D2M-Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

D2M-Inc Reviews

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Decent for first career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Some of the people here are enjoyable to work with. There are company paid lunches almost every other week. It has a creative atmosphere.

Cons

It doesn't pay well for a 9-5. All the employees here are very different, so it is hard to make lasting friendships.

Advice to Management

Consider giving raises more frequently, company lunches are great. Make some people clean up their work space.

2. "Not what it used to be...."

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at D2M-Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

D2M used to be a creative place with lots of great designers and engineers.

Cons

I think they fell on hard times after the Instacube debacle (google that and Kickstarter to learn for yourself). I don't think many remain. I'm sure they are probably sharp engineers, but you don't have that same pool of designers and engineers that did some interesting stuff.

Advice to Management

You can't kick the can down the road on finishing work with the excuse that "develop is hard" and takes time. If you promote to be experienced, then you should be able to "see around corners" as you promote. You are too focused on lofty ideas. Instead, focus on QUICKLY finishing out your committed projects. Then you can move onto the next generation. Without a 1st gen, the 2nd gen is pointless.

3. "Started out great, on the decline?"

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at D2M-Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started there some time ago when when it was full of bright and creative people, and there was plenty of work to be had. If you are inquiring about a position there, but very careful and scrutinize the current work and who you'll work with (still some good people).

Cons

There was a decline where nearly everyone left (myself included). There was a brief uptick with some great people and projects, but don't know if that still holds. Inquire about projects, roles, and liquidity.

Advice to Management

Creative ideas make it a fun place to work, but execution all the way through is what makes clients happy. Finish the product at hand, rather than getting half way done and jumping into the next iteration.

5. "Stimulating, Creative Oasis"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Incredibly innovative and creative workplace. A real oasis for the self-starter entrepreneurial type. A lot of employees including myself have ran their own companies before working here, so there is an overall "we can do anything" type of attitude. It is inspiring. Without question the best place I have ever worked. I feel like my individuality is celebrated here at D2M and my team supports me every step of the way.

Cons

There is nothing negative for someone like me at D2M. If you are the kind of person who requires a lot of hand holding and guidance, you may struggle here. Also, if you're looking for a boring, conventional corporate job this is not the place- everyone here is fun, quirky and incredibly bright.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The CEO is a serial entrepreneur, so my only advice is that he hang around the D2M office for a few years so I can continue to be mentored by him. Incredibly inspiring senior staff here, and the horizontal communication platform we have makes everyone feel validated.

6. "Poor leadership"

I worked at D2M-Inc full-time

Pros

Strong mechanical engineering, friendly co-workers.

Cons

EE and ID talent lacking.

Advice to Management

Focus on ME strengths.

7. "sss"

Pros

creative innovative workplace with smart people

Cons

resource constrained like any small company

Advice to Management

no feedback comes to mind