it’s a administrative or consulting job. They say they use the “google” approach for office atmosphere.. it’s really not even close. The office I worked for was old, run down, carpets were stained and the walls were dirty. It was a “new” office and I started just after it opened. In a month I counted 17 new hires. 3 stayed. They never even talk about the ones who just don’t come back..

They sell you on having you own a business and running a “company”. They tell you how managers make 6 figures. When your first paycheck for 60+ hours of work is less then $400.

They leave a lot out. They talk of conferences and all this travel. The conferences are about 300-500 people. (A real legit conference is usually over 5000) they put it on themselves and then basically set them up so they can further brainwash you. You aren’t helping anyone but the managers. They make 2x the commission you do, and all the bonus’ etc that they say you’ll get? I never saw one..

The county I worked in required anyone selling door to door to carry a permit. When I asked for a copy of ours to carry I was blown off, bought Starbucks and then went with my manager to close some deals, in which she SPLIT her double commission with me. (Hush money) I knew at that point to not ask, make money, and find another job.

Overall. It’s good for a short period of time. Get in and out before you catch on to what’s really going on.

Advice to Management

Stop lying. Be honest. Most people wouldn’t care. But your giving yourself a horrible name by tricking people. You’re making good money. Try spreading the wealth a bit.

Cydcor Response

Oct 23, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review, and we want to learn more. To clarify, the office you seem to have worked for is not Cydcor (we don’t have door to door sales positions), but your entry seems to be... More