DAVACO Project Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

DAVACO Project Coordinator Reviews

Project Coordinator

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rick Davis

Pros
  • Great location, regular employee events, competitive benefits, nice people (in 6 reviews)

• Lots of variety, great people, fast paced environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Once u go home and ask when r u going back out u are told ask again you will sit home longer (in 3 reviews)

• Low pay, poor benefits, lack of benefits, constant lay offs, executive team is a joke, no resources, no technology, treat employees like crap (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Contractor - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DAVACO as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The company demonstrates its Value of employees

Cons

No Remote working option now.

Advice to Management

Consider remote working, optimizes productivity and minimizes risk of missing something.

2. "Divided"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

Pros

Training, location, and starting pay.

Cons

The company makes it noticeable that you're a temp/contract worker. Low morale/ high turnover.
    You have to wait almost 6mos to go permanent, if you're liked you can go perm in a month.

Advice to Management

Stop segregating your coordinators everyone is doing the same amount work.

3. "Construction Project Coordinator"

Former Employee - Construction Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Construction Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

Pros

You are exposed to several well known companies

Cons

You tend to work on several small projects

Advice to Management

Be more open minded

5. "Anonymous"

Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at DAVACO as a contractor

Pros

Nice people. Understanding HR Recruiting Mngr. Systems could be improved. See Cons Section

Cons

Being that it is a contract assignment, there is limited time to build the trust you need between coworkers. As a temp, sometimes I couldn't tell if I needed to go to my Project Mngr, Team Lead or HR contact person. Best way to get a response from someone if sending an email is to copy more than one person in it. Some emails, you had to put at least 4-6 people in it. IT Department could be greatly improved. Instead of sending an email for an IT request, why cant' it be a workflow item so the days can be tracked of how long it takes them to do something? The IT guy can take days and days to do something. It would be nice if there was more follow up or a response from IT about the status of the request so we are not just wondering about the status.

Advice to Management

More protocols for the IT Department so no time is lost waiting on equipment to work.

"An amazing company to work for"

Current Contractor - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DAVACO as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Davaco is such an amazing company to work for. They are understanding, family oriented and laid back. The other associates are easily some of the best people I have worked with. Everyone is extremely nice and I couldn't imagine a better place to spend my time Monday through Friday. It has become like a second family to me. The atmosphere and environment is so caring and understanding to most everything.

Cons

I honestly don't have any negative feedback about working with Davaco. I think that the companies values are better than most companies. I have had no issues when it comes to time off. Usually I specify when I need to take off and there hasn't been any problems. My specific supervisor is very understanding and easy to talk to.

"I enjoyed working at Davaco as a Project Coordinator on a contract assignment."

Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at DAVACO as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The good thing was that I was given responsibility of each project to coordinate the work to be done.

Cons

I just think the assignment was too short.

Advice to Management

The work was excellent, and the people were great to work with.

"The WORST place I've ever worked at!"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DAVACO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Other than a small handful of really overworked project coordinators I enjoy working with...NOTHING.

Cons

With unrealistic expected profit margins (30-40%) project support teams are way too lean, filled with temporary workers for LOW pay, with expectations of completing 60 hours of work in a 40 hour time frame. Turnover is high within the company. The HR department is a joke, and the IT department is even worse. Seriously outdated IT equipment by a good 5-8 years. Project Coordinators are doing the work of Project Managers for about 30,000 less in salary. Project coordinators make 15-17.00 an hour there, while median rate in the DFW area is 23-25.00. The benefits really stink, with the employee paying 75% of the cost.

Senior Mgmt is nothing but a good ol' boy network who are clueless as to who really does all the heavy work for them. Rick Davis walks around there as if he's Master of the Universe, but has absolutely no consideration or respect for the temp or contract worker which makes up for at least 40% of his workforce. Davaco probably has the most stressful environment I've ever worked at. There aren't consistent policies - some miss work 4-5 days a month while others are expected to come into work sick - and the wage disparities among the project coordinators is unbelievable.

Bad environment, bad culture, bad pay and bad management!

Advice to Management

I won't even waste the effort, because it simply won't matter to Rick Davis or his senior mgmt team.

"Upper Management has unrealistic profit margins."

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at DAVACO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My immediate boss was a great guy.

Cons

President of company is clueless. Has no concept of the strain of being a field employee. Project coordinators doing project manager work. Disconnect between accounting and the rest of the office. Positive feedback non-existent. Constant turnover in HR & sales.

Advice to Management

Go out with your crews for a week. Sit down with your office workers. Answer the phones.