DB&A Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
DB&A President & CEO Michael Owens
Michael Owens

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The ability to experience numerous different industries in a relative small amount of time" (in 7 reviews)

• "The best part of DB&A is the ability to work with many different people in a wide array of industries" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "In addition, the project managers and team members have all been eager to help new staff in the field so you are never really on your own" (in 16 reviews)

• "You cant really understand "its 100% travel" until you're flying out and coming back every single week" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Good"

Pros

Good good treat employees right
    Great
    Fun
    Where I love to be
    Pay

Cons

None none none none none ok
    Shift
    Late nights
    Management
    Ok

Good

"Former employee that had their own ups and downs, but looks at politics and commitments in many past companies. The neg"

I worked at DB&A full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There has been several negative posts. I can assure you it is only people that were not a good fit for the Industry and had I’ll feelings towards Leadership. These statements were not factual. As a Longterm former employee, there has been change in Leadership, including the CEO. It is a very stable company that has very high expectations of its people, because they have a commitment to their clients to deliver the Highest Quality Projects that deliver a real quantifiable financial savings, and Cultural change for longterm/repotive results. The company is not going anywhere, and has a history of over a thousand successful projects. Many were Fortune 100/500/1000 companies. It is not for the faint at heart or those not committed. It is a very High Stressed job, because of the commitments made to Clients. So if an employee is not committed and of a High Caliber, then they will not be around long, hence bad feedback on Glassdoor sometimes. The CEO, is committed, travels more then any employee or other leader to ensure he is in theFront Line and the Company delivers for Clients. You will not see that anywhere else in the Industry. This is unique and what has allowed them to be in existence for over 30 years. One of a very few Consulting companies that has been in existence for that time. Something has to be unique and right in their commitments to clients. I would put the company up against any other company out there.

Cons

The amount of stress to be focused and deliver for clients everyday. And the amount of travel takes time to adjust for individuals and especially families.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus and drive, but acknowledge other Leaders for their commitment and Drive. It takes a lot to balance work to life balance, and continue with a positive attitude because of the environment of High Octane Leadership to turn companies around. The companies did not get there over night but Leadership gets a change in months. That can wear people down without a break or positive acknowledgement.

3. "BAD"

I worked at DB&A full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No good here only bad

Cons

Very bad place to work

Advice to Management

Bad...remove all

4. "Not so sure about company"

I have been working at DB&A full-time

Pros

Like others that have posted here I am not sure if there are any.

Cons

The travel is 100% for a salary that recent college grads would scoff at.
    A company filled with an evasive, dishonest, and job-fearing support staff.
    Previous post is correct, you want dishonesty, office politics, and no vision on long-term employee and client development - DB&A is your company.

"Hard to believe clients pay DBA"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at DB&A full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are absolutely no benefits to working for DBA. None.

Cons

DBA proprietary tools are an embarrassment to the management consulting industry. The quality of work DBA puts in front of clients isnt even third rate. The folks in upper management are obviously (and solely) profit-driven, which isn't such an anomaly for a small-time outfit. However the technology, the leadership, and DBA's rationale for existence are nearly impossible to understand. These are all qualitative judgments, but the proof is in the pudding. You dont go from $50+ million in revenue to less than $20 million in a few years without mismanagement, abysmal consulting tools, and clients waking up after being sprinkled with "Chief Dust" to realize what an incredible waste of time and money DBA offers.

Advice to Management

More monogram dress shirts for DBA managers.

"sales representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at DB&A full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there is no any pros here

Cons

messed up management, always useless meeting

Advice to Management

try to do something useful here

"Success is not for everyone. DBA delivers success, so it is not for everyone."

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I gained more knowledge in three months than I did in years. I'm challenged daily and I love it. I know most people don't like that which is why I put on the title that its not for everyone.

Cons

You cant really understand "its 100% travel" until you're flying out and coming back every single week. This isn't a con for me but I can see why some people would see this as a con.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to current employees and don't lower the bar.

"Learning a lot about how I’ve been doing it wrong!"

Current Employee - Management Consultant
    Current Employee - Management Consultant

I have been working at DB&A full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great improvement concept and process that goes to the heart of continuous improvement on both process AND, more importantly, behavior. Although I have many years of leadership, management and CI experience, I have learned how much I didn’t know and had been doing wrong all those years. As an employee, I’ve experienced a good balance of training, controlled application and constructive feedback. I have been allowed to learn from my stumbles and have been recognized for improvements. Advancement potential is great.

Cons

Travel is extensive, but I get home every weekend. Rarely do I get any emails that are work related while I’m home. Daily hours are long for some but not unusual for anyone who has been in business management. Benefits are average and no match on the 401k.

Advice to Management

Many improvements have been made to address the current challenges with recruitment and retention - but there is more that needs to be done. I’m not sure if you are aware of the root cause. Try an independent 360 evaluation to get the true feedback you need to determine next steps. Have the courage to let go of what “has been” then make the recommended changes to recruit/retain the talent you need to grow.

"Excellent and Challenging Place to Work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exceptional training with guided training while working with groups.
    Travel
    Everyone wants to see you succeed.

Cons

Hours vary from project to project.

"Rewarding and Challenging"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at DB&A full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DB&A is a very unique work experience that stretches your abilities beyond a typical position. If you’ve ever managed others or want to, this position opens your eyes to leadership skills and the necessary mindset of effective leaders.
    The travel points are a nice perk as well as the company benefits.

Cons

It takes a little to adjust to the environment if you’re not used to it. The feedback is humbling (but necessary).