CynergisTek Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Mac McMillan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"I smell a rat. 😤"

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice environment to work in. Mostly friendly customers. Easy work. Steady pay/hours. Manager is very down to earth and doesn't micromanage. Very professional environment. Bi-yearly bonuses. Paid sick time.

Cons

With the new acquisition, Auxilio changes their name to the company they purchased (very fishy). We Needed special training just to learn how to pronounce the name lol. We were told that we would no longer use our normal parts vendor , So we have a new parts vendor. We sat in training with our manager to review the new vendor and they charge at least double what we used to pay for parts and toners. So why would a company switch to a more expensive parts vendor when we don't bill customers for parts? That seems to me that it will cut the company's profits which will trickle down to the employee's. I could be wrong but something strange is going on.

p.s. the CEO (Joe Flynn) resigned last month for the 2nd time. The 1st time he resigned the new company CEO almost bankrupted the company and Joe Flynn had to come back to save the company. I wonder of history will repeat itself .

Advice to Management

Please don't let this ship sink. I'm fairly new and I love working for this company, but this acquisition just doesn't make sense to me. Hopefully I'm speaking to stone or I'm too and experienced to know what's really going on.

"InfoSec"

Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at CynergisTek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medical benefits were not horrible

Cons

Management sucks, poor customer service, PMs get in the way and dont do their jobs

3. "Good Company to work for"

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work atmosphere and ambitious company.

Cons

Execution is not always on par with the ambition, but hearts are in the right place. Pay is just mediocre.

"Senior Process Analyst"

I worked at CynergisTek full-time

Pros

Auxilio allowed me to be flexible while I was going through life changes.

Cons

There wasn't much room for growth.

5. "Can't keep promises"

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great direct supervisor who helped me learn a lot about corporate life/structure.

Decent sick time

Decent benefits including extended vacation time for people there 3 years or more.

Cons

Promised annual raises in my interview which they could not deliver on.

Middle management fails to communicate with each other and the burden that creates is shouldered by the staff.

Advice to Management

Value your employees as they are the face of your company. This is a customer service field but the focus isn't on helping the customer.

"Used to be a great place to work."

I worked at CynergisTek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small but growing company. Wonderful people. Great and honest CEO. Except for the new management from the recent acquisition of CynergisTek, the prior management is generally honest.

Cons

The recent acquisition of CynergisTek brought in new management, a very different culture, and a series of layoffs.
    The security consulting business is very much clique-oriented. You must be ex-military to be in the inner circle.
    Employee cost of health benefits is outrageously expensive.

Advice to Management

Figure out if you want to be a security consulting company or a print services provider.
    Determine if you want a diverse and inclusive culture like you used to have or a top-down directed culture like that of CynergisTek.

7. "Full Time Employee"

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Remote work, good pay and benefits, very talented and knowledgeable staff

Cons

There are no individual career paths established and internal staff are not given an opportunity to apply for open positions. New positions just appear to be filled. The job requires a lot of extra hours to meet expectations, but Work/Life balance could be better with better planning and more resources.

Advice to Management

Bringing in new talent is a good thing, but don't assume you know all the talents of your existing staff. Making decisions behind the scenes to select staff for positions does not go over well. Internal staff should be given a chance to apply for new positions too and better themselves when opportunities exist, otherwise they will eventually take their talents somewhere else.

"Have to take the bad with the good"

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone works with the interest of the client in mind. There is a lot of collaborative work done to ensure the clients get the best service. There is a lot of comradery amongst the employees. There are two offices in Austin for those who do not work remotely like many of us do.

Cons

The recent acquisition has caused for a loss of many things to the employees:
    -Health benefits used to be provided at no cost to employees
    -401k match was lowered from 6% to 4%
    -Performance appraisal raises are gone for the year, and are rare in general. I don’t make anymore than what I was hired at 2.5 years ago.
    -New vacation policy put in place in a way to not allow employees to take vacation until earning time off and no ability to take time off ahead of accrual.
    -Used to get the week in-between Christmas and New Year’s off paid, not anymore
    -Maternity/paternity was reduced to 1 day paid.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they might stay with the company longer. Provide training for new consultants vs a trial by fire approach.

9. "Happy to be part of a great company!"

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time

Pros

Cynergistek is an industry leader in healthcare information security. Employees are very collaborative and there is a general environment of doing the right thing for the client and becoming a valued resource.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that finding and training resources can be challenging and with a recent acquistion, newer consultants are required to learn a lot on their own without a lot of direction. In addition, consultants are required to travel quite a bit, so that may be a consideration for some.

Advice to Management

Continue to formalize processes, continue to hire qualified people and allow managers to manage and be more strategic vs. trying to manage and also being consultants.

10. "Customer Service Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Mission Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Mission Viejo, CA

I have been working at CynergisTek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

fast paced tech savvy company with innovative ideas, and plenty of advancement potential.

Cons

With such rapid growth, sometimes the overworked get overlooked.