Cygilant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Cygilant Co-Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer Vijay Basani
Vijay Basani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Company culture is moving into the right direction to a more positive environment and transparency is very evident at all levels" (in 6 reviews)

• "Great product and service offering for our customers in a booming industry" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lots of change, would like to know more about 2019 growth plans" (in 2 reviews)

• "No entertainment activities work pressure no work life balance" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Growing and Focused"

I have been working at Cygilant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product. Great new leadership brought on board. Culture is revamped and mission is clear. There is something special starting to percolate - you can just feel it. The company is ready to take off. It’s a great landing spot for seasoned veterans - as well as fresh out of school newbies looking to make a visible impact on a growing business.

Cons

Lots of change, would like to know more about 2019 growth plans. More team outings. More perks for over performance.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and continue to THINK BIG. The product and leadership have what it takes to make this a home run.

"not a home run job"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Cygilant (Less than a year)

Pros

great working environment with extremely friendly sales staff.

Cons

underperforming sales due to the offerings. Felt like the SaaS offerings were a dime a dozen.

Advice to Management

changing the name wont make that big of a difference

3. "Account Executive"

Pros

Great people, lots of young people starting sales career
    Good service,

Cons

No real brand within the market place
    Tough sell with lots of competition

"Revamped, refocused, and well-positioned to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cygilant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management- the core group of leadership consists of seasoned professionals that have been introduced incrementally and deliberately to execute Cygilant's refined focus on leading the pack of Managed Security Service Providers and growing the brand. The door to the CEO's office is always open and there is a genuine feeling of collaboration across the different departments.

Resources- the newest round of investment has been directed inward to support the sustainable growth of the organization. Resources in the form of training and development for management and the sales org are already impacting the company

Culture- people see the opportunity to be a part of something and have a hand in growing a company in line with what one would expect from a startup culture. I say "startup culture" because as a company, we have pivoted away from Software to focus specifically on the managed services space. It feels like a new, hungry company and the fresh talent pouring into the organization has a positive, invigorating impact overall. Work hard, play hard, repeat.

Cons

The company skews in favor of Sales operations and some departments are starting to feel squeezed for time.

Like most high-growth companies in the tech space, changes in direction (mostly originating from the top with the investors) have forced the leadership to make some tough decisions. i.e., trimming the low-performers and making sure that expansion is sustainable. As a small company, it was hard to see so many people leave.

The Sales team is the most visible, and arguably the most impacted, by direction and decisions coming down from the board. If you do your job, you're fine. Yes, you have to call prospects as a sales person. Yes, you have metrics and expectations....but that's why they pay you. Cygilant is not a place to just show up Monday through Friday and collect a paycheck. This is a high-growth company and is not for those wanting to stay below the radar.

Advice to Management

Make sure you continue to communicate with your Sales Team about opportunities to grow and develop and keep investing in your talent.

More flexibility in work hours for those who are performing would be welcomed.

"QA analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Cygilant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

competing environment to work, friendly co-employees, weekend holidays

Cons

no relaxing time given, corporate gossips, no compensations

Advice to Management

Nothing

"Had a great vision, not so much anymore"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Cygilant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the time that I officially left the company - nothing.

Cons

Management loves to micromanage, don't focus on quality only quantity, promote the wrong people, no help or guidance or any training. Hired a slew of unqualified candidates.

Advice to Management

Hire good people and keep them! Invest in your employees.

""We will run this company like the military'"

I worked at Cygilant full-time

Pros

Met some great people who like me no longer work here

Cons

Ok where to start. I was let go along with 5 other ppl all on the same day. They fired about 15 people from August '16 to January '17 and the firings have just gotten worse. I was let go without any warning along with the other 5 ppl and it was truly a shock to all of us. Before we were let go the CEO met with us and stated that he was going to start running the company like "the military" and put in place a mandatory 10hr work day. The managers started walking around and listening to your calls and the name of the game here is MICROMANAGEMENT. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They treat their employees like garbage and I am willing to bet they see a lot more negative reviews like this in the future. This company is going down the tubes and your best bet is to stay far away.

Advice to Management

You all should be the ones who were fired.

""Prison like mentality""

I worked at Cygilant full-time

Pros

Couple pros are the location of the office and location of the office

Cons

Terrible work environment that has little training to the employees. The sales staff has the HIGHEST TURNOVER IN THE CITY OF BOSTON. The reason is lack of competent management. I would tell my worst enemy let alone my best friend to never work here as its a dark place to work for

Advice to Management

Change all upper management and train people and focus on the long term not short term because the product is decent.

"Don't trust these reviews"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Cygilant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will work with some great people. The office location is awesome.

Cons

Management is terrible. Little to no training. There is absolutely no promoting within ( I have seen it happen twice) EXTREMELY high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

The last three reviews are clearly written by management ("at the moment" used in two of them none of the sales team talks like that). Instead of firing employees invest in them, there is a reason no one is hitting quota!

"Working with a like-minded team"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cygilant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small enough to make an impact on the company and large enough to feel the impact that you’re making globally. The security space is on the rise, you see a new data breach in the news every day, and it’s rewarding to help combat these criminals. The culture and location are great. We’re in the heart of Boston!

Cons

No 401k match is the only thing that comes to mind at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people. Listen to their ideas and continue to promote from within.