CynergisTek Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 30, 2018

2.6
Mac McMillan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This is a growing company that has experienced some growing pains, but things have settled and there is tremendous opportunity here" (in 5 reviews)

• "You get yearly bonuses and mileage reimbursement for all of your trips" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "The HR department is split between the two HQs" (in 3 reviews)

• "Goals- Since the company was acquired, unrealistic and unattainable goals have been put in place without any metrics to substantiate them" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Growing Firm"

Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company with great potential

Cons

The company need to work on benefits packages to attract and retain great talent.

Advice to Management

Support your team

2. "N/A"

I worked at CynergisTek full-time

Pros

Great place for an entry-level technician.

Cons

Leadership does not have a clear understanding of the day to day operations.

"New Management is Failing"

Current Employee - Service Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Service Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good solutions, competent co-workers, exciting industry.

Cons

New COO flailing and failing after a year, with zero progress, doesn't have a clue about how to grow the company.

Advice to Management

Get past the hype and ego, and start delivering results.

"Sales"

I worked at CynergisTek full-time

Pros

Good marketing approach and security solutions both focused and targeted.

Cons

Extremely high expectations delivering big revenue for low end pay scales, perks and benefits. Self serving and rude control freaks.

"Used to be a great place to work..."

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time

Pros

Work from home flexibility for remote teams; Company offers to pay for certification and training (though can be difficult to justify)

Cons

What once was a great company to work for has completely gone down the drain in the last couple of years (see the rating trend here for evidence). Now, the only thing the executive and management team cares about is the stock holders and stock price. Employees are expendable and are only valued if you can bring in more money for them. They haven’t listened to the growing number of concerns from their “valued” employees, and as a result morale continues to fall and most people are either considering or actively looking for another job. Yet, the executive team still treats the workforce like a bunch of complaining children instead of realizing how far they’re driving the company into the ground. The cheesy initiatives they've tried to implement to help morale do nothing to solve the real issues.

Not even the loss of several (what we all thought were) valued long-term employees has signaled to the executive team that something is amiss. Instead they blame those employees or just pretend like nothing happened, which only shows those still at the company how we will be treated and how valued we actually are.

After the merger, the executive team refused to go outside of the two companies or fairly evaluate internal resources when determining who would be placed into mid- or upper-level management roles. As a result, many people who placed into roles where they had very little or even no experience but were seemingly “rewarded” for loyalty. Yet the executive team can’t seem to understand why certain areas are underperforming and do nothing to help solve this issue.

Benefits are a joke, especially for a company that claims to value diversity. Women: hope you don’t get pregnant because there isn’t maternity leave (well they claim there is, but it’s really just use your sick time, don’t get paid or go on short-term disability). PTO, pay, insurance, etc. do nothing to improve morale or retention and are worse all around since the merger.

We do get regular bonuses but the HR department is ineffective at communicating change or executing programs so no one seems to know how the amount is calculated or what they can do to improve their performance rating.

Advice to Management

Actually pay attention to what your employees are telling you and stop sweeping things under the rug - we’re all adults here, so just be frank with where you’ve fallen short and how you’re going to improve things. Reevaluate executive and upper-level management positions to determine if they are actually qualified to lead a company our size.

"CSR"

I worked at CynergisTek full-time

Pros

Decent pay.. employees not micromanaged

Cons

Change in leadership taking company in wrong direction

Advice to Management

Bring back Joe Flynn

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve been at CynergisTek for almost 2 years and during my time here, I’ve had the opportunity to work with a great team. There is a true sense of unity with our team and I’ve always felt supported in my role.

Since day one, I’ve been challenged to think outside the box and to utilize my creativity in my role here at CynergisTek.

As our company has grown, our leadership team has made a priority to recognize the success and achievements of team members across our organization. Building a great culture and values are important in an organization and I am lucky to be part of such a great company who values that in all that we do.

Cons

As with any growing company who is actively going through a re-organization, communication can tend to be a little slow.

8. "Not A Bad Place To Work"

I worked at CynergisTek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, promote from within

Cons

a lot of growth is based on who you know, not necessarily what you know. Pay could be a lot better for the amount of work that is expected.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are truly worth.

9. "Growing pains but moving in the right direction"

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CynergisTek over the past 1.5 years has gone through many changes. Changes in leadership (in all areas), changes in service offerings and how they present those offerings. They have struggled but are becoming a better company because of the struggle. New leadership in the executive team and human resources are making changes to improve the company. These changes are not always received well, but most of the employees understand that we are a different company since the merger and going public and change must happen. They have their eyes focused on the employees and making CynergisTek a great organization.

Cons

CynergisTek struggles with communication. Pushing the message and strategic plan from executive management to the front line employees. Leadership lacks accountability and ownership for fear of looking like the bad guy.

Advice to Management

Work on the communication plan and make sure leadership is owning their decisions.

10. "Huge Potential but lacking leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at CynergisTek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working remotely, the clients are all great to work with

Cons

Poor communication internally, lack of support for the workforce, lots of promises made with no follow through.

Advice to Management

Evaluate the structure of the company.