Cytokinetics Reviews

Robert I. Blum
  1. "Best !"

Current Employee - Scientist II

I have been working at Cytokinetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent place to work

Cons

None that I can think off

January 13, 2020Human Resources

We’re glad you enjoy being a member of the Cytokinetics community. Your dedication is what helps fulfill our mission and reach our ambitions goals. We are all looking forward to a year of great opportunity and being on the precipice of delivering on our promises of bringing novel medicines to patients.

"BEWARE: Stay away!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Individual Contributor in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cytokinetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some nice people, occasional events and free lunch on Wednesdays

Cons

Members of the leadership team that have around for over 20 years seem to lack reasonable accountability and would rather degrade their teams and direct reports instead of taking ultimate ownership over their inability to lead. It is hard to work at a company where management does not trust their employees. Watch your back if you come here.

October 11, 2019Human Resources

We’re disappointed to hear about your experience, especially your concerns about the senior leadership team. We believe the management team upholds our values of Integrity & Respect, and Goals & Accountability but understand that you had a different experience. We hope that you were able to share your concerns with your manager and HR to enable us to share the feedback with management.

3. "Sr. Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cytokinetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good tools and technology used for the application development.

Cons

only few people work in software teams

April 26, 2019Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re glad you valued our commitment to applied technology in your time with us. As a smaller company, we know our teams can be “lean and mean,” however we continuously evaluate where our work force should be expanded as we advance our pipeline and evolve to a commercial stage biotech.

4. "Culture is great"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Cytokinetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It’s a small sized company with a great pipeline. I like that I know everyone and people seem to care about each other. The company has fun activities like themed beer busts, company picnic, giants baseball game, holiday party, and community events.

Cons

We don’t have some of the amenities like the newer buildings do but I heard we are looking to move in a couple years to a new building that offers it.

March 12, 2019Human Resources

We’re pleased to hear that you enjoy our culture and employee events. We believe that being able to enjoy time with coworkers helps develop bonds and create an energized, connected community. We’re excited for more fun events to come this year!

5. "Nice company"

4.0

I have been working at Cytokinetics full-time

Pros

Good working environment, nice people

Cons

Need to build more platforms to be competitive

July 24, 2018Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your experience, it’s great to hear that you enjoy working here. We agree we have some pretty great people on our team. We are focused on our future and expanding our pipeline, and before the end of the year we will be advancing three new muscle biology directed compounds from research to development.

"A great company to work for if you are 'all in'"

Current Employee - Director in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cytokinetics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been at CK for over 10 years and have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. It is a job that will continuously challenge and stretch your abilities, but there is ample opportunity to have great impact on your surroundings. Leadership is very strong at CK, and most of the people in the company share a common phenotype of very intelligent, hard working, and very helpful and collaborative

Cons

The biggest downside to working at CK is continually having too much on your plate at once. It is sometimes difficult for me to spend enough time on any given effort, since there is often many simultaneous competing demands on my time.

April 5, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for your dedication and commitment to Cytokinetics, it is this shared passion and drive that makes our culture special. We’re pleased to hear that over the past 10 years you’ve had the opportunity to be challenged and grow your career. We do recognize that we ask a lot of our employees because we know that success in biotech requires extraordinary dedication. However, if you’re feeling overextended or that you do not have the bandwidth to maintain the standard of work you take pride in, please speak with your manager or HR to address expectations and work/life balance. A two way dialog is essential to finding this equilibrium.

"Toxic Culture"

1.0

I worked at Cytokinetics

Pros

'Fun community' primarily due to positive relationships fostered onsite.

Cons

The company is stuck in the noughts. 'Innovation, open dialogue, integrity & respect, goals & accountability, work/life balance, professional growth' are not a thing at Cytokinetics.

April 2, 2018Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your perspective and wish your experience at Cytokinetics was more positive. We take great pride in our culture and with an average tenure over 5 years, we believe our employees embrace it as well. We hope you gave us the opportunity to respond to your concerns while at Cytokinetics, as we are always open to feedback and recognize the need to listen and improve. We hope you have found a culture that is better aligned with your needs and expectations.

8. "Great Company and coworkers but expect a bit of chaos"

5.0

I have been working at Cytokinetics for less than a year

Pros

I have a lot of respect for my coworkers. Most go above and beyond typical job descriptions to ensure the job gets done correctly and ethically. The company is actually interested in putting forth the best science, and budgets are fair. Management is the most transparent of any company I have every worked for.

Cons

It is a small company, so sometimes it feels a little disorganized when pushing for tight (and sometimes unrealistic) timelines. Embrace a bit of chaos, get your part done and you will be fine.

February 26, 2018Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we very much appreciate it. We’re glad to hear about your positive experience at the company. Setting challenging goals is an important cultural value here at Cytokinetics, because we believe it’s required for success in our unique and challenging business. Some would argue a little chaos is a good thing!

"Step into the 21st century"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cytokinetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free employee lunch on Wednesday's.

Cons

No tele commuting, management needs a major over haul, too many directors live the motto it has been done this way for over 16 years!

January 8, 2018Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re disappointed to hear about your discontent. We do have high expectations for our employees, but we also aim to ensure that hard work and dedication are recognized and rewarded. We do have a formal Flexible Work Options Policy that does include consideration of working remotely. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR for a more in-depth conversation.

10. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cytokinetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cytokinetics is very committed to the community with ample opportunities for community service throughout the year. They are equally committed to the patient populations we are developing treatments for.

Cons

Not all areas are as collaborative as they could be.

October 6, 2017Human Resources

We’re happy to hear that you appreciate our commitment to patients and the communities we serve. We’d love to hear more regarding your feedback on collaboration, and encourage you to reach out directly to a member of the HR team.

Found 23 reviews