D+H 341 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gerrard Schmid

Pros
  • Encouraged to work from home - focus is on getting the job done - not where you do it (in 19 reviews)

• Work/life balance with ability to work remotely (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Rumors have it that D&H is positioning the company for sale (in 32 reviews)

• While this company was HFS,work life balance was top priority (in 12 reviews)

1. "Cherry Picker"

Former Employee - Cherry Picker in Romeoville, IL
    Former Employee - Cherry Picker in Romeoville, IL

I worked at D+H full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family based company whetr there as one

Cons

The starting times conflicts with your life

Advice to Management

Keep on with your communication with employees

2. "Difficult Work/Life Balance, No Advancement"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Mequon, WI
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Mequon, WI

I worked at D+H full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- D+H offers fair benefits.
    - Compensation is average for the Milwaukee area.
    - Employees are outfitted with good hardware.
    - PTO policy is generous (4 weeks to start)
    - Tech stack is interesting, and the company is investing in further development

Cons

- Very small QA team was placed on a mandatory weekend and weeknight on-call rotation, for which employees are regularly called in
    - Lack of advancement opportunities - senior management pushes back on QA drive to improve test automation or develop additional technical skills
    - QA/dev assets overseas fall under a different reporting structure, eliminating accountability for overseas dev/QA
    - Dev/QA frequently overcommitted, and despite assuring teams that they are practicing "agile" teams have no autonomy and management frequently anchors and drives decisions during scrum ceremonies

"A great company to work for, if you have no ambition."

Former Employee - Client Support in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Client Support in Portland, OR

I worked at D+H full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Work/life balance with ability to work remotely.
    - Decent benefits package.
    - Co-Workers.

Cons

- Job advancement... Forget about it, open positions, or promotions are rare and most moves for new opportunities are lateral.

- Pay is very subpar for the industry regardless of position, unless you are a C level exec or in an upper management role.

- Tuition Assistance : For some this is great for others you may never recieve it.If the major program doesnt align with what the business has in mind for your career trajectory with them, you can expect to never see this.

-Outsourcing and job stability: If you work in a client facing role, you are at risk of having your job cut and sent elsewhere as the company continues to grow outsourcing operations or expand into new world territories.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and not so much the bottom line for investors. The people you employee are the reason your company succeeds. Take care of them and it will reciprocate.

Also stop telling your employees how much net profit you are making per quarter/year then also telling us why we can barely get a 2% raise... the numbers dont add up and demoralize people durring the meetings by reinforcing the fact that we are undervalued.

"It was a great company once"

Former Employee - I Will Not Tell in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - I Will Not Tell in Portland, OR

I worked at D+H full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work from home. Great coworkers

Cons

No promotions. They reward with starbuck gift cards to people who go over an above but avoid giving exceed standards on reviews to get out of decent pay increase. Management out of touch with product, market needs and staff. Rumors have it that D&H is positioning the company for sale. Lenders are bailing quickly to other products.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with their customers and their staff. Produce better quality products.

6. "The company is in a total state of dysfunction and chaos."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at D+H full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, ability to work from home.

Cons

In the past 2 years the company has completely morphed the reporting structure, out sourced 80% of software development to India, outsourced most of IT to India, changed every development process into agile. All of these changes occurred at the exact same time with no direction or support from senior management. The end result is a complete mess with rock bottom employee moral, development teams with no clue how the product they code and test works, and complete confusion of how to accomplish the simplest tasks. Many of these changes are causing the product line to suffer - decreasing the quality of the products by a huge factor to the point where customers are beginning to look else where.

Advice to Management

The products we create at D+H are huge, complex and filled with vast amounts of business logic. This is why the best development staff members have 10+ years working on a specific system. It is delusional to think these people can be replaced by a bunch of 25 year olds in India with no banking knowledge and limited system knowledge. Please wake up and take the time to understand the complexity of the software we create before you make illogical decisions on staffing.

"Bad, Worse, Worst..."

I worked at D+H full-time

Pros

No good reasons to work here... Haven't see such a bad organisation.

Cons

All employees are grossly overworked due to pressure from senior management and middle managers.
    Middle managers are the worst of all, they play favoritism and crush everyone who's not ready to do boot-licking. And there's no way you can complain about this to anyone, everyone's complicit in this - HR, Managers, Senior Management, everyone.
    No career growth, no salary increments or bonus. They won't even organize even 1 team event. If you even try to complain they'll threaten you to fire.
    No training. You can see everyone's moral is to the bottom and they're there just to be able to meet ends need.
    CEO and Senior management just want to show more profits and earn bonus for themselves... that's it.

Advice to Management

If you don't take care of your employees, you're going to go down for sure...

"The grouch effect"

Pros

Work from home - no micro managing, if you get the job done right and on time that's all that matters. My direct managers are caring helpful people .

Cons

If there are no horses the stall is clean. What I mean by that is with large companies (lots of horses ) you're bound to find some horse poop. I see a lot of negative reviews about this company, and that's generally because when people are happy they don't write reviews about how happy they are. Only the miserable write reviews. So, in my little stall, things are great overall .

Advice to Management

Happy employees make happy customers . I've lived by this saying for a long time .

9. "Marketing"

Pros

Excellent company to work for. Great benefits and lots of teamwork and support.

Cons

No negative things to say.

10. "BankServ / FUNDtech related"

I worked at D+H full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

BankServ was a great company, merged with FUNDtech that originally had fantastic management. Don't know about A+D. Employees worked hard with BS, but we were all involved. My loyalty continued to FUNDtech.

Cons

FUNDtech related - not A+D. Seemed there was more of a disconnect with upper management.

Advice to Management

Please be sure to be open and honest with your employees. They are the ones that get you your salary.

"Very Dishonest Executives. Gave misleading survey results to claim credit for phony improvements"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at D+H full-time

Pros

This CEO congratulated himself and execs for one area of the engagement survey that rose a whooping 2 pts. Bragged about it being due to some thing they supposedly did.

Cons

CEO figured everyone was too dumb to realize that the Increase was less than margin of error, survey drastically differed from year before and given by a new firm, rest of it was hidden and never mentioned and all comments ignored after spamming us all with reminders for weeks on end to participate.

Advice to Management

Y'all were busted throwing out 99% of the survey results pretending like it never happened. Quit insulting the intelligence of your employees, investors and customers. We are not as stoopid as your Board.