DB&A Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2020

4.0
DB&A President & CEO Michael Owens (no image)
Michael Owens
Pros
  • "DB&;A's a mature organization that continues to challenge itself to be better meaning they challenge you to be better all the time(in 14 reviews)

• "It is hard work and at times frustrating but ultimately the reward of seeing your persistent efforts pay off continuously, make it all worth while(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Inconsistency in how project managers manage their team and people(in 18 reviews)

• "You may be needed to put in late or long hours(in 14 reviews)

"DB&A Cares! -Great Career Choice"

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DB&A full-time for less than a year

Pros

-CEO/Leadership really cares about employees - Great work environment - Good benefits and healthcare -Challenging work environment that promotes growth and integrity - 100% Travel

Cons

no cons available at this time

2. "A company with a great reputation in the industry that cares about its employees"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive work environment, excellent executive leadership, benefits

Cons

A challenging position for those who love the thrill of the chase, are persuasive, are coachable and trainable, and have ability to achieve goals and quotas.

3. "Great culture(feel like working with a family) + a lot of growth opportunities!"

Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at DB&A full-time for less than a year

Pros

a TRUE Culture/family environment A lot of growth / advancement opportunities Fun environment to work on Amazing boss who understands her team/needs to be successful Hard working women who have been working with the boss (Tisha) for years and also know what it takes to be successful Great training program/all tools needed to be successful

Cons

Not paid per hire/final stage pass and only paid per initial interview if pass

Continue reading

"Great opportunity, just know the expectations"

Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The services that DB&A delivers to it's clients is one of a kind - driving REAL behavior change and measurable results at F500 companies. Consultants and Project Managers I've worked with here are by far, the most committed individuals I've worked with throughout my career. I am appreciative of the opportunity to work with some amazing professionals. I am consistently learning and being challenged to grow. Company and communication style is extremely transparent which I like and prefer, but can be uncomfortable or an adjustment for others. If are genuinely interested in professional development, you will receive consistent and valuable feedback from peers and managers - something I never experienced with previous companies. Career track with different consultant levels and opportunity to go into Project Management. Fully compensated if not assigned to a project. Per diem, air miles, hotel/reward points and guest travel options are a plus.

Cons

The company requires a high degree of performance and we operate at a fast pace and with a high sense of urgency. Sometimes people may struggle if they are lack initiative, strong leadership skills and are not a natural self-starter. The weekly travel lifestyle isn't for everyone - demands of the job shared in hiring process (travel/flexibility). You must have the capability, confidence and personality to effectively coach, influence and hold clients accountable. You have to be comfortable addressing performance gaps and having tough discussions as you are doing this daily. Some people may struggle with this.

Continue reading

"Phenomenal Leadership and Commitment to their People"

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The leadership is very engaged in everyone in the organization and provides impactful feedback and growth opportunities. DB&A's a mature organization that continues to challenge itself to be better meaning they challenge you to be better all the time. Not everyone has the maturity to handle this, but those that do thrive and make a wonderful career and life for themselves.

Cons

Many mistake challenging people to be their best to be brash and unprofessional management. The truth is the leadership is transparent and strong in good times nd in bad. I know from many years experience with DB&A, they have their people's best interest at heart and push you to be better. The rest is a personal choice to accept that and be better or not.

"Not a good place to work"

1.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They had a nice cafeteria with solid refreshments.

Cons

The culture of this place is exactly as stated in the honest reviews, its awful. The pay is simply laughable, but this can't be considered a genuine consulting outfit. It's 1 of many smoke-an-mirror small time outfits. This company also has terrible instability, little mode or motive to adapt. It's because it's run by the kind of folks who have little to no idea what they're doing, other than a relentless obsession about enriching themselves. Oh, and in addition to terrible pay, terrible culture, you're on the road 48 to 50 weeks a year, for 5 days out of the work week. Oh, and the positive reviews that you read, that look a little incongruent and out of place, those are written by the HR folks at the direction of management. Got it?

DB&A Response

May 29, 2020

We are sorry to hear this about your experience at DB&A. We value all of our current and former employees' feedback so we would be happy to learn any additional regarding specific instances and how we can improve. Please feel free to contact HR to discuss anytime.

7. COVID-19

"Family"

Current Employee - Employee in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people who are uncompromisingly committed to their clients, to their profession and to each other.

Cons

Current situation with COVID-19 creating a stigma for traveling professionals.

"The real DBA"

1.0

I worked at DB&A full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are success you can make decent pay

Cons

Culture Culture Culture, this place is a toxic work environment

DB&A Response

May 29, 2020

Please feel free to contact HR to so we can learn more about your negative experience and how we can improve. We wish you the best.

"DB&A - A great place to work"

Current Employee - Business Analysis Manager

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great organization, focused on success for their clients and associates. DB&A asks a lot of their associates but provides the support to be as successful as you want to be. Expect to be stretched as a professional, but also expect to go as far as you want to go. Hard work and results leads to tremendous personal satisfaction in seeing our clients shift from a reactive/passive organizational culture to proactive culture. Note, this is not the place for individuals who don’t or won’t set high expectations for themselves as well as our clients. Nor is it a place for those who do not thrive in a challenging business, are not self-motivated and willing to work hard, be stretched and take honest feed-back and developmental guidance.

Cons

Travel is at times a hassle, being at the mercy of the airlines on a weekly basis isn't always fun

Continue reading
  10. "Growth and Security"

Current Employee - Management Consultant

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is always in challenging times that you know if you are working for the right company, more specifically the right team of executives. It has shocked me how open and honest the company has been with us, as the front line workers, about the state of the company and their plans moving forward. It was surprised me even more what the executives are willing to do and sacrifice to make sure we continue to get our full pay and be unhindered by this Corvid crisis. Many of my friends are being unexpectedly furloughed or laid off, but DBA is doing everything it possibly can to make sure that does not happen. In the worst case if some people had to be furloughed we would at least know well in advance, which is a lot more than what other companies are doing by surprising their employees. I have a new found respect for the company and it's leadership. I have never worked for a company so honest with their staff, and I really appreciate it.

Cons

A lot of travel and long work days

Found 177 reviews