Cydcor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gary A. Polson

Pros
  • very Google-esque work environment (in 10 reviews)

• Good way to break the fear of cold door to door selling (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • it was a field door-to door seller job (in 9 reviews)

• Working on 100% commission can be a bit rough at times (in 9 reviews)

1. "One of the best places I ever worked"

Current Employee - Event Manager in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Event Manager in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at Cydcor really make it a great place. There is so much leadership and they have created a fun and supportive environment. I am happy to have found a career at Cydcor where I enjoy coming in to work.

Cons

It's a big place so it's hard to get to know everyone!

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I would love to see more activities to bring people together.

"I feel so grateful to support such an amazing company and CEO"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been supporting Cydcor's CEO for almost 6 years now. I have supported many top-notch executives in the USA during my career, and Gary Polson is by far the most honest, caring and inspirational CEO/Company Leader I have ever had the pleasure of working with and for. He lives his word. Period. He truly cares about each and every team member, not only at the Cydcor office, but he also cares about each and every person in the field (independent sales offices separate from Cydcor). Because he leads with integrity, Cydcor is the best company I have ever had the privilege to work for, and that is the truth. We are all fortunate to be part of such an amazing team.

Cons

Bad online reviews, which aren't actually geared toward Cydcor itself, give the company a bad rap sometimes. I hope people see through those and realize what an amazing company Cydcor really is.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Someday we will be a billion dollar company!

"Sales Cult"

Former Employee - Team Leader/Account Executive
    Former Employee - Team Leader/Account Executive

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to develop a fairly large team and get close to reaching the coveted "management" position that everyone covets. I learned a lot about leadership and sales, and took that with me to my next job.

Cons

As good as the above sounds, I may have been maybe part of 2% ever hired to make it that far in the company. Unfortunately for many, this isn't the case. I have so many problems with this company I'll break them down one by one:

1. The recruiting. This is what is described as the life of "an office". Let's face it, these sales are the lowest level of sales out there, and to top it all off, it's 100% commission based. Essentially what Cydcor does is throw a pile of crap (interviews) against a wall and hope something sticks (a leader). Most interviewees/recruits don't have the resume/skills to actually do this job, so this is where the owner/interviewing leader has to actually "sell" something during the interview: the opportunity, which is complete B.S. This whole recruiting process ends up wasting a lot of people's time, as a lot of the ads do not advertise a "100% commission door to door job". When I was looking for jobs I got a couple of ads for a "Sports Marketing" position. I knew right away what it was. This company STRAIGHT UP LIES to get people in the door, and when they do show up, they're sold on a misleading opportunity. Even worse, the company only has the owner bookend the interviews, having their reps come in early or spend a part of their day in the field feeding crap to the interviewee. Cydcor knows most of them won't come back, so they'd rather not have the owner waste their time interviewing, rather giving it to the gullible leader. Because the leader is so hellbent on the opportunity, they won't mind the free labor. And almost every positive Glassdoor review is fake. One of the consultants has taken this to the next level and has his recruiters use multiple accounts to upvote "good" reviews up to 20 times, so the real ones (usually with 10 or more votes) don't look "as bad". Even worse, it appears every office in his org does it. I won't mention him by name, but if you look at his Atlanta office check out how the page looks compared to other Cydcor offices. What a joke. I'm not sure how the company has avoided lawsuits on this for years.

2. The brainwashing and the time spent there. The company is designed to keep you around your coworkers all the time, and this is by design. The lower chances an owner has of his/her reps being around family members/friends/significant others, the less chance a bad conversation has of happening around the company. During a large percentage of my time at the company, I was working 6 days a week for close to 60-70 hours a week. At the end of the week, maybe half of the time spent there, I was working for less than minimum wage, and even I was one of the top reps in the office. Just imagine what everyone else was making. I still have a friend that I'll talk to sometimes who's still in the company. When I ask him what his production is, it'll always be less than $500, but he's not giving it up because "just look what the consultants are making". Which leads me to my next point...

3. All of the territories are washed up or in the middle of nowhere. Cydcor isn't a pyramid scheme, but it does resemble one in this way: all of the money is made at the top. In the interview I was told I could open my office anywhere I wanted, but that's a complete lie. Most new offices I see are in states and cities no one would want to go, because Cydcor has rampaged through so many towns so many people have caught onto their scheme. If offices didn't go out of business so often they'd be running out of room easily. To put it this way - no one ever gets what they were promised in the interview. Owners are said to make "$80,000 per year". They're lucky if they even get close to that. So much goes back into the business, whether it be rent/recruiting ad costs, but of course that's never mentioned. I would say MAYBE 10% of the owners in Cydcor are making close to what is actually said during the interview, and that essentially means a good majority of offices will go out of business, or sent on a "re-train". Again, a company built on lies and manipulation.

