Cydcor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Gary A. Polson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • very Google-esque work environment (in 13 reviews)

• Good way to break the fear of cold door to door selling (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • it was a field door-to door seller job (in 12 reviews)

• Working in any sort of weather and being 100% commission can be stressful at first (in 10 reviews)

1. "Run"

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Gym on site
    - Free Snacks, cereal and soft drinks in kitchen
    - Motivational or self improvement type training by company folks who been at the company for some time (Since they are not unbiased outside trainers this could also be looked at as a con)
    - I'll give the company credit for "operation smile" activities.

Cons

- More politics and brown nosing than work
    - HR trying to improve things but since no one really speaks the truth (politics) the real problem will never get solved.
    - Try to brainwash employees into drinking the cool-aid at every company meeting and in self improvement training preaching the "Cydcor way" which is also embedded into the training they do on sales people in the field.
    - IT culture is to manage up instead of manage down. Overall company culture is like a sales cult. It is a mixture of two bad flu medicines being taken to cure cancer.
    - Company is excellent at sales and marketing hence you will see glowing reviews and brilliant propaganda in many sites to mislead an incoming recruit. Advise new recruits to not put much weight into any curated propaganda on their web sites and just weight the job requirements for what they are.

"The Sky's the Limit"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent potential for personal and professional growth.
    Open and friendly work space - not a typical corporate structure.
    Amazing company culture - everyone truly values what they do and challenges themselves to provide the client and field with their absolute best.

Cons

Starting pay could be more competitive, but if you're willing to invest your time, potential for growth and pay is definitely there. Also, Cydcor's benefits plan is excellent with matching 401k's and a number of insurance policies to choose from.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - moral in the office and field is great.

"If you have a family, values, or a brain.. run away."

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot about sales and marketing. You also learn how a lot of selling techniques. People are generally friendly. You can make money fast for the most part.

Cons

PYRAMID SCHEME. The end. You will spend more than you make. You have to use your car and all of your time. 12-14 hour days. Required to work saturdays if you don’t meet standard. I was driving over 500 miles a week.

They don’t tell you anything about sales. They play it as if it’s a administrative or consulting job. They say they use the “google” approach for office atmosphere.. it’s really not even close. The office I worked for was old, run down, carpets were stained and the walls were dirty. It was a “new” office and I started just after it opened. In a month I counted 17 new hires. 3 stayed. They never even talk about the ones who just don’t come back..

They sell you on having you own a business and running a “company”. They tell you how managers make 6 figures. When your first paycheck for 60+ hours of work is less then $400.

They leave a lot out. They talk of conferences and all this travel. The conferences are about 300-500 people. (A real legit conference is usually over 5000) they put it on themselves and then basically set them up so they can further brainwash you. You aren’t helping anyone but the managers. They make 2x the commission you do, and all the bonus’ etc that they say you’ll get? I never saw one..

The county I worked in required anyone selling door to door to carry a permit. When I asked for a copy of ours to carry I was blown off, bought Starbucks and then went with my manager to close some deals, in which she SPLIT her double commission with me. (Hush money) I knew at that point to not ask, make money, and find another job.

Overall. It’s good for a short period of time. Get in and out before you catch on to what’s really going on.

Advice to Management

Stop lying. Be honest. Most people wouldn’t care. But your giving yourself a horrible name by tricking people. You’re making good money. Try spreading the wealth a bit.

"In-House Review"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team environment, everyone has been so welcoming and willing to help everyone regardless of which department you are in. It is awesome seeing all of the diverse departments come together to achieve common company goals.

Cons

Working with others is a must. If you like to do everything solo you will find yourself swimming in circles. We want to build everyone up to their highest potential, and learning how to work with others is a lot of how we can do this. We want to understand where your opportunities are and how to get you there.

Advice to Management

In my department my manager has been great. She's helped me adapt to a new surrounding and is always open to teaching me new skills.

