Cytel Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Cytel Inc Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2019

Found 58 reviews

3.7
Cytel Inc CEO Joshua Schultz  (no image)
Joshua Schultz
  1. "Very Smooth Hiring Process"

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time

Pros

To be updated. Will be on boarding next month. So far very satisfied. Will come back later to post.

Cons

Not anything to say right now. Maybe will find something later, maybe not at all.

Advice to Management

Nice recruiter. Very friendly manager and on boarding HR support team. Warm colleagues.

Cytel Inc2018-09-28

"Great place to work and career advancement!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been at Cytel a few years and I've seen the company move in a positive direction. It is a great company to grow your career as the company keeps growing and more opportunities are opening up for career advancement. The benefits are top notch, some highlights are 401k with match and affordable health insurance and dental. The salaries seem to be around market rate for the industry.

Cons

Company has grown but some departments are lacking headcount needed to help with work/life balance of current employees. The annual bonus is below market rate. Doesn't seem to be any reason behind how much they give you.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company and hiring great employees to help some of the departments that are understaffed. Work on making the annual bonus more comparable to other similar companies, as well as making the employee know why they were given that amount, i.e performance, percentage of salary.

Cytel Inc2018-06-01
  3. "SAS Programmer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, good perks, and friendly people.

Cons

None I can think of.

Cytel Inc2018-05-29

"Senior Statistical Programmer"

Current Employee - Senior Statistical Programmer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time

Pros

Great company to work. Great coworkers and upper Management. Lot of opportunities to grow and they care for their employees .Good benefits.Extremely flexible work hours.

Cons

Need to have an office in RTP NC. They don’t promote themselves much even though they have one of the most talented employees.

Advice to Management

Please open an office in RTP NC

Cytel Inc2017-11-23

Cytel Inc Response

November 30, 2017HR and Communications

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Cytel and for your input. As the company continues to grow, we regularly explore possibilities of additional locations. Input like yours is helpful and will be taken into account. Do look out for internal communication when a suitable ...

"Small Company Feel, Big Company Benefits"

Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been a the company for over 5 years now and it's the best company I have every worked at. We are now approaching a mid-size company with 700+ employees worldwide, but it still has a great community feel. Everyone is encouraged to speak up if there are issues and often they are heard. Much different from the "cog in the machine" feel that I've had at other companies. Plenty of growth opportunities in... all departments as well as cross-department shifts as the company keeps expanding. Having a strong positive work environment is paramount. It really feels like customers AND employees come first. It's been a wonderful experience.

Cons

Just the normal ebb and flow of pharmaceutical contract research. Sometimes the workload gets heavy, but that is to be expected.

Advice to Management

Need a bit more infrastructure to have consistency across training/onboarding process.

Cytel Inc2017-07-06
  6. "Director"

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility , growth etc

Cons

small company , somethings are not well -orgainized but all other PROs would outweigh these minor things

Cytel Inc2017-05-15
  7. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company generally cares about its employees. Good company to grow your career with. Seems to be a new promotion almost everyday. Great work environment and culture. Great pay and benefits. Work life balance is good for most and the company is very flexible when it comes to your hours. (some departments are understaffed however) Company is growing fast. Little turnover rate which speaks to how well employees... are treated here.

Cons

Paid once monthly which is hard to get used to for some US employees since most companies in the US get paid bi-weekly. Some departments are stretched thin and more employees are needed.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing. Most employees are happy with the culture at Cytel. Maybe perhaps look into filling holes in some departments where more headcount is needed.

Cytel Inc2017-04-24
  8. "Recruitment Coordinator"

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time

Pros

Cytel is a wonderful place to work! There is a bunch of opportunity for growth! The culture is happy and positive! I feel very lucky to work for such a great organization.

Cons

I have no negative feedback

Cytel Inc2017-01-24
  9. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company does good work, and provides great jobs. Treats everyone fairly. There is no politics. Employees are respected, and their opinions are sought out.

Cons

Fast-paced environment, in which you have to work hard and be flexible as to what your job is.

Advice to Management

Figure out more of how to be "A Great Company to Work For", which the management always talks about.

Cytel Inc2016-12-15
  10. "Great Company, Great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Cytel Inc full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work with talented, well educated people who all come together to reach company goals. Not bureaucratic, has small company vibe though growing rapidly.

Cons

Growing rapidly, with it comes a certain level of growing pains

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Cytel Inc2016-12-13