DASI Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard Darbyshire

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Application Engineer"

I have been working at DASI Solutions full-time

Pros

This organization is really tuned towards the happiness of the employees. The work/life balance is great. There is plenty of opportunity to learn about new technologies and improve your value.

Cons

The only major downside is that the work can be overwhelming at times, the sheer amount of knowledge necessary to be an effective Application Engineer can feel daunting.

2. "Long time employee"

I have been working at DASI Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to use your strengths to company and customers advantage.
    Options for learning other areas of the business and valuing the employees suggestions.
    Team Driven support model so no employee feels left on an Island.

Cons

Self-paced learning environment for higher end products.
    Some offices need a face-lift, but efforts are more focused on customer facing areas.

Advice to Management

Continue the Family feel of the business it is who we are and why others want to work for/and with us.

3. "Good people but..."

I have been working at DASI Solutions full-time

Pros

Everyone is awesome to work with and it is like a big family. You are not micromanaged.

Cons

Few performance reviews, few raises, ownership has differing visions

Advice to Management

Get a unified vision for the company so you stop butting heads to make it a better working environment for all.

DASI Solutions Response

Jun 27, 2017 – HR Director

DASI’s culture is something we work diligently to maintain. We take it into consideration in everything we do: our hiring practices, work-life balance, and the way we communicate with each other. The... More

"New management doesn't handle the distance"

Former Employee - Applications Engineer
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer

I worked at DASI Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great incentive to working here if you want to progress your own skills as a SolidWorks application engineer, as you will go through many training programs that typically cost a lot of money for free, and working through more user problems than you can ever imagine.

Cons

The company is based on metrics and statistics that do not necessarily correlate with good customer service. You are rated on on how fast you can get through tickets, and how many tickets you work through a day, rather than how thoroughly you can help customers.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, even when you may be busy, they are the ones on the front lines of customer support.

DASI Solutions Response

Feb 22, 2017 – HR Director

We welcome all feedback at DASI Solutions, so we’re thankful for any feedback we receive. With respect to metrics, we have many that we use to guide us. While the volume and time spent on support... More

"Lifetime Career"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Pontiac, MI
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Pontiac, MI

I have been working at DASI Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel that I could make a lifetime career out of what I do at DASI. I feel I can make a difference doing what I love.
    The environment is family-like.
    The workload is varied and challenging.

Cons

Sometimes I spend time after-hours trying to get things done.
    Some tasks/roles can be overwhelming.
    Customers' expectations can be difficult to manage.

"A Great Company To Have Stumbled Into"

Current Employee - Repeat Business Advisor Specializing In Subscription Services in Pontiac, MI

I have been working at DASI Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the staff is amazing, that's hard to find in any company.
    Always willing to help you learn more and expand your skills.
    Nobody micromanages you, you are given a task and it's up to you to complete that. There is a trust there that encourages you to do your best each and every time.
    There is never a shortage of laughs around the office.
    The company believes in its employees, and the company they become, when they all work together as a team.
    If you are unsure, or don't know how something is done there is someone within the company that is willing to explain and help. And they do this with out making you feel incompetent or like a lesser employee.

Cons

There should be more cookies at the potluck.
    For some reason I still haven't received my office Sloth
    There are a lot of software programs that DASI works with and it can be slightly overwhelming when first trying to learn them and their differences

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it obviously works!
    The office could use a pet Sloth

"Exciting Challenges"

I have been working at DASI Solutions full-time

Pros

I enjoy the challenges that are thrown my way. There always seems to be something new each day so there is never a dull. The atmosphere of the work force is friendly and professional but with humor speckled in throughout the day. Great place to work!

Cons

Never having enough time to do everything that I would like to accomplish. I would like to be able to clone myself so that I could spend enormous amounts of time perfecting each task. I know this is not a reality, but I just find myself wanting to always spend more time with each customer than my schedule will allow.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The atmosphere and attitudes of this company are a fantastic and refreshing change from my previous employers.

"sales and customer service"

I have been working at DASI Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere. Management cares about both the employees and the customers.

Cons

Only the typical small to medium size company issues- occasionally disorganized or too many plates spinning at once.

Advice to Management

Work together and continue to delegate. Keep up the good work.

"Employee"

Pros

Working at DASI has been a wonderful opportunity for me. They management is very family orientated making for a very considerate place to work.

Cons

When you first start there is a tremendous amount to learn.

"Small Company - For Better or Worse"

I have been working at DASI Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

May not be a "pro" for all people, but I like the small company atmosphere. It means you are able to actually get to know the people you work with.
    Office has a laid-back feel; you do not have someone constantly over your shoulder watching you work. Casual Fridays. Able to wear sandals. Office potlucks.
    Employees are encouraged to attend training courses and seminars to better their skills and further their careers.
    Open door policy with owners - you have the opportunity to talk with owners almost every day if you want (and if you work in the main office).
    Exciting, ever-changing industry to be part of.
    Good benefits, including a number of different medical options to choose from, good amount of paid vacation even when you first start, paid mileage, overtime, etc.

Cons

A small company means that there are probably limited opportunities for advancement (unless new positions are created).
    Sometimes you feel a bit "thrown to the wolves" to fend for yourself so you do not always know what to do, even in training. Would be better if there was more opportunity for hands-on training where you could shadow another person.
    With multiple locations, you may not work in the same office as your boss, so it can sometimes be difficult to connect and get feedback/responses/meetings.
    Sometimes there seems to be a struggle between the way things have been done in the past and new ideas.
    Not enough paid holidays

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and innovating in order to keep with the industry that you are part of. Be sure to stay engaged with employees as we continue to expand.