CynergisTek Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 10, 2019

2.7
Mac McMillan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This is a growing company that has experienced some growing pains, but things have settled and there is tremendous opportunity here" (in 5 reviews)

• "You get yearly bonuses and mileage reimbursement for all of your trips" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "HR department is not friendly or helpful in my experience" (in 4 reviews)

• "Goals- Since the company was acquired, unrealistic and unattainable goals have been put in place without any metrics to substantiate them" (in 2 reviews)

"Growing Firm"

Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company with great potential

Cons

The company need to work on benefits packages to attract and retain great talent.

Advice to Management

Support your team

2. "A changing company."

Former Employee - Regional Technical Support Representative
    Former Employee - Regional Technical Support Representative

I worked at CynergisTek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome teammates on the ground who support each other.
    Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight if you are performing well.

Cons

An increasing number of responsibilities, some of which are outside of your job description, and no additional compensation.

Benefits were reduced from an annual merit increase and two annual bonuses to only one annual bonus.

Salary is on the lower end compared to national average.

HR department is not friendly or helpful in my experience.

3. "Simple business made hard by inexperienced leadership unable to adapt but not the worst company."

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy Business
    Some nice people to work with
    Reasonable stability
    Focus on healthcare
    You will not be micro managed
    Great Potential to grow given the right leadership
    Help will be provided on when running on recovery mode

Cons

Inexperienced leadership starting from CEO.
    Somewhat dysfunctional organization
    Lack of understanding and engagement for customer needs
    Significant resistance to change
    Reactive approach rather than proactive

Advice to Management

Very hard to comprehend why the board keeps leadership in place that is not delivering results. They need better benchmarks and more insight of business practices.

4. "Regional Director"

Current Employee - Service Director
    Current Employee - Service Director

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Able to work remotely, close-knit staff, knowledgeable team, accessible supervisors

Cons

Salary slightly below area average and national average, HR corporate needs additional staff to allow faster turnaround when assistance is needed

"N/A"

I worked at CynergisTek full-time

Pros

Great place for an entry-level technician.

Cons

Leadership does not have a clear understanding of the day to day operations.

"New Management is Failing"

Current Employee - Service Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Service Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good solutions, competent co-workers, exciting industry.

Cons

New COO flailing and failing after a year, with zero progress, doesn't have a clue about how to grow the company.

Advice to Management

Get past the hype and ego, and start delivering results.

"Sales"

I worked at CynergisTek full-time

Pros

Good marketing approach and security solutions both focused and targeted.

Cons

Extremely high expectations delivering big revenue for low end pay scales, perks and benefits. Self serving and rude control freaks.

"Used to be a great place to work..."

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time

Pros

Work from home flexibility for remote teams; Company offers to pay for certification and training (though can be difficult to justify)

Cons

What once was a great company to work for has completely gone down the drain in the last couple of years (see the rating trend here for evidence). Now, the only thing the executive and management team cares about is the stock holders and stock price. Employees are expendable and are only valued if you can bring in more money for them. They haven’t listened to the growing number of concerns from their “valued” employees, and as a result morale continues to fall and most people are either considering or actively looking for another job. Yet, the executive team still treats the workforce like a bunch of complaining children instead of realizing how far they’re driving the company into the ground. The cheesy initiatives they've tried to implement to help morale do nothing to solve the real issues.

Not even the loss of several (what we all thought were) valued long-term employees has signaled to the executive team that something is amiss. Instead they blame those employees or just pretend like nothing happened, which only shows those still at the company how we will be treated and how valued we actually are.

After the merger, the executive team refused to go outside of the two companies or fairly evaluate internal resources when determining who would be placed into mid- or upper-level management roles. As a result, many people who placed into roles where they had very little or even no experience but were seemingly “rewarded” for loyalty. Yet the executive team can’t seem to understand why certain areas are underperforming and do nothing to help solve this issue.

Benefits are a joke, especially for a company that claims to value diversity. Women: hope you don’t get pregnant because there isn’t maternity leave (well they claim there is, but it’s really just use your sick time, don’t get paid or go on short-term disability). PTO, pay, insurance, etc. do nothing to improve morale or retention and are worse all around since the merger.

We do get regular bonuses but the HR department is ineffective at communicating change or executing programs so no one seems to know how the amount is calculated or what they can do to improve their performance rating.

Advice to Management

Actually pay attention to what your employees are telling you and stop sweeping things under the rug - we’re all adults here, so just be frank with where you’ve fallen short and how you’re going to improve things. Reevaluate executive and upper-level management positions to determine if they are actually qualified to lead a company our size.

"CSR"

I worked at CynergisTek full-time

Pros

Decent pay.. employees not micromanaged

Cons

Change in leadership taking company in wrong direction

Advice to Management

Bring back Joe Flynn

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve been at CynergisTek for almost 2 years and during my time here, I’ve had the opportunity to work with a great team. There is a true sense of unity with our team and I’ve always felt supported in my role.

Since day one, I’ve been challenged to think outside the box and to utilize my creativity in my role here at CynergisTek.

As our company has grown, our leadership team has made a priority to recognize the success and achievements of team members across our organization. Building a great culture and values are important in an organization and I am lucky to be part of such a great company who values that in all that we do.

Cons

As with any growing company who is actively going through a re-organization, communication can tend to be a little slow.