DACCO Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mary Lynn Ulrey
1 Rating

1. "Run,Run, Run"

I have been working at DACCO full-time

Pros

Positives, this place will make you resilient! You will b able to Handle anything handed to you. Other than that, all I've gained is weight, anxiety, & depression from the stress.

Cons

Do you want to feel like you work in a political schoolyard playground every day, enjoy hearing about peeing matches between upper management & see nothing ever getting done because of it, wanna see your friends & coworkers fly out the doors like a heard of cattle and not know anyone around you in a few months? Then you've come to the right place! As Trump would say, "Like Hillary Clinton, just because she has experience doesn't mean it's good experience (that's what you'll leave here with.) Haha
     Upper Management coulda gave a Rats Behind if you were breaking your back to get everything done , no appreciation in that place. We can't do our jobs well because All we get told is that the CEO wants is for us to keep the beds full and the money flowing, who cares about Ethics or holding my clients accountable when they break the rules. I get you're running a daycare ..I mean a business..but when I have to start questioning my ethical choices forced down upon me from management then that's when it's time to go.
    Come here to get experience (bad experience) after school then run like the wind!

There's good people here who really care. If you 'cleared out the old swamp' (majority of management, everyone else higher up that's been here way too long, AND the CEO) that place MAY just have a chance. Everybody knows it but can't say it.
    Good luck!

Advice to Management

Find the soul you sold to the devil & start caring again. Fight for something good, fight the establishment, remember why we go into this field!
    There's got to be a balance between keeping the money flowing while holding our clients accountable...there just has to be! So frustrating.

2. "It's a great place to try and make a difference in someone's life."

Former Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL

I worked at DACCO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping a population that most people do not care about helping.
    Co workers that help each other and try to work as a team despite managements beliefs
    Vacation and Holiday pay.

Cons

Favoritism between management staff
    Input for positive changes needed ignored
    Building is deteriorating
    Salary does not match credentials across the agency regardless of time employed.
    Case loads that are next to impossible to manage.
    Re-evaluating your own ethical beliefs daily due to "management" demands despite the legality of the situation. (BILLING) Auditors are either incompetent or so confused on the BS handed to them, distracted and blinded to the problems or just give up, eat free lunch and leave.

Advice to Management

No advice needed. They have not and do not listen to their current or former employees suggestions on change. They know what is best to make the numbers look good regardless of ethical or law violations. I only pray one day someone will care enough to change the negativity that is taking place in their facility.
    I will not complain about wages as we all agreed to the salary rate when offered a position. I will say that if you have credentials behind your name or have none, you deserve similar pay as your co worker performing the same job duties. I believe Dacco was cited for this back in 2011?
    You are barely holding on to a huge portion of your staff that care about the population serviced. We do not stay for the money or the benefits. Trust lower level management and your employees on what we need changed. We work it everyday. We know better than you what we need to become an efficient treatment facility. Just listen and try something new. What have you got to loose? You loose employees that care and had to give give up trying. Just like the population you say you want to help.

"Black Male Counselors"

Former Employee - Program Aide in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Program Aide in Tampa, FL

Pros

Training opportunities. Outstanding reputation in addiction treatment

Cons

Agency culture unconsciously screens out diversity.

Advice to Management

Rely on equity, equality and qualifications of applicants. Lacks "agency will" to hire or develop this population. Self-fulfilling prophecy?

5. "dacco"

Former Employee - Manager in Plant City, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Plant City, FL

I worked at DACCO (Less than a year)

Pros

many jobs to choose from.

Cons

low pay and no recognition for those who work hard

Advice to Management

award the ones who really work and recognize before you loose good people

6. "Great for Public Health Experience"

Pros

Coworkers are friendly - gain meaningful experience within a public health/behavioral health setting

Cons

Non-profits don't have as much room for salary negotiations

"Don't work here."

Former Employee - Behavioral Health Technician in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Behavioral Health Technician in Tampa, FL

Pros

A pro is that you genuinely care about some of the clients and care about their recovery.
    It's really an eye opener for those who are attending school and plan to get into a similar profession.

Also, it's my personal opinion that interactions with clients are beneficial to them.

You'll only have one who cares.

Cons

You'll come to notice that counselors and management look down on you because you're BHT. They don't experience all the things you go through and they don't have to deal with. You as a BHT spend more time with the client then they do.

You're not included in company activities, most of the time you're not informed of anything.

There is a lack of consistency from upper management. Overall, you'll try to enforce the rules but its really management/counselors that serves as a disciplining hand. However, they don't enforce all the rules and they don't necessarily back you up. In order for the clients to respect a BHTs request counselors/management need to enforce and respect the rules as well. I've seen the mentality of other BHTs go down as well. If you're employees do not feel valued what would the outcome be? I suppose poor work ethic as they would feel that they're and work they're doing is pointless.

There isn't enough pay to deal with the verbal abuse and attitudes of clients.

They cannot keep counselors.

Low key racism.

There needs to be a lot more structure.

It's basically a holding pin, a 24hr daycare. They don't really care about the clients; they care about the funding.

Dealing with medication when you're not certified to.

Some of the parents are worse than the clients. You'll meet a lot of enablers.

Unprofessional conduct like a counselor informing clients of searches.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the staff at the lower end.

8. "A good place to work!"

Current Employee - Vocational Services Manager
    Current Employee - Vocational Services Manager

I have been working at DACCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DACCO provides employees with several trainings throughout the year. The employees are personable and fun to work with in all locations.

Cons

Working with mental health and addictions are always challenging. Social Work and paperwork go hand in hand.

Advice to Management

Continue keeping DACCO a great asset to the community.

9. "It's a really great place to work"

Pros

Paid holidays, work and home life is balanced.

Cons

None thus far. They do have favourites.

"really helps people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

I have been working at DACCO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work with clients who really need help and are thankful to have you. Seeing their small strides gives you motivation.

Cons

Paper work paper work and then more paper work. But other than that its a good job and helps people.

Advice to Management

Things are great and very supportive keep up the good work. Management has a lot on their plate as well and I think the other reviewers don't realize that.

11. "Behavioral Health Technician"

Former Employee - Behavioral Health Technician in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Former Employee - Behavioral Health Technician in Wesley Chapel, FL

I worked at DACCO (Less than a year)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

low salary and upgrades to computers needs to happen.

Advice to Management

n/a