KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cynergy Reviews

Updated Feb 15, 2022

Found 38 of over 40 reviews

3.9
Cynergy President Carson Hager (no image)
Carson Hager

McKinsey & Company

130 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "day work was perfectly reasonable and enjoyable and the people I worked with regularly were very intelligent and absolutely passionate about doing their job right while still being incredibly personable.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Amazing culture, never a dull moment(in 4 reviews)
  • "No corporate BS (meetings, politics, needless middle management)(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Work environment

Dec 2, 2020 - Data Entry in Kansas City, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice staff, flexible hours and good work environment.

Cons

Some of the work can be monotonous

2. 4.0

tech support

Feb 15, 2022 - Tech Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

its a great place to start

Cons

pay not as great but still a place to start

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work

Jan 15, 2019 - Network Administrator in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Top employees and management. Great place

Cons

None. It was a great place to work.

4. 3.0

Beware Founder Culture

Sep 11, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of energy and spirit.

Cons

Culture needed a lot of work.

5. 4.0

Great times.

Apr 18, 2017 - Vice President in DC Ranch, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

A really talented group of people that were really focused on their craft and doing great work. Will definitely keep track of many of these people throughout my career.

Cons

Ultimately, the focus on the craft to the detriment of having any kind of culture around sales lead to a downturn. It got crazy towards the end but it worked out well for many people that got career paths they never would have had access to at Cynergy with the acquisition.

6. 3.0

Technician

Oct 19, 2016 - Technician in Duluth, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy work and good for beginners

Cons

no projects no work so be prepared for loosing a work in future. find something while you are making $$

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Was a truly magical place

Jun 22, 2016 -  in Germantown, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible talent, creativity, passion and dedication to great digital user experiences. Offices were vibrant, pay was competitive, energy was palpable.

Cons

Many, many things changed after the acquisition. Former owner of the company had serious personal issues, many of which led to the downfall of a truly great place to work.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Cynergy Review

Mar 14, 2016 -  in Lawrenceville, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Have lot of other opportunities within Cynergy

Cons

None that I can think of

9. 4.0

Work Hard, Play Hard

Feb 11, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company was one of the most impactful, innovating agencies I've ever seen. Most likely you use many apps they've designed or developed and don't know it.

Cons

Long hours, high expectations. It's not a job for people without a strong work ethic.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Acquisition changed everything.

Dec 8, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The day-to-day work was perfectly reasonable and enjoyable and the people I worked with regularly were very intelligent and absolutely passionate about doing their job right while still being incredibly personable. We shipped good projects that solved problems well, and we could be proud of that work.

Cons

I heard stories from the early days of the company that management once backed up their employees when jobs and situations turned south, but around the time I arrived the suits had fallen in love with big projects and big clients to the exclusion of the smaller jobs that paid the bills (and consequently the need to appease those big clients at all costs), which led directly to the KPMG acquisition; if you don't hit home runs often enough, you can't sustain a small company. After the acquisition the emphasis on big projects continued, and while many of us came around on it there was a lot of brain drain in the year after the buyout. The worst part was that the new overlords caught the ear of existing management and hampered efforts more than they helped. Specifically, part of the year-end evaluations of management-level KPMG employees comes directly from the business they generate for other parts of KPMG, which led to a lot of projects for internal customers or unnecessary add-on projects for clients that didn't really need them, which was antithetical to Cynergy's way of doing business. We used to be excited about solving a problem! Now we were just "one of the many fine products" to be sold, so to speak. There was a lot of talk from KPMG during the first year about listening to Cynergy's way of doing software (which KPMG knew nothing about) but not a lot of following through on that talk; too much trying to shoehorn an accountant's workflow into an agile software development process. The project estimation was a joke (management wanted tech leads to file updated estimates once a project was in progress so the paperwork showed we were on target even when we went over) and the already-small QA department shriveled up pretty much once management offshored most of the work (because they were personally financially incentivized to do so!) over the objections of pretty much all regular employees that I talked to.

5 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews

Cynergy Reviews FAQs

Cynergy has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 40 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Cynergy to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cynergy employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cynergy. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

74% of Cynergy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cynergy 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cynergy to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be compensation, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Cynergy Job Seekers