DACCO Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Mary Lynn Ulrey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to get experience"

Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor
    Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor

I worked at DACCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

coworkers are nice and willing to help each other.
    Benefits are good.

Cons

You will get a lot of jobs apart from what you were hired to do .
    Salary is not the best for all the work

"A little bit of everything"

I worked at DACCO full-time

Pros

You'll see some great stories of hope and redemption here. There is a life after drug and alcohol abuse and DACCO does help people pick themselves up by the bootstraps to live lives again and be well.

Cons

If you are a hard worker they will work you to the bone because that's what they do here. It's just expected to do what they say or else because they think everyone can be replaced so get a place in line if you want to complain because it don't matter. Just do what people say and don't speak up or say one word about it. So yes it's not like I liked coming to work.

Advice to Management

We thought things might be changed but it doesn't look like that the case so I left. If people learned how to show basic respect and peace ability to others then this workplace would be much better.

3. "OK place"

Former Employee - Food Server
    Former Employee - Food Server

I worked at DACCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hearing some of the people life stories

Cons

Dealing with there attitude because there with drawing

4. "Behavioral Health Tech"

I have been working at DACCO full-time

Pros

Becoming part of a team.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say.

5. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at DACCO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working at DACCO for 7 years and find it a great work environment. The people are the best I have ever worked with in my long career in healthcare. Benefits are competitive with those provided by major employers (I worked for HCA for 17 years prior to DACCO, and Moffitt before that and find benefits as good). Casual Fridays are great!

Cons

Working in the non profit world has it's challenges, due to constant Federal and State funding cuts.

Advice to Management

Communicate more, perhaps, as with any industry.

6. "work hard but love your job and the company you keep"

Current Employee - Counselor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at DACCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice environment, wonderful job satisfaction in helping people to recover, decent benefits, best treatment facility in our area with excellent results. There is upward mobility, and that's good.

Cons

We deal primarily with indigent people so their resources are not great but helping them is rewarding.

Advice to Management

More frequent thank you to staff like the free hamburger hot dog cook out to celebrate summer and the Christmas Party.

7. "Clinical Mental Health Counselor"

Current Employee - Clinical Mental Health Counselor/Instructional Paraprofessional in Brandon, FL

I have been working at DACCO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the best Health Care System with more opportunities, benefits, and diversity values

Cons

Needs to improve with customers relationship.

Advice to Management

To improve more and quality care for both the patients and his employees.

"A stepping stone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at DACCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are working in human services because you have a genuine desire to help people get their lives back then this is a great place to work. There are some of the most kind and compassionate people who work here and really want to help make a difference in the clients lives. Vacation and retirement packages are decent and there are opportunities to learn a lot through the different trainings that are offered.

Cons

Constant changes that happen within the company that are never discussed with the staff that are being effected by them. Lack of proper training and resources to effectively do your job. Poor communication between departments which leads to confusion and chaos which is noticeable to the clients. The company says that they want to help one client at a time and claim to stand behind their mission statement but when it comes down to it they serve the almighty dollar. They make allowances for clients who have money but the ones who really want the help but don't have the funds have to jump through hoops to get it. It's unfortunate because for the prices they expect for these clients to come up with are unrealistic and most walk away feeling they should just continue using because it will probably cost them less. It's sad because what a lot of the leaders forget or dont even think about is thayvwe are dealing with human beings. Living, breathing people who have kids and husbands and wives and the reality is that they might walk out our doors and die. All because they couldn't come up with enouyyygh money to get the help they need y know thayt there is enough funding to go around. People need to remember why they decided to work in this field or find some other line of work that doesn't have such severe consequences for poor leadership and basis lack of concern for human lives, drug addict or not.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. They're the ones doing all of the work on the front lines and will know best where changes are necessary. Take care of the staff who are loyal to the company and show up and do their jobs and they will continue to stay loyal. Stop thinking of clients as dollar signs and start treating them like human beings who are coming to us in desperation and getting turned away because they can't afford the help. Not many drug addicts have a savings account set aside for the treatment they are going to need if they decide they want help. Take better care of your staff and it will have a snowball effect in the way they care for the clients and the way they preform their jobs.

"It's about the clients"

Current Employee - Counselor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at DACCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients are why we are here because they need our help and you can change a life. We work at a place where we have that opportunity to help people. That's why I stay.

Cons

All of us are unsure what to do. I really love my job but we have reached our limit, so several of us are going to be posting reviews. Our main concerns are very low pay, no respect, and people who are not truthful. We want change so we can help the clients but management won't listen to us. It's a very unstable workplace.

Advice to Management

Big things need to change because your employees are tired of how things run here at DACCO. We will walk out if things don't change 3-1 groupie out.

"Must stop"

I have been working at DACCO full-time

Pros

None thank you. I'm done.

Cons

Bad environment for employees

Advice to Management

Us employees are fed up. We're done. Start listening to us instead of manipulating us. Get rid of the toxic waste that is just waiting for a retirement paycheck.