DATA Communications Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

DATA Communications Management President & CEO Michael Sifton
Michael Sifton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Never seen such a kind of employer"

Pros

In the beginning everything goes fine till things settle down. Respectful and co-ordinate well as we need to join the organization

Cons

As the days pass by you will know true colors. There wont be any communication or response for any kind of phone calls or emails. Its going to be a nightmare

Advice to Management

Fire the current management

2. "Montreal Office"

Former Employee - Account Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at DATA Communications Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

3 weeks of vacation - negotiated; attractive salary package and perks;

Cons

No assistance for on-boarding; very reluctant colleagues, mean and behaving like being threaten by the new employees; no voice, no opinion; just be the monkey in the herd; very bad, old work environment;

Advice to Management

This feedback is exclusively for the Montreal office. I visited other plants and was of a different impression. I will suggest to the HR and big bosses to travel to their plants to get accustomed with how the company's policy, culture, and values are applied in different places.

3. "Great"

I worked at DATA Communications Management full-time

Pros

Great and relaxed environment

Cons

Nothing in particular. Maybe financial downturn.

4. "Good things come to those who wait......."

I have been working at DATA Communications Management full-time

Pros

The people make a huge difference at DATA CM. You can be yourself and for the most part it is embraced. There is never a day that is the same and it keeps things interesting. HUGE change is making way for the future which can be turbulent but so needed......

Cons

Technology needs to be updated but that is underway with a new ERP system being implemented. Although change is good, communication could improve and it has been over the past year with new faces across the board.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate to all levels - it goes a long way to feeling included and here's to a bright future ahead - new technology, people and processes to follow!

5. "Learned A Lot"

Pros

I learned skilled that I feel proud of using effectively. My co-workers were great. My Sales Rep was incredible and I was an important part of her team.

Cons

Not enough support. Outdated outlooks on a professional level within the environment itself. Inability to not play favourites by management. No real areas to work up into.

"Company without Direction"

I worked at DATA Communications Management full-time

Pros

Good people worked at DATA, it is just too bad they are misused and abused. People with bright futures leave not long after they start. People that just put in time stay with the company for a long time.

Cons

Company is weak overall, although there are employees that are truly dedicated there is no direction and every month there is a new direction and management does not know most of what goes on. Customers would be shocked with the lack of processes that are in place and might take business elsewhere. Company wastes large amount of money on travel.

Advice to Management

Get educated management in place that know how to do things properly and can make change happen without completely destroying the company at the same time. If you speak up, your out faster than you know whats happening. I wonder what the board has to say about this?

May 23, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Hi there,

It is unfortunate you feel the company is weak and management does not know what is going on. We wish while you were employed with us, you would have come directly to us or used our... More

7. "Toxic upper management ruins good workers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Pros

Good, honest and hardworking work force. Decent benefits and work hours. Some moderate opportunity to move around if you know how to play their games.

Cons

If you're not a manager, you're a pawn to be used and shuffled around at management's whim. The people in the workforce work hard and diligently but with an underlying fear of being the next to go unless they comply with unrealistic demands, changing minds, and lack of direction. Long term employees are submissive for fear of not having anywhere else to go and have learned to "keep their heads down". Some Mid- and upper management are aggressive and closed-minded and stuck in their old ways....dare I say dictatorial. On the flip-side, some are outstanding, but they are few. And are prone to the dictates of corporate also. This creates a toxic fear in the workplace. Who wants to go to work every day fearing that if they offer up a suggestion to progress that the guillotine may come crashing down? And don't bother with HR. perhaps they want to be supportive, but there are those who behave like they belong in a schoolyard.

Advice to Management

Talk to the workforce, that is, if they aren't so afraid to speak with you. Allow them to be completely candid and assure them that their honesty will not result in their termination. You must earn peoples' trust, but be prepared that may be an insurmountable task because fear has been ingrained in the culture for so long. Your first impressions are good, but the truth can't be hidden for long.

May 18, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear that your time at DCM did not match our aim of giving our people a great employee experience.

Our people are very important to us because, as you... More

"Good values company that's on the path to improvement"

I have been working at DATA Communications Management full-time

Pros

- Good management team, with needed addition of new President
    - Recent acquisitions that will help company turn things around
    - Recently there has been more communication from management team which is good
    - Great people who know their stuff
    - Employees have good values

Cons

- Culture could be improved with more social activities for employees
    - Offices are a bit outdated

Advice to Management

Keep on this path of improvement

9. "Overall a good company to work for"

I have been working at DATA Communications Management full-time

Pros

An ethical and responsible company.

Cons

Internal communication could be better.

10. "Corporate"

Former Employee - Corporate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Corporate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

It's very difficult to find pros that are reflective of the company. There are some really nice people working there, but the culture is toxic.

Cons

Terrible culture. It's a company without an identity. Because of a weak understanding of how to implement and maintain a successful company culture, each location has its own plethora of broken process that they fight to keep. Constant battles between locations which slows down this giant's efficiency to a crawl. I'm convinced that if their clients were to spend a week observing the way this company functions behind the scenes, they'd go out of business. Main focus is to impress stock holders with smoke and mirrors. Everything is very slow and political. It's quite sad considering how long they've been around. Too many project managers. They over work their employees. Lowsy benefits.
    I wouldn't recommend this place at all.

Advice to Management

Make the long term commitments to fixing your companies major issues.

Jan 27, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

I am disappointed to hear your concerns about the culture at DATA. You are right about the people who work here – they are really nice. And, our people are, in my opinion, what set us apart; they are... More