KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

D50 Media

Engaged Employer

D50 Media

Add a Review

D50 Media Employee Reviews about "team"

Updated Apr 19, 2022

Found 34 of over 35 reviews

4.6
D50 Media Chief Executive Officer  Michael J. Skoler (no image)
Michael J. Skoler

16 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of D50 Media and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to Work For!

Apr 19, 2022 - SEO Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers & Management are amazing. Everyone is honest, respectful, and very helpful to one another. The company values its employees and takes good care of them. The workload is acceptable and they will not overload you. They value work-life balance and are very understanding. Generous paid holidays, PTO, & bonuses. The insurance benefits are great including the 401K option and to have the ability to work remotely.

Cons

Absolutely nothing!!! My list of great companies to work for is small - luckily D50 Media has made that list.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not Productive

Apr 19, 2022 - Social Media Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great camaraderie, team is fun to work with. It's very easy to learn something new. Ideas are always welcomed. Great benefits.

Cons

Started working at D50 Media in August 2021. Really enjoyed my time learning from other team members, learning new tools, etc. However, in October, things took a turn when the department hired a new leader. They are very particular about their processes to a fault - which results in Social running consistently behind in campaigns. Additionally, the work/life balance is slim. I requested to take a half day for a wedding, which I was instructed not to go. Sadly, this was not the only case of missing important personal life events. Working here caused me to spiral into a deep depression, so I left after six months. When I put in my two week notice, I was given the boot after two days. Not a great send off.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Company I've Ever Worked With!

Mar 29, 2022 - Junior SEO Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance is a huge priority for this company as well as their commitment to taking care of their employees. They communicate, listen, take notes and actually implement ideas and suggestions brought up! I've never felt so included and valued, which is absolutely priceless for me.

Cons

None that I have experienced so far.

D50 Media Response

Director

Thank you for your review,! We're happy to hear that we've been able to meet the needs of our employees and provide a work/life balance. It's always great when we can share in this with our team members. We are glad you feel included and valued here at D50 Media and want to thank you for your feedback.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Environment - Making a Difference & Helping People

Mar 31, 2022 - Director in Oviedo, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

We get to create and produce high-quality websites that make an impact on people's lives. It's a great feeling to know that we're a part of that.

Cons

There's a lot happening all the time. It may sometimes feel overwhelming, but I love that no two weeks are the same.

D50 Media Response

Director

Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear that you're so happy with the work we do at D50 Media. It sounds like there's a lot going on, but it also sounds like you love being a part of all that. We appreciate hearing from our team members and take their feedback very seriously--thank you again for taking the time to share yours!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work

Aug 16, 2021 - Account Director in Chestnut Hill, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive pay and great benefits. - Solid, stable clients in unique/challenging verticals - topics are interesting and the work you do for them can be very rewarding. - Management encourages new ideas 💡. - Always on the cutting edge of new tools, technology, and tactics - you'll learn so much here. - Growth potential; many employees have been here for a long time. - Environment is inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and fun. - Talented, smart team; no slouches - everyone contributes and is a higher performer (we don't suffer fools or frauds).

Cons

- The main clients are in highly regulated spaces, so while the topics are interesting and the work is rewarding, some things that are "easy" or "no brainers" for some companies are difficult to pull off and we must adhere to ethics rules which at times can limit marketing efforts/take more time to get off the ground. - Staff is lean which can be great in the sense that there is a lot of collaboration, but large scale ideas take a long time to execute. - Old reputation precedes us, which can be annoying. The agency has been through many changes in the last 12 years and if you speak to people who worked here pre-2016, you might hear negative things about lack of company direction and layoffs. As someone who has seen the whole progression and rose up the ranks, I can tell you the last 5 years have been remarkably stable and we've really honed our core competencies. We've built up most departments. You'll just have to take my word for it...

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

It's great!

Nov 23, 2021 - Content Associate in Oviedo, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Respectful co-workers and management: Forget the horror show of toxic workplace culture because the exact opposite exists here! For every bad interaction there are probably 100 good ones. Management team members are excellent mentors. Generous 401(k): If you aren't taking advantage of this you're really missing out in my opinion. Many bonus perks & good surprises: I don't want to give too much away but every so often we'll get a surprise little perk (food etc.) that just brightens my day. They're great!

Cons

Being in an SEO field things can change very rapidly, so you have to stay on your toes. I'd say that's more of a con working in this field in general rather than the actual company. We've also been working remote throughout the pandemic so that might be a con if you prefer face-to-face work (I've enjoyed the remote work process though).

7. 5.0

More Than Just an Employer

Oct 22, 2021 - Senior SEO Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some people work to make a living. We help people and make a living doing it. This team has brought great relationships, friendships, mentorships, and family into my life. The work itself is one thing. But the people we help, and the people we get to be alongside while making a difference in the world is so wonderful and fulfilling.

Cons

This list is slim - and depending on who you are - non-existent. Working remotely can be a downside when you have such a great team and work environment in office. I've been with this company since before we went remote. At first, I loved the idea. Working in pajamas and eating snacks all day? Sign me up! But I actually found myself missing our team. So many great people, great conversations, great advice and mentorship. Some of those things can't be replicated working remote.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing work environment for ambitious and result-driven performance marketers

Oct 24, 2021 - Paid Social Media Manager in Chestnut Hill, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1/ This agency is all about bottom-line results. It's rewarding to see your work directly translate into clients' revenue. 2/ Collaborative work environment and experienced, analytical co-workers allow plenty of room for ambitious young professionals to learn and grow. Unlike many other average marketing agencies, you would have deep insights into the customer journey, lead quality, and get to see how different marketing channels work together to bring conversions. 3/ Very supportive management. The company cares about its employees, supports work-life balance, recognizes talents, and welcomes all innovative ideas and initiatives that can gain learning and improve results.

Cons

Absolutely no cons if you are a high achiever. The company takes care of you very well so prepare to show your best skills. This is not a place for mindlessly checking off tasks or smooth-talking without delivering. The industry can be challenging at times, so persistence is one of the keys to success.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Feels A Bit Unethical

Jan 8, 2022 - Social Media Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well, very good benefits.

Cons

D50 is owned by a personal injury law firm, so you’re entire job is finding ways to target marginalized, injured, or disabled people online and get them to sign on for lawsuits. The amount of data collection, refined targeting, and social listening this company does feels borderline unethical. They’re not very forthcoming in the interview process about what it is they actually do. I was told they were a marketing agency with clients in the health and biotech industries, which was a total lie. The CMO doesn’t know how to let her employees do their jobs. There’s way too much oversight from C-suite to the point where no work was getting done. The hours were so bad it infringed upon work/life balance. Overall, I was so unhappy in I had to leave after only a few months.

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team work environment!

Oct 18, 2021 - SEO Associate in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent work hours, Monday through Friday from 8:30pm to 4:30pm. Several paid holidays and generous PTO. Remote work, with no requirements of in-office activities for the foreseeable future. Extremely pleasant direct management. Lots of feedback and constructive criticism, while providing ample support to improve and to work with your team. Family oriented work culture. They understand that your personal life matters, and are very understanding of extenuating circumstances. Very good health benefits. A lot of room for growth within the company, as the company has repeatedly hired additional employees and typically promotes internally when appropriate.

Cons

If you are not a fan of remote work, or if you get off track easily, this is not the job for you. At least for the Florida team. There are currently no plans of coming back to work in office, and you will be responsible for keeping yourself on track.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews