DDI Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

DDI Consulting President Darryl Carter
Darryl Carter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Growth Oriented Business"

I have been working at DDI Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to learn hands on skill sets and gain real-world experience.
    Awesome atmosphere with motivated team members.
    A growth oriented business, there is room to advance and move forward for those willing to take it!

Cons

You will be challenged constantly, but growth always comes after a little pain!

Advice to Management

Keep providing opportunity for those who want to go after it.

"Best game in town"

I have been working at DDI Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If your looking for a team orientated, competitive, work place where there's opportunity for growth and development then DDI is the job for you. Since being here I've grown in some many ways Professionally and outside of work. I would recommend this position to people looking for something more then just a clock in clock out position. The management here is awesome and they really care about the growth and development of their people.

Cons

I guess I would only say a downside (which I wouldnt consider this being a downside) of being here is that you have to develop how to step outside of your comfort zone and challenge yourself daily.

"Not worth your time"

Former Employee - Junior Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

I worked at DDI Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, lots of outings. You get to feel like a real somebody, even though you have no clue about what business is about or what sales and marketing is.

Cons

No real advancement opportunities, if you are a college grad, aim higher than this. Commission sales job with either base or commission, not both.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to new candidates about pay and what your company does, and be more open to people with actual experience working with people.

DDI Consulting Response

Nov 16, 2015 – President & Ceo

First off I would like to thank you for the review, we appreciate everyone’s opinion and feedback here at DDI. I’m glad you felt like a somebody working with us, we really strive to make sure our... More

"Challenging but worth it"

Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Where to start:
    The manager is knowledgeable, charismatic, passionate, and genuine. I interviewed with him a couple months ago and could tell how much he cared about his business, the people he worked with, and his client.

I started with no sales experience and everyone helped teach me how to display confidence vs cockiness, make presentations, and, even when I questioned myself, they related to their own experiences.

I learned effective communication, how to talent scout, and was allowed to make mistakes without the fear of being fired automatically. It was a difficult concept to wrap my mind around and after a couple months I started to get into the full swing of things

Cons

The main downside I felt was the schedule. It is a manageable schedule hours wise just not ideal with the specific days I worked. I would have stayed at DDI if my school schedule didn't conflict with the hours.

Advice to Management

My biggest piece of advice to you is to remain humble. What attracted me most about working with you is the fact that you constantly asked your team how you could get better and I could tell you weren't just blowing smoke.

"Direct Reflections"

I have been working at DDI Consulting full-time

Pros

I work at DDI and I the time I have spent working there seemed as if I were in a time machine. 1 year has felt like 3 years in terms of growth. The growth that has occurred within myself is truly memorizing when reflecting on myself when I first came into the company.

The only thing that prevents you from accomplishing your goals and dreams is the person you look at in the mirror.

Cons

The process hurts... but if there is no pain, then your not growing!

Advice to Management

Be the opportunity and grow together.

"Great Culture to Learn and Grow"

Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Learned so much about sales and business while I was here. Management really takes the time to develop people. The pay was great, and the sales training was way more than what I expected. For someone coming into an industry with no prior experience I couldn't imagine a better fit.

Cons

My biggest problem was that I was unable to commit the amount of time required to continue to advance there. I was unable to balance a full time school and work schedule at the same time. Management tried to work with me but I decided to put school first. I would love to come back once I have finished my degree.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I see this company growing and expanding more and more as the years pass. I can’t wait to see how sharp the team will be by the time I can come back.

"Great People and Great Enviornment"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at DDI Consulting full-time

Pros

The people working here are extremely dedicated towards helping the trainees be successful. The skills I've learned working here I use on a daily basis.

Cons

Expect to be pushed outside of your comfort zone for results.

"Life changing."

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at DDI Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every day is a real and tangible opportunity you can take advantage of. The business is full of kind, helpful and driven people, a combination not seen everyday. When you put in more effort, you get immediate compensation. Finally, the metrics for upward mobility inside the business are clear and concise, no smoke or mirrors. Anyone with drive and vision, and a love for helping people will thrive here.

Cons

If you're only willing to give 90% effort, you won't feel like you are getting a full return on your investment here at DDI.

Advice to Management

Continue the growth!

"Great Environment"

Pros

I loved working at ddi. It is a fun environment with self-motivated individuals. It's a serious place where you wear suit and tie, but it's fun and just gets loud. It's not your ordinary job working at a desk. If you have the effort and an open mind, your possibilities are endless at this job.

Cons

It is a very competitive environment. This is not a typical 9-5 job and you must be 100% effort all the time. You must work hard to get anywhere in this company.

Advice to Management

Put in the effort and learn from the most successful people in the office.

"Absolutely amazing"

Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at DDI Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been with the company for a shirt time, but the time i have been here it is honestly the best job(career) i have ever had. The people and the atmosphere are incredible. I live coming into work EVERY day.

Cons

In all honesty, i have absolutely no Con's about this job or company. Every one here is always there for you weather it is something your having trouble with at work or even in your personal life.