DDN Storage Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
DDN Storage Co-Founder & CEO Alex Bouzari
Alex Bouzari

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • DDN is surrounded by great people, flexible work schedules are a plus, and the technology is on of its kind (in 10 reviews)

• Great team of hard working, very talented and extremely helpful individuals (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management does not what is hapenning internationally (in 5 reviews)

• executive management don't care about their employees (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Just Saying..."

Current Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at DDN Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DDN has a great group of talented employees, dedicated to contributing to the success of the Company. The technology is cutting edge and constantly changing. If you are looking for a place to grow, this is definitely the place. You will be stretched both personally and professionally.

Cons

It is unfortunate that there is a segment of the employees who are not happy who chose to go on Glassdoor and other social media to harm the Company with a very tainted and bitter perspectives of things. Not sure if these folks realize that they harm other colleagues who are trying very hard to make things better. Your experience is not everyone else so don't go on and communicate your sentiments as if they are for all the employees.

Like all companies, there are sour grapes and always a reason why they prefer to write rather than communicate the "truth" internally and do something actionable about it. Ask yourself the question, what have you done about it before going and posting negative comments. You are as much at fault as those who you blamed if you don't take the necessary actions to improve things yourself.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Continue to strive better to promote best practices programs and initiatives for them. This will go far in attracting and retaining talent.

Mar 1, 2018

Thank you for your balanced perspectives. It is encouraging that we continue to hear from our employees, both past and present. This social media platform is one of the avenues of communications... More

"Fun Fast Paced Environment"

I have been working at DDN Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun company with cool technology. There is always interesting things happening here that you can get involved in.

Benefits are good, and hard work is generally rewarded here.

Cons

Company revenue has it's ups and downs, from quarter to quarter.

Mar 1, 2018

We take pride in the products which we offer our customers. Our technology is cutting-edge which challenges the team to engage in interesting projects. Our unique culture works towards a... More

"Failure Analysis Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at DDN Storage (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work environment is OK and with good benefit (Health Insurance)

Cons

FA Department Management needs to be improved, manager should be more professional, more respectful than be personal and micro-management

"Chatsworth Employee"

I have been working at DDN Storage full-time

Pros

My DDN Storage experience has recently began. The process from recruitment to coming on board was professionally conducted. If this is any indication of what my DDN Storage journey will be, I am excited and optimistic.

Cons

None as of yet.

Advice to Management

You have a great group of folks.

"Chatsworth Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at DDN Storage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many that I can really remember.

Cons

* C level suite and Owners do what is right for them not what is right for the company or the people working at DDN. They get their bonuses and whatever is left is given out to employee's which is not a lot. 1 of the owner is extremely into micro-managing all the way down into the trenches that it has become a joke among employee's.
    * My team really did not want improve and when guided to improve ignored request. When tried to perform corrective action was blocked by Sr. Management and HR. HR even coddled them when they felt hurt that they had been asked to do work properly. It was a total joke.
    * HR sticks it nose into areas that traditional HR doesn't belong. They definitely operate by favoritism. They got rid of experience HR people and kept their favorites who have very little HR experience.
    * HR has asked employees to give favorable glass door feedback because they saw how bad things were.

Advice to Management

* Get out of the way and sell the Company to people who know how to run a company. Now that I'm away from DDN and have talked to others in the industry they indicate DDN Management is a joke and that is reason they wouldn't buy the product. They don't trust the longevity of the company. It is really unfortunate because there are a bunch of bright people at DDN who want to accomplish great things.

Mar 1, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. DDN is not unlike other entrepreneurial environments, which is to be a profitable and thriving business. Communication is a key part of our continued success, and we... More

6. "Small business feel in a big business world"

I have been working at DDN Storage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small business atmosphere, friendly workplace

Cons

Could be a little more competitive w/ wages to bring to bring in more talent and inspire the want for advancement from those already there

Advice to Management

Work on more competitive wages

"Believe the negative reviews..."

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at DDN Storage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Salaries. Great, top tier product. Fastest storage around. Some great internal resources (people) if you search hard enough.

Cons

Privatly owned by two first class jerks that make everyone walk on eggshells. You learn very quickly that the current culture in Sales/Marketing is very negative and not team oriented. This environment has created a cut throat environment of in fighting, which has pushed groups into isolated islands within the company.

Advice to Management

The current owners need to release control of their company before it’s too late... They have taken it as far as they can. Small minded individuals cannot bring growth to this company.

"Need to figure themselves out"

I worked at DDN Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of brilliant people working there. Lots of innovation if you're a software or electrical engineer. This is a medium sized company. Stay there long enough and you will know everyone and they will know you. The medium size makes it very family-like in many ways.

Cons

The company seems to ebb and flow, having really good quarters that exceed forecasts, followed by less than good quarters that don't. The company then over-compensates by reducing head count without considering what those people actually do. This reduces morale for the remaining people and then the cycle is destined to repeat itself. Loyalty does not appear to be rewarded because of this and is basically taken out of the equation as part of an employee's makeup. Although there is no official policy, it does appear that employees who do not have families tend to be kept during layoff cycles because they are more likely to work extra hours, while older employees with families tend to be the ones let go, as their experience commanded higher salaries, and make them more likely to be targets of cost-reducing measures.

Advice to Management

Learn who is really helping the company survive and grow. Learn to recognize loyalty. Profitability is important for that survival and for reinvestment, but do so many people need to lose their livelihoods while the co-founders bankroll their lavish lifestyles? What if they took a reasonable cut because they risked in the beginning and came up with the right idea that does employ hundreds of others, and instead kept enough around so that a few dozen others could still provide for their families and maintain some dignity? That kind of action could payoff in magnitudes. Just an idea...

9. "Great company to work"

I worked at DDN Storage (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good management and coworkers are friendly

Cons

A lot of things to do.

10. "Growth for opportunity"

I have been working at DDN Storage full-time

Pros

People are interesting and passionate. Culture is very diverse. We're located across the globe. Product is very innovative and we are moving to better software.Impact what we do matters and makes a difference.

Cons

Lots of he say and she say. Don't pay attention to the rumors every company has this type of negativity.

Advice to Management

Don't forget what the main focus of what the company is. Start encouraging other employees to strive to do the best and you will see a difference at DDN.