Advice to Management

STOP. WASTING. PEOPLE'S. TIME. I have no idea how you guys sleep at night knowing what's going on. Even worse, give that $1 million dollar consultant bonus to your reps. They're the ones that slave away so you can pad your wallet. Cydcor only cares about the people at the top, the grunts at the bottom don't matter at all. Even the regional conferences are designed to keep the new people as long as possible, going over the same things over and over.

When I was in Cydcor, I was mostly blind to all of this. I considered myself a top performer and that's why I stayed. However, most people aren't cut out for this, but they stick with it based on false hopes and dreams that (sadly) won't happen. I'm a huge believer in a performance based business, I've been a big sports fan my entire life and I think it's a great way to live one's life. Thankfully, most other sales jobs are like this! Something that Cydcor doesn't want you to believe. I found another job shortly after my time at Cydcor with another company with a great culture, actual (!) benefits, a 40 hour work week, a solid base pay, and commission on top of that. When all's said in done, I should be making close to 3 times what I was making at Cydcor - just in base pay. If you're reading this and still employed at Cydcor I give you one simple piece of advice: get out. Regardless of what they say, the grass is certainly greener on the other side.

"I Feel Lucky to Work Here!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In just my first couple of months, this has already been one of the best work experiences of my life. I love everyone on my team and beyond. The work is challenging, and there is a company wide focus on learning and growth, which I appreciate. The company is all about transparency and communication, and team members actively do what they can to help each other succeed. I honestly can't imagine why someone would want to leave here, and I understand why so many of the people I have met have been here so long.

Incredible and supportive people
    Fantastic culture
    Beautiful facility with lots of outdoor spaces and onsite gym
    Solid benefits, including 401K, Life Insurance for self and spouse, flex spend, paid community service day etc.
    Fun perks - free snacks and drinks, social hour every Friday, team building, standing desks, etc.
    Lots of opportunity for development and growth
    Well structured and organized
    Focused on personal success

Cons

Very few cons for me:
    PPO insurance is too expensive
    No onsite daycare
    Sometimes there are too many meetings so time management can get tricky

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Consider offering a paid education benefit to compliment the "student mentality" concept.

"Love coming to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I love the people I work with, the pay is good, and the opportunity for growth is exponential as long as you work hard. The office space is beautiful, large, airy, modern, and fun. All of this, plus the amount of support you get daily, makes me excited to come into work everyday.

Cons

For me, living near downtown LA, makes the commute long. I wish it wasn't all the way in Agoura Hills, but the job is so amazing that it's worth the commute for me. Although for others... if you live in the valley the commute isn't bad at all.

Advice to Management

Personally, I would love to have Cydcor be a little closer to the central LA area. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing!!

"The biggest joke in the business world"

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

This company is the biggest joke in the world. If you don't make your company enough money you're gone. No matter how hard you work it means nothing if the owner doesn't have money in their pocket. They will give any human with a pulse and 10 grand their own "company."

Cons

Everything about cydcor is a giant con. I would tell everybody I know and everybody in the world do not work for any business that associates with cydcor. Every position they hire for is 100% Commission.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be shut down all of your " businesses ".

"Amazing Advancement Opportunities"

Current Employee - National Account Manager
    Current Employee - National Account Manager

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started working with Cydcor about 6 years ago right out of college. I have held multiple positions and have worked my way up through this amazing company. When I graduated college I knew I wanted to work at a place where I would be challenged to be my best and have the support to grow. My peers at Cydcor have pushed me and supported me everyday. I just recently took on a new position as a remote team member. I love everything this company has to offer; amazing culture, huge grow potential, and support from everyone. I can't wait to see what 2017 has in store for me.

Cons

At Cydcor we work very hard to get the results we want to see. Sometimes this entails working past the normal hours of a 9-5 job. This isn't for everybody, but I never was looking for a clock in and clock out type of position. I was looking for a career.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The support and friendly culture are just a few reasons why I love working at Cydcor!

"scam"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

Pros

nothing to be honest.
    if you wanna waste your time then start working for them.

Cons

worst place to work.
    no benefits.
    low salary for a lot of work.
    if you wanna waste your time then start working for them.
    didn't even pay me my last paycheck.

"Best of the Best"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

The people at Cydcor truly care for the people that they create opportunities for. There is not a more dedicated group of individuals striving towards a common goal.

Cons

The only con is that we are not a billion dollar company yet.

"Amazing place to grow and great development!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this place. As my first full-time gig out of college, I was welcomed and given the right tools to develop myself personally and professionally. The connections I have made are life-long. There is room for growth. Not to mention, the office has a gym, fully stocked kitchen with snacks (healthy AND unhealthy) and cereal bar. There are always visitors and the office is very lively. The exec team is always working to make the employees happy. What is also awesome is the access lower level employees have to the exec team. It is not very often a company offers that.

Cons

Some people are overworked and stressed and you can tell. I can see this is getting better in the last few months and people are starting to cool down a little with their workloads.
    Compensation is a bit lower than average, but the full benefits we get makes up for it.