"Corporate trainer"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People need to understand that this job is not easy it takes a lot of hard work and dedication but with that being said what job worth doing is easy. This job is a management training program you definitely have your up and downs but they give you everything you need to succeed and if you put the work in time into the job then you will succeed you determine your paycheck you determine how fast you move up in the company. It is a pyramid like structure but that's why they are so successful not just anybody's going to get in the top it's the people that work the hardest and make the most out of their day that are going to make it to the top faster. I started out as an account executive in the field yes it is door-to-door and I am now a corporate trainer and yes I am still training and going door-to-door but I'm also making anywhere between $900 and $1,400 a week because I put the time in and I am working on building a team and getting promoted to assistant manager. That's when you become more than just commission because you have earned it. They do not brainwash you they simply just give you the tools you need to succeed and it's up to you to do it they weed out the good in the bad that's way if you're weak and you don't have it in you you're not going to make it to management if you can't survive the field. It's not that bad and they make it a lot of fun they have a lot of business trips they compensate you very well if you put the work in and they have a lot of perks that come along with the job as well. I have been here for about 6 months and I do not regret working here this is the biggest opportunity I've ever come across and I have two degrees and came from the medical field. I took a pay cut to work here but it's because I can advance move up and make a huge living and career off of it.

Cons

Working in any sort of weather and being 100% commission can be stressful at first. Once you get the hang of it and learn to manage your money you're good to go.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You know you have a company that is absolutely brilliant and effective.

"Great Atmosphere, Awesome Place to learn"

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Coming out of college I was so nervous to move into a "real career." I graduated with my degree in promotional communications & any job in my direct field required 2 years minimum of work experience (even entry level!)

My favorite part about Cydcor when I first started out was that they cared about my drive and ability to be personable more than the degree I held and experience I had.

I started off learning business-to-business sales, account management, and was trained fully on leadership.

After 7 months of high-performance and exemplary leadership I was promoted into human resources and after a year of working here I now head the human resources department.

I couldn't be more grateful for the mentorship, networking, opportunity, and supportive atmosphere that is set in place with Cydcor

Cons

Been here a year and i have none at this time.. will update if needed.

Advice to Management

To Gary & management team:
     Keep up the great work, you've helped instill the confidence I needed and taught me skills that are going to help me start up my brand management business. I couldn't be more grateful.

"Good Free Learning Cydcor is a Ubrella Company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to learn sales skills for free
    You get to wear a suit everyday
    You get great friends and networks
    And it's fun as hell great fun work environment

Cons

Now this honestly kills it all I apologize
    But you don't pay your employees properly
    You lie about your sales funnel
    Aka LOA
    And the sale striant being free but honestly is just basic
    Fun for just out of college or even high school for a couple months but not a career.

This isn't a only 1% make it MLM and 99% do it's a 0.00001% make it MLM and that's just bad odds which means only one thing bad business model for the empolyees great for the company or for you.

Advice to Management

Get your sister companies doing all the same stuff and also make sure you don't lie to your staff because you do.

Finally to improve your success hire interns and coop students and give them cash bonuses but for thouse who are actually doing this as a job full time base salary plus commission. Thanks

"Much to Improve On"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has a greats sales system in place
    Generally supportive sales peers
    Commissions are paid out on time without issue

Cons

The job is completely in the field regardless of weather (i.e. door to door)
    The salary is completely commission based
    Will hire anyone willing to work
    Misleading job postings as "Marketing" "Public Relations" or "Management Trainee Program"
    Work week can be 60+ a week all commission based

Advice to Management

Stop hiring anyone that walks in the door
    Stop posting misleading job postings
    Provide something other than a commission structure

"The Simple Truth"

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

other hard driven individuals and good learning skills to then take and use at a REAL job/career.

Cons

it is a pyramid scheme. there are no ifs ands or buts. you start off as a trainee with a small base pay and when you are sent to the "field" it is door to door or business to business or sitting at a shopping center doing cold call selling. your "leads" are just addresses of people who are eligible for whatever product your manager is working for and no they do not know you are coming. it is full commission so if you have a bad week. oh well. they leave you with a bare minimum pay. it will take more out of your wallet than you put in. please please please be careful when looking into companies that fall under this umbrella

10. "Amazing Sales Training - The perfect entry level sales job"

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

I credit my time spent selling with Cydcor as setting me up for success with my current sales profession. The training and experience was a trial by fire, as it is a 100% commission and learn by doing opportunity, with phenomenal co-workers and support.

Cons

It is 100% commission, if you don't sell you don't make money. Nothing is guaranteed. That's why I only recommend it as an entry level position. I saw too many good natured people with children at home struggle to make a consistent income, and try to stay on for longer than they should have, due to the culture of motivating. Also the amount of travel was insane, multiple sales "road trips" ranging from a week to 2 weeks in